Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-25-2013, 8:51 PM Reply   
I thought I would start another thread showing my Plas Deck synthetic teak floor install from start to finish
This is what I started with.

Here is a Sample of the Material Im going to use

Plas Deck makes many diffrent colors

Carpet Removed

I took a belt sander with 36 grit to the floor to smooth it out and remove all the factory glue

Because the floor would end right at the floor joints they need's to be finsihed

All the joints in the boat were sanded and refinished and Epoxy'd Black

All the floor Boards needed to be re made because the thickness of the carpet raised them up to floor level when the carpet was removed the factory boards were 1/2 inch counter sunk into the floor the new boards were made to sit flush with the floor.

The boards were epoxy'd resin'd and then Rhino Lined

After I got the floor boards the right height I could start the template. This is the Material used to make the template. Its a clear plastic

The plastic was layed out and I marked the Joints and the Margins with Blue tape and Black pen

The String is used to mark the center line of the boat

This is a example of a margin. Its the boarder that will go around the motor box

Here is the joints around the ski locker

The Margin going around the boarder of the boat

Once the template was made I rolled it up and shipped it out to the factory in Indiana.

Once Plas Deck received my template they scanned it and sent me a blue print of the lay out

Here is a pic of the floor at the Factory, They will send you some photos to give you a heads up of what it looks like so you can spot problems before it ships

It arrives in a Giant Tube

Out of the tube I layed it out to see what i was dealing with. The material layed flat very quick

I layed the floor out to test fit it

then I pulled small sections of the floor back and layed down the glue