Okay, I know that this won't apply to a lot of you because your stock systems are more than someone would be able to build from scratch for a grand. But we had a "budget boat" thread that was pretty cool, and I bet that a lot of us have done "budget" stereo builds...
So, let's see what people have done for $1000 or less. My boat had a basic deck and 4 speakers to start with.
And here is what I have now (replacing my stock stuff completely)
- Wetsounds WS420sq EQ (used as a head unit)
- 4 MB Quart Boat Speakers
- Used Punch 360.2 off Ebay (180 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms going to 4 boat speakers)
- Used Punch 500s off Ebay (500 watts RMS mono to sub)
- New Phoenix Gold 10" Subwoofer off Ebay
- New Subwoofer Enclosure covered in Bedliner
- New Phoenix Gold Ryval v1502 (150 watts x 2 RMS to tower speakers)
- New Bazooka Compression Horn Tubbies
- New Bazooka tower speaker clamps
- Misc Wiring
- Less: Sale of Kenwood Deck that was in my boat
- Less: Sale of Kenwood Speakers that were in my boat
Net investment = ~$1000 or slightly less.
Don't have a pic of the amp/sub install right now. But the sub is just behind the bow walkthrough and I have a cushion for the top of it that makes it into a jumpseat.
So, what else have people done for Budget stereo builds? I know many of you have more in a single pair of tower speakers than I have in my whole system. But I feel really good about my setup for the money I have into it.