Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Jblock)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-02-2013, 7:40 AM Reply   
Im about to trade in my boat for something that fits these following guidelines and need suggestions:

GREAT wakesurf
Good wakeboard wake at slower speeds (under 20)
Can handle salt water (internal cooling system that doesn't pull in the saltwater, and stainless steel parts would be great)
Can handle choppy water
Under 80k

I've heard the tige, and mastercraft have salt water options.. However gets quite expensive..

My reason for needing it to be salt water is that I go out in a creek with braccish water ever now and then, and would also like a boat that I could take in the bay from kemah to Galveston and dock there for the day. So it will also need a DEEP v hull to be able to go through some crappy water.. Help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Jblock; 09-02-2013 at 7:42 AM. Reason: price
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-02-2013, 5:12 PM Reply   
Look around for some older Nautique 230 Coastal Editions. I have been on one in some nasty weather and they handle amazingly.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       09-02-2013, 7:36 PM Reply   
There was a thread on FB GCWA on guys boats used in the LSJ and Bayou.. Ask Fred.. He runs an Epic in Brackish..
Old     (Doomswell)      Join Date: Aug 2012       09-03-2013, 5:39 AM Reply   
Let me know what you decide on and I'll help you test it out! Lol I'm over by Bay brook mall.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-03-2013, 6:21 AM Reply   
My boat! Hit me up on PM. I ride the LSJ.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-03-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
I have run all my boats in brackish and saltwater, Since 1989. You can have a closed loop system on any ski boat. The key to keeping a boat looking fresh is how you keep it cleaned and rinsed. Where do you ride? We are normally on the Lower San Jac, San Bernard River, Chocolate Bayou, Egret BAy to the Creek. If you need help let me know. Ive owend plenty of these boats and never had any issues with running in these waters.