Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (AndrewC)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-25-2013, 4:10 AM Reply   
After a lot of should I, should I not or could I be bothered's, I finally decided to commit to making my own NSS system. After all, I love fabricating these sorts of projects!

After talking to my dealer, I found out that at this stage the Nautique factory will not be doing a system for my boat. I think this is based around not having the Linc system.

With only seeing the promo videos and pictures, I have taken a punt on design. Seeing some internals on the real deal would have helped, but I have not been able to locate anything on the web.

With my drawings complete, I set about getting the laser cutting of the stainless done. Clearances around the swim platform are tight, and the large radius on the back of the boat corner means some infill material was required.

I then turned my attention to the control panel and fabricated this on our CNC engraver. I then bought the switches and set about wiring it up. I am yet to integrate it to the GPS to warn of over speed but that will come last and I have figured out how I am going to do this. I also bought the lenco actuators around this time. See the action here https://vimeo.com/74806565

I worked out that the swim platform is too close to the back of the boat on one side. It appears that when the boat was built, the platform was slightly on the pi$$. This meant that the gap between the platform and the boat was slightly bigger on one side then the other. I though, No worries, I will just undo the 16 or so screws that hold the platform to the brackets and slide it back 10mm. WRONG! nearly all the screws sheared off and were left stuck in the platform. The mild steel bolts had grown into the ally plates that were glassed into the platform.

I have ground the broken off studs that are stuck in the platform down and it then went to the fiberglassers to get repaired. I also reinstalled this using M8 bolts rather then screws into the aluminium. Whilst the brackets were off I sent them to the powder coaters to be painted as well.

With the platform remounted, I set about installing the backing plates and their packers. After this I could then scribe the infill's to the side of the boat and clean up.

Finally, had the backing plate installed after painting then connected everything up. I also created a new cool self branding logos for the fun of I t

Won't know the results for a couple of weeks but will let all know when its been tested.
Attached Images
                      

Last edited by AndrewC; 09-25-2013 at 4:13 AM. Reason: typo

 
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:59 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us