Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-07-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
Fortunately, I have several other friends who have surfgate equipped boats that we have been using this season as well, and which will be available to me even while I am boatless. I can't complain.
Old    Brendan (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-07-2013, 10:39 AM Reply   
Sounds a lot like our weather in Cincinnati. Been a terrible summer. How is the wave? Good and clean on both sides?
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-07-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
Brendan,

The surf wave is very nice on both sides. It is slightly better on the goofy side, which, for me, I actually like because it helps keep me in the pocket when I transition to that side and ride with my back to the wave. It's really really fun to learn new stuff based on switching sides on the fly.
Old    Brendan (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-08-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
cool. I"m a goofy rider so good to hear its better on that side! Thanks for the info!!
Old    Eric (wakeboardin2k4)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-09-2013, 8:35 AM Reply   
Chattwake- For reference for your next Malibu with the WS420 and Malibus HU set up:

https://wetsounds.com/cgi-bin/shoppe...key=WWRCA6CH5M <---Use that for all 3 amps across to the WS420

https://wetsounds.com/cgi-bin/shoppe...on&key=WWRCA5M <---And that to run from the Output of the HU to the AUX section of the WS420.

Also ill say that putting on those REV10s and bracket are a dream by comparison to installing two pairs of regular Malibu tower speakers.

Boat looks sweet! I love the REV10s.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2013, 9:08 AM Reply   
Eric, Thanks man! I apreciate the compliment and the links.
Old    Hate2party (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-09-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
You owned it for 3 monthsMust be nice to get the smoking deals you get to be able to flip boats almost every year. Promo deal or not. It must be nice. Dont downgrade to an A24 please Thanks for the post and all the work to make this a very nice boat for someone else. You always pick good colors and upgrade them nicely. Why not switch back to Nautique since the G23 is available now?
Old    Delta Force (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-09-2013, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
You owned it for 3 monthsMust be nice to get the smoking deals you get to be able to flip boats almost every year. Promo deal or not. It must be nice. Dont downgrade to an A24 please Thanks for the post and all the work to make this a very nice boat for someone else. You always pick good colors and upgrade them nicely. Why not switch back to Nautique since the G23 is available now?
Nautique WITH NSS
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2013, 10:44 AM Reply   
Hahaha. Nah I love my Malibu/axis boats! Plus my local dealer is awesome.

I don't know that I'll get one but that a24 is sick.
Old     (MrPeepers)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-09-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
...so I listed my boat on onlyinboards today (http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=39250). If it sells quick, I'll likely just order another LSV or an A24. I'm undecided.
Chattwake, what is your reason for such brief ownership of your boats? Is it purely monetary? Are you buying them at such an incredible price that you are able to profit/breakeven on each sale? Are you getting your stereo costs back too?

Your LSV only has 15 hours. You have easily spent more time online talking about your boat than actually riding in it.
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-09-2013, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeepers View Post
Your LSV only has 15 hours. You have easily spent more time online talking about your boat than actually riding in it.
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-09-2013, 11:14 AM Reply   
15 hours? Do you spend a lot of time riding behind other people's boats or something?
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2013, 11:45 AM Reply   
Timmy - yes. I have numerous friends who live on the lake around me. Sometimes it is just way easier to ride behind their VLX/LSV/X1 (which sit on lifts) than to get mine out. Also, we have had so much freaking rain every weekend that I just have not had enough time to put hours on my boat. In addition, I am in the process of selling my house, which had impacted my free time. Lastly, I don't expect to sell this boat immediately or anything. I'm hoping to just get it out there and see if someone buys it before the water drops in October.

As to your other question, because I buy so many boats, my local dealer really does give me a great deal. I just factor in losing several thousand dollars a year in flipping boats. It is really no different than getting nailed on depreciation from year to year. I just take the hit on an annual basis.

I really love boats, installing stereos, designing a color scheme, learning how to use new features, etc. I don't know, it's just enjoyable to put together a nice package every year. Trust me, if the weather stays nice, and the boat sticks around for the next two months, I'll have many many more hours on her before she sells.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-09-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
And that's a lot of surfgate talk for only running ballast in it for five hours (all surfing?)?

I mean I'm sure you followed indmar's no-ballast-for-first-10-hours recommendation right?
Old    Rob Fullerton (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-09-2013, 1:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
And that's a lot of surfgate talk for only running ballast in it for five hours (all surfing?)?

I mean I'm sure you followed indmar's no-ballast-for-first-10-hours recommendation right?
Lol, nothing against Chatt, but I was thinking the same thing.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
I've been riding behind surfgate equipped lsv's for well over a year now. Again, I have not been able to use my boat as much as I want this season. It sucks, but it is what it is. If you recall that yellow and silver metal flake lsv that was in a bunch of the malibu surfgate ads, that boat sits on my friend's lift and I've been behind it a bunch, so I know what I'm talking about in regard to the surf wave. :P
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2013, 1:45 PM Reply   
This picture was taken memorial day before last on watts bar lake. That's my old 12 A22. Next to it is the first boat that ever had surfgate installed on it - a '12 lsv demo. We spent pretty much that entire long weekend surfing. That boat is what sold me on switching from my A22 to a surfgate boat. I saw, first hand, how nice that feature was and I couldn't wait to own a boat with it. My next boat will likely be either an A24 or another LSV - either way, it will have surfgate.
Attached Images
 
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-09-2013, 1:47 PM Reply   
oh I was more referring to how much more your wife likes to drive your slammed-for-surfing boat.... unless she spends a lot of time behind the wheel of your friend's boat too?

You guys with lifts are lucky. Git off, ride, git on, done. For us trailer sailors, 5 hours is really just one day in the water.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
Yes, she helps drive our boat, as well as the others we ride behind. She's routinely the sober driver.
Old    Timmy! (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-09-2013, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You guys with lifts are lucky. Git off, ride, git on, done. For us trailer sailors, 5 hours is really just one day in the water.
Definitely! It takes 20 minutes just to get to the spot to ride for us, 30 if we are taking our time.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-09-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
^^^ This is one of the reasons my boat has under 20 hours on it. Don't forget the fact that, when it starts raining, you can just quickly head to your dock and get under cover. With a trailer situation, you are stuck at the damn ramp while the wallys jackknifes their trailer about a million times and unloads their gear while taking up the ramp - all while you're getting dumped on. This situation especially sucks with a 2 and 5 year old on the boat.

I'm working on buying a lakehouse of acquiring my own slip. It will make things much easier.
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-09-2013, 6:05 PM Reply   
In the past you were always ALL about the wakeboard wake, and not too into the surfing. Have you had many sets behind the LSV with a Ton of weight wakeboarding?
Old    Brett Mock (bmock50)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-09-2013, 6:25 PM Reply   
Someday I will buy one of your boats. Someday.... haha
Old    Travis (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-13-2013, 8:18 AM Reply   
Chatt, $80k for your boat is a steal of a price....hmmm, had me thinking about it! my wife would kill me..... if I was in market for LSV your boat would be it, especially with all your upgrades and stereo. Plus the fact Malibu is raising prices 8% on 2014 models.

Your boat wont be for sale long....it really is a sweet setup.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-13-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
Hahahahaha
Old    Preston (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-13-2013, 7:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Timmy - yes. I have numerous friends who live on the lake around me. Sometimes it is just way easier to ride behind their VLX/LSV/X1 (which sit on lifts) than to get mine out. Also, we have had so much freaking rain every weekend that I just have not had enough time to put hours on my boat. In addition, I am in the process of selling my house, which had impacted my free time. Lastly, I don't expect to sell this boat immediately or anything. I'm hoping to just get it out there and see if someone buys it before the water drops in October.

As to your other question, because I buy so many boats, my local dealer really does give me a great deal. I just factor in losing several thousand dollars a year in flipping boats. It is really no different than getting nailed on depreciation from year to year. I just take the hit on an annual basis.

I really love boats, installing stereos, designing a color scheme, learning how to use new features, etc. I don't know, it's just enjoyable to put together a nice package every year. Trust me, if the weather stays nice, and the boat sticks around for the next two months, I'll have many many more hours on her before she sells.
I have bought a new boat last 4 years in a row as well and have made money each time I sold them. Maybe you aren't getting that good of a deal. LoL. Just kidding....

Seriously though, I had a good relationship with my malibu dealer and usually paid around cost on them at the end of the season. I don't have that type of relationship with my mastercraft dealer yet, but I do feel I got a good deal. I will probably have to keep,this one a few years, but that X25 is on my radar for when the time comes.
Old    Ian Ashton (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-14-2013, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
5) You'll get invited to country clubs, backgammon parties, and maybe even the grotto (you know what I'm talking about)...in fact, I got offered a membership at Augusta National while launching my Star in Georgia once...
Did someone say grotto? My invite must have been mis-addressed, since I have a Moomba...



Old    Detox (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-14-2013, 11:48 AM Reply   
then he says ok guy last pic, now get back in your white hyunai behind us and beat feet. (jk btw)
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-14-2013, 10:23 PM Reply   
Sweet ride Chatt!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:19 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us