Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-11-2013, 11:44 AM Reply   
Hey guys... I'm new here and have looked at some discussions about best boat etc. But my question is more specific. I'm going from an EPIC Wakeboat 23V to a smaller 21' boat (I need the space). Ive kind of narrowed it down to the Z1 with the convex VX and a Enzo 211... I probably wont be able to demo either boat before buying so I was looking for some real world experience. Both dealers have good reputation and I'm confortable with both and the pricing seems pretty close.

Any thoughs?
Old    Supreme Device (rullery)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-11-2013, 11:57 AM Reply   
I would very strongly recommend demoing before you buy. It is THE best way to get familiar with the boats. You will hear a thousand opinions here but the only opinion that really matters is your own. Sorry for the disappointing answer.

That being said, the Z1 for sure!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2013, 12:26 PM Reply   
Sounds like your a surfer. From your choice of boats.I too would recommend a demo. You could fly to Abilene Texas and tour the factory and demo a Z1 the same day.That way you could check out the wave when the boat is properly weighted. Centurion makes a great boat too. You won't really know which one is better for you until you demo both boats.Tigeowners.com has a thread about the Z1 with convex VX with pictures of the wave. Good Luck.
Old    Travis Q (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-11-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
James riding an Enzo 211 . . . kind of speaks for itself

Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-11-2013, 3:18 PM Reply   
Of coarse James is a professional surfer. Your results may vary depending on your experience level.
Old    Travis Q (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-11-2013, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Of coarse James is a professional surfer. Your results may vary depending on your experience level.
Agreed, he's shredding in that video, but a great representation of the wave that the SS210 puts down!
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-11-2013, 3:36 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I'll see if we can squeeze a demo in before our season is over.

I like the centurion's wake from all of the video's but I sure like the qualtiy and style of the tige.

Is the wake in the video above with stock ballast?
Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-11-2013, 3:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cek View Post
Thanks guys. I'll see if we can squeeze a demo in before our season is over.

I like the centurion's wake from all of the video's but I sure like the qualtiy and style of the tige.

Is the wake in the video above with stock ballast?
Highly doubtful.
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-11-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCObray View Post
Highly doubtful.
lol... Thats what I was thinking.
Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-11-2013, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cek View Post
lol... Thats what I was thinking.
Hopefully they report back with the weighting, because that's a great looking wave.
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-11-2013, 6:14 PM Reply   
Here are a couple of videos, this is a 2012 211 from our 2011 polar bear event:



And here is a test we did with several tiges, the Z1 was excellent. It was weighted stock, with 300 lbs under surf side seat added, then myself and family. I am a big dude, but this is definitely not sacked out.



Then you can look at these pictures. This was a new Z1 owner that asked us to help him sack the Z1 with large custom sacs and dial it in. I was NOT in the boat for any of these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/s...7635062341628/
Old    Brendan (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
Damn the pics of the Z1 Sacked out is insane!!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-13-2013, 5:45 PM Reply   
But a demo of both boats is worth it's weight in gold!
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2013, 2:40 AM Reply   
That Z1 is stock with the Convex VX and used only those added sacs under seats for weight, same as in the Z3, actually a bit too big IMHO.

I believe they also went to a 1235 prop, which is always a good move for wakesurfing with added weight. This Z1 will be at the polar bear event.
Old    Bill Smeltzer (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-14-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post

Then you can look at these pictures. This was a new Z1 owner that asked us to help him sack the Z1 with large custom sacs and dial it in. I was NOT in the boat for any of these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wake9/s...7635062341628/
im a die hard fan of my MB 23TWB wave...but this z1 is sweet!
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-14-2013, 6:39 PM Reply   
Ok. I'm not going to demo an Enzo. Not unless I run into someone on the lake.

In my opinion they should not let car dealers be boat dealers. I tried to talk to the two dealers in my area that sell centurion and I felt like taking a shower afterword. They are both large auto dealerships. All they could do is bad mouth everything else. Ill buy something else just so I don't have to play that game and deal with them.

Is the convex vx worth the money? The dealer that I have a demo with does not have one and doesn't speak highly of it. He'll sell it to me at his cost but its still a big chunk.
Old    rzap (zap)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-15-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
Clay,

Talk to the gents at Inland Surfer, they sell centurions and are in Washington
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-15-2013, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zap View Post
Clay,

Talk to the gents at Inland Surfer, they sell centurions and are in Washington
Thank you. I will,call them in the morning.
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-18-2013, 8:34 PM Reply   
Well.. Thanks to all and we have made a decision. Tige it is... Just have to have VX installed.
Attached Images
 
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2013, 9:19 PM Reply   
The VX is worth the money, we have ridden all with and without, the wake is better with, especially cleaner and more adjustable.
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-18-2013, 9:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
The VX is worth the money, we have ridden all with and without, the wake is better with, especially cleaner and more adjustable.
That's what I've heard. I decided I wouldn't buy without it. They made me a great deal. Just gotta wait for it to show up now.

Your videos helped me make my decision. Thank you very much.
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2013, 9:32 PM Reply   
You are welcome, and you will find that when you weight the same, you will get the same exact results. No tricks. ;-)
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-18-2013, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
You are welcome, and you will find that when you weight the same, you will get the same exact results. No tricks. ;-)
We need to talk about where and how much extra weight to add.
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-18-2013, 10:58 PM Reply   
The vx testing video is just about 300 lbs extra on the surf side and good amount of people, because one was me. The Z1 photos is the same bags in the Z3, without me, and just a couple people. It actually was too much weight, and so we have measured and are making smaller bags, about 18 inches shorter or so. Which is more than enough. They are plug and play sacs, just install and fill. The only thing is that you may (I would recommend) high altitude prop and crossing the vent and empty ballast lines. That's it.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-19-2013, 3:37 AM Reply   
Congratulations on your new boat.Have fun and enjoy it!
Old    Brock D (Doomswell)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-19-2013, 5:50 AM Reply   
That's a sexy boat!
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-19-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
The vx testing video is just about 300 lbs extra on the surf side and good amount of people, because one was me. The Z1 photos is the same bags in the Z3, without me, and just a couple people. It actually was too much weight, and so we have measured and are making smaller bags, about 18 inches shorter or so. Which is more than enough. They are plug and play sacs, just install and fill. The only thing is that you may (I would recommend) high altitude prop and crossing the vent and empty ballast lines. That's it.
What exact prop and what do you mean by crossing the vent and empty ballast lines?
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-19-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
The vx testing video is just about 300 lbs extra on the surf side and good amount of people, because one was me. The Z1 photos is the same bags in the Z3, without me, and just a couple people. It actually was too much weight, and so we have measured and are making smaller bags, about 18 inches shorter or so. Which is more than enough. They are plug and play sacs, just install and fill. The only thing is that you may (I would recommend) high altitude prop and crossing the vent and empty ballast lines. That's it.
We don't usually have many people in the boat. Two adults and two kids... What ballast setup would you suggest and where would it go (ie. storage locker, under seats, front etc...)
Old    Robert Garcia (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-19-2013, 9:51 AM Reply   
When you add extra weight, you get passive leaking. The bags will leak out the vent and/or empty holes. You just instead cross teh empty and drain hoses to the opposite side around the back of the boat. Its weird when you first drain, it comes out the other side, but the bags won't leak through there, it works great.

We use the 1235 prop, which motor did you get? 1235 is perfect for the 343, if you have the 409 it may be better with a different one, but the 1235 works, it will just rob some of your top end with the 409.

The Z1 in those pictures was using sacks we made, contact me at wake9 and I will be glad to help.
Old    Clay Kennedy (cek)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-19-2013, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
When you add extra weight, you get passive leaking. The bags will leak out the vent and/or empty holes. You just instead cross teh empty and drain hoses to the opposite side around the back of the boat. Its weird when you first drain, it comes out the other side, but the bags won't leak through there, it works great.

We use the 1235 prop, which motor did you get? 1235 is perfect for the 343, if you have the 409 it may be better with a different one, but the 1235 works, it will just rob some of your top end with the 409.

The Z1 in those pictures was using sacks we made, contact me at wake9 and I will be glad to help.
Thank you. I will be in touch.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:43 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us