Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    D C (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2013, 6:36 PM Reply   
With renewed faith in our boat, I want to see some pics of other's rides! Here are the rules -
1: Less than 25K invested - including upgrades
2: Post pics, make, model, how long you've had her, and how long you plan on keeping her.

Game on.
Old    D C (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2013, 6:43 PM Reply   
I'll start.
1999 Tige 21V Riders Edition. Purchased in 2000, will only consider getting rid of her when I either hit the lotto, or I can find a bigger boat I can pay cash for.
Attached Images
  
Old    Delta Force (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-09-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
You paid less than 25k for that in the year 2000??? Nice boat
Old    Ben R (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-09-2013, 8:05 PM Reply   
1998 sea ray with a 3.0 merc. Can ride all afternoon for 20 bucks.









Here is the wake. Vid is 2 years old.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8eS_2TZCk

Last edited by brichter14; 06-09-2013 at 8:07 PM. Reason: Forgot link
Old    Jason Delmage (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-09-2013, 8:10 PM Reply   
1996 Nautique Super Sport

Paid $19.5K in fall 2011

Added
4 bag, 4 jabsco pump full auto ballast system
Wetsounds Stereo (2 SYN4, XS-650 Inboats (4), XS-10 (1) Sub, REV 10 Towers)
Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake Ed
LEDs on (XS-650 tweeter, Sub, Rev10s & underwater LED)
PTM Mirror
Exterior OEM Decals
Acme 1464 Prop

All work done by myself and searched for deals & group buys f

I am just shy of $25,000 with boat and upgrades

I have no plans to upgrade as this boat has 300 hours and is just broken in!





Last edited by delmage171; 06-09-2013 at 8:11 PM. Reason: .
Old    D C (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2013, 8:14 PM Reply   
Awesome ride Jason! How do you like the PTM Mirror? Been thinking about that upgrade.

sorry for the typo - Ours was purchased in 2009.
Old    Charlie Zulu (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-09-2013, 8:16 PM Reply   
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-09-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
2004 tige 21i. I bought it a year ago for 18.5k. Interior trashed, speakers rotted, oxidation everywhere. I pealed all the graphics, redid the interior, 4 rev 10s on tower, 2 JL 13w7s, 6 xs 650s, 3 syn 4s, and 2 JL 1000/1s. LED amp rack, speaker rings, and cup holder. Installed PP, new CMD6 HU, and 2 remotes. There's a whole list of other stuff, but you get the idea. I'm into it for a little over 25k, so please forgive me. hopefully everyone likes pics
Before pic




Afters




Old    Mason Obray (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-09-2013, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
2004 tige 21i.
Great job. Interior looks like it just came out of the factory. Blue LEDs...
Old    Chris Dirty (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-10-2013, 6:54 AM Reply   
2003 sanger v210, bought last year for 21k added perfect pass stargazer,2xrev10s,jlw6v3,4x fosgate punch 6.5 , amps to light it up and a battery bank at around $25500 and am done. I think lol. Might upgrade when my girl turns out to a journeyman(union electrician) but right now she's my pride and joy!
Attached Images
 
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-10-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
1995 Supersport
Paid 16k for the boat bone stock
Added:
Tower - Original FCT - $500
Ballast - 2500 lbs in Pro-X sacs (purchased from dealer I was working at so we got a discount) + plumbing = ~$1000
Audio - Kicker KTM speakers - 2-12" apline subs - 2 amps - 2 batteries ~$1000
Prop ~$400
Interior redone after a few years - $500
Total ~20k

Owned it for 5 years and I ended up selling it to my brother for 16k last year before I moved to Minneapolis.



*Scored the boatlift and canopy for only $750 too!

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 06-10-2013 at 7:11 AM.
Old    Ryan (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-10-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
Here's my entry:

New (to us) 1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX. It already had the tower when we picked it up for 19k.

Extra costs:
perfect pass wake edition $1100 + $250 for install
2 board racks from monster $175 each
two new tires $99 each
750# fly high sac I think it was $189 or something like that (it came with the pump)
new safety chains (I know it's not a high dollar item, but still... we spent money) $50
and the biggest (and cheapest) wakesurfer we could find - Ronix Huntington. It's huge, and a soft top, but it's actually pretty fun and is perfect for the noobs. $150









(check out the mullet! Not sure why my hair did that, maybe it was because I watched Joe Dirt recently)
Old    Raymond Foster (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-10-2013, 7:14 AM Reply   
1995 SS Purchased 9 days ago 17k
Included
FCT Tower
Ballast
PP
Ok stereo when it works

Future upgrades
Ballast
Stereo
Prop
Attached Images
  
Old    Connor (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-10-2013, 7:24 AM Reply   
1999 Super Air Nautique

-New interior
-Ballast overhaul
-LEDs (Seablaze underwater, tower speakers, and strip inside)
-New prop
-Wetsounds, subs, new in boat speakers
-Windshield tint
Attached Images
   
Old    Jason Delmage (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-10-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by burban89 View Post
1995 SS Purchased 9 days ago 17k
Included
FCT Tower
Ballast
PP
Ok stereo when it works

Future upgrades
Ballast
Stereo
Prop
Beauty 210!
Old    Raymond Foster (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-10-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
Still have this one - she is for sale

1984 Ski Nautique - paid around 5 for her
Floor and stringers 2k
Imron paint 2k
Motor parts and replacements - 1k
Tranny - 800ish
Acme prop
Throw pump over and fill ballast 3x440lb
Attached Images
  
Old    Jason Delmage (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-10-2013, 7:27 AM Reply   
Seems to be a trend here...
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-10-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
I'm on the edge of the budget

2002 mastercraft 209/x9

When bought:


New kicker 6500.2's, in boat speakers, remotes, and amps
new interior
new pumps
new bags
led's
new graphics
new swim platform & pad
added stargazer
list goes on and freaking on

now:



Last edited by williamburell; 06-10-2013 at 7:41 AM.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-10-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
2001 Malibu Sunsetter VLX. Paid $20,000 in June 2011, 330 hours. 375HP LS1, Skylon Swoop tower, had manual wedge at the time, heater, docking lights and a few other options. I'm sure I'm over 5k in upgrades now; here is the mod list:

Lighting:
- LED docking bulbs
- LED front navigation bulb
- Added LED navigation light to tower
- RGB LED in-boat lighting (64' worth) with Wifi enabled RGB controller
- AquaLED's (2) blue underwater transom lights

Stereo:
- 4 Polk MM651 inboat speakers
- 1 Exile SX12D Sub
- 4 Exile SX65 tower speakers
- 1 Polk D5000.5 amp
- 1 Polk D4000.4 amp
- Alpine iDA-X100M head unit, relocated under dash
- Alpine MC10 transom remote with additional MC1 remote for in the boat
- Alpine Imprint box
- Alpine KCA-SC100 Sirius Tuner
- Sirius SCVDOC1 tuner dock, customer fit where head unit was once located under arm rest
- Alpine KTX-H100 Sound Manager (not installed yet)
- Alpine RUE-M1RF floating remote kit
- Ported sub enclosure, rhino lined
- Built custom amp/power distribution rack out of King Starboard

Wiring/Electrical:
- Removed single battery from port locker, replaced with two Group 34M AGM batteries under observer seat
- Upgraded power/ground wiring and relocated to observer area, all 2/0 wiring
- Rewired all stereo wiring to home run to amp rack
- Blue Sea bus bar for all ground connections
- Blue Sea Add-A-Battery kit (switch and ACR)
- Stinger fused power distribution block
- All in-boat speaker wires replaced with 12AWG wiring
- Tower speakers ran with 14AWG, each on their own channel (4 pairs of wires).
- Neutrik connectors for feeding towers, round bladder connection for tower light feed
- Cabellas branded ProMarine ProSport 20 on-board charger

Wake/Ballast:
- Stainless floating wedge
- 750lb Fly High bags in each locker
- 500lb Fly High bag under port seat
- 500lb Fly High bag in ski locker
- 300lb Fly High bag under bow seats (all ballast on boat is hidden)
- 3 Johnson reversible pumps, each on OEM switches, on their own dedicated thru-hulls
- Y-valve to use rear starboard pump to feed port under seat bag for surfing
- 1" line feed throughout ran, 3/4" vent, stainless steel thru-hulls, all bags on quick disconnects

Boat Performance/Monitioring
- Perfect Pass Stargazer
- Acme 1939 Prop
- Nautic Laugic NL2 speedo GPS (pitot system removed)
- STE exhaust tips
- Jegs custom-cut wires w/ TR5 plugs

Looks:
- Malibu transom pad
- Tribal Malibu graphics

Other:
- Relocated under dash heater vent further forward for better heat
- Boat came with dual wakeboard rack, added additional single surf/dual wakeboard rack
- GoPro tower mount and transom mount
- BoatBuddy Transom tie-downs
- Bimini

I'm sure there is something else I'm forgetting - I'll edit the post and add to it if I remember. Obviously doesn't include extra goodies for the boat, like a Slide Anchor, Exile bumpers I just ordered, etc. Here are a few pics













Old    Aaron (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-10-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
Paid around 21K, not sure what I have into upgrades over the 5 years... 52mph, handles the chop better than any Vdrive I have been in, and for an IO the wake is just fine for our skill level...
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-10-2013, 7:56 AM Reply   
Great thread!
Old    Scott (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-10-2013, 8:17 AM Reply   
There are some beautiful boats in this thread! I am so close to the $25k limit and wanted to share. We bought an '06 Supra 21V four years ago for $26k. It had everything I needed and we still haven't done much to her except re prop.
Attached Images
 
Old    Mike (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-10-2013, 9:52 AM Reply   
Picked up my 06 supra 20v for $16,500 over the winter. Still doing some things to it to get it to my liking, but overall I'm in under 20k with stereo, trailer work, taxes, insurance, etc. Stole this boat though...






Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
Old    Chris (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-10-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
I am probably just over the 25k limit now that I have added Perfect Pass and a ballast system but here is mine. So far I really like this boat.

2003 Tige 22V, 380 hp 6L, bought it last year.
Attached Images
 
Old    Tom Yokoi (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-10-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
1997 Ski Brendella, 200 hours, everything about this boat is original and pristine. Came with a fly high pole, bimini, vests, boards. All for $8,200 cash! Love the boat, even throws a decent wake with 2 or 3 people on the rear bench.
Name:  579518_10152835777365258_273766874_n.jpg
Views: 6016
Size:  131.3 KB
Old    Mallenger (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-10-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
good job D C on starting this thread. Interesting stuff here.
Old    Jason Delmage (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-10-2013, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirwoody View Post
Awesome ride Jason! How do you like the PTM Mirror? Been thinking about that upgrade.

sorry for the typo - Ours was purchased in 2009.
The PTM mirror is so sick. I would recommend it to anyone.
Old    Chuck (zeketheplumber)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-10-2013, 1:34 PM Reply   
2002 Super Sport ~420 hrs.
Purchased two months ago for 20K.
Added the tower & bimini, should be around 25K after PP and ballast.
Old    Chris Dirty (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-10-2013, 1:38 PM Reply   
Need to start a wake thread with a rider in the pic so we can see who wins!!i know the 210 is legendary but my v210 is a monster.
Old    Derek Huber (yjwrangler95)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-10-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
1990 Supra Sunsport
Rev 10's
New Dimensions Tower
Perfect Pass Star Gazer
Acme 1792 Prop

It is in great shape and has had an easy life.
Attached Images
 
Old    Boarder85 (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       06-10-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   


I picked up my 02 centurion elite v (Hurricane) for 12,000 from the original owner. (its red, instagram made it look pink!)
Mods it came with:
Kicker 650x1 amp powering 2 solobaric L7s
JL 300/4 amp powering 6 custom HLCD tower speakers
Kicker 600 watt amp powering 4 6" in boat and 4 tweeters
Alpine deck w/ipod connection
(2) die hard batteries with perko switch
Docking lights
Snap out carpet

I added:
Custom seadeck grip at sides, transom, bow
rewired entire stereo
ACME 911 prop
1k total fat sacs
full service/detail
New starter, fuel pump

I am in it 13,000 total
Old    Mark V (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-10-2013, 2:20 PM Reply   
My 02 Moomba LSV - 888hrs - Perfect Pass - 3 Johnson's - Kicker 6500.2 Six Pack - 10" L7 - Lots of other stuff I added. I picked it up in 2010 with 600hrs for $15,500 I think that I have about $20k in it now.


Old    Jeremiah Long (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-10-2013, 2:33 PM Reply   
I saw "budget ride" and was like sweet, I can fit in here. Nevermind haha

'85 Supreme the day I brought it home, then the used tower I added, and finally loaded up this past Sunday.
Attached Images
   
Old    D C (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-11-2013, 5:40 AM Reply   
Great looking rides - I feel like these older ones have more character than the new ones - Keep them coming guys! Thanks for the info on the PTM, been dragging my feet on one, but it sounds like it could be the best thing since PP, so it's back on the list! and Jeremiah - good looking ride - I'm envious of the guy/gal ratio in the last pic!

And yes. We need to start the budget boat wake pics thread. I just need to get some......
Old    Jay Sloyer (jsly04xlv)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-11-2013, 6:33 AM Reply   
2004 moomba xlv: 24000 in oct 2011.
Current hours 315. Added couple 1100 sacs and replaced interior speakers exile. Recovered sundeck. Right at 25 now. Very hapy with her.



From the mobile
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-11-2013, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
2001 Malibu Sunsetter VLX. Paid $20,000 in June 2011, 330 hours. 375HP LS1, Skylon Swoop tower, had manual wedge at the time, heater, docking lights and a few other options. I'm sure I'm over 5k in upgrades now; here is the mod list:

Lighting:
- LED docking bulbs
- LED front navigation bulb
- Added LED navigation light to tower
- RGB LED in-boat lighting (64' worth) with Wifi enabled RGB controller
- AquaLED's (2) blue underwater transom lights

Stereo:
- 4 Polk MM651 inboat speakers
- 1 Exile SX12D Sub
- 4 Exile SX65 tower speakers
- 1 Polk D5000.5 amp
- 1 Polk D4000.4 amp
- Alpine iDA-X100M head unit, relocated under dash
- Alpine MC10 transom remote with additional MC1 remote for in the boat
- Alpine Imprint box
- Alpine KCA-SC100 Sirius Tuner
- Sirius SCVDOC1 tuner dock, customer fit where head unit was once located under arm rest
- Alpine KTX-H100 Sound Manager (not installed yet)
- Alpine RUE-M1RF floating remote kit
- Ported sub enclosure, rhino lined
- Built custom amp/power distribution rack out of King Starboard

Wiring/Electrical:
- Removed single battery from port locker, replaced with two Group 34M AGM batteries under observer seat
- Upgraded power/ground wiring and relocated to observer area, all 2/0 wiring
- Rewired all stereo wiring to home run to amp rack
- Blue Sea bus bar for all ground connections
- Blue Sea Add-A-Battery kit (switch and ACR)
- Stinger fused power distribution block
- All in-boat speaker wires replaced with 12AWG wiring
- Tower speakers ran with 14AWG, each on their own channel (4 pairs of wires).
- Neutrik connectors for feeding towers, round bladder connection for tower light feed
- Cabellas branded ProMarine ProSport 20 on-board charger

Wake/Ballast:
- Stainless floating wedge
- 750lb Fly High bags in each locker
- 500lb Fly High bag under port seat
- 500lb Fly High bag in ski locker
- 300lb Fly High bag under bow seats (all ballast on boat is hidden)
- 3 Johnson reversible pumps, each on OEM switches, on their own dedicated thru-hulls
- Y-valve to use rear starboard pump to feed port under seat bag for surfing
- 1" line feed throughout ran, 3/4" vent, stainless steel thru-hulls, all bags on quick disconnects

Boat Performance/Monitioring
- Perfect Pass Stargazer
- Acme 1939 Prop
- Nautic Laugic NL2 speedo GPS (pitot system removed)
- STE exhaust tips
- Jegs custom-cut wires w/ TR5 plugs

Looks:
- Malibu transom pad
- Tribal Malibu graphics

Other:
- Relocated under dash heater vent further forward for better heat
- Boat came with dual wakeboard rack, added additional single surf/dual wakeboard rack
- GoPro tower mount and transom mount
- BoatBuddy Transom tie-downs
- Bimini

I'm sure there is something else I'm forgetting - I'll edit the post and add to it if I remember. Obviously doesn't include extra goodies for the boat, like a Slide Anchor, Exile bumpers I just ordered, etc. Here are a few pics













Where did you get the iPhone holder to the right of the steering wheel?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-11-2013, 6:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Where did you get the iPhone holder to the right of the steering wheel?
Just an eBay special. It's a generic phone holder with a flex end and suction cup mount. Works well for putting the iPhone where I want it.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
my favorite thread in a long long time!

any more?
Old    Jeremiah Long (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-11-2013, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirwoody View Post
Great looking rides - I feel like these older ones have more character than the new ones - Keep them coming guys! Thanks for the info on the PTM, been dragging my feet on one, but it sounds like it could be the best thing since PP, so it's back on the list! and Jeremiah - good looking ride - I'm envious of the guy/gal ratio in the last pic!

And yes. We need to start the budget boat wake pics thread. I just need to get some......
Thanks! I'll get wake pics tomorrow night when we ride. I'm way less than 10K in that ride, but audio isn't great yet. Sand bags and people for ballast haha
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-11-2013, 8:54 AM Reply   
Cool thread. You should have made PAID FOR a requirement!!
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-11-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Cool thread. You should have made PAID FOR a requirement!!
Not all of us are 60 and have saved the money to have a paid off boat. Is your van paid off?
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-11-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
@Bryce. Not sure what you mean by the van comment. I don't own a van, paid for or financed.
Old    Nate Arnold (natedogg)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-11-2013, 11:29 AM Reply   
paid cash in march 2011, $9500 with 400 hours, $400 for trailer, $600 for 1234 acme prop, about $500 for stereo through CL and ebay. and another 3-400 for fat sacs but still waiting to plumb automatically and perfect pass this summer hopefully. $350 for redoing the sundeck and need to do some of the other seat bottoms, This boat has given my friends and I 2 awesome summers so far!!











Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-11-2013, 11:42 AM Reply   
2006 Centurion Elite V ... right at $20k

Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-11-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
1992 Supra Sunsport (first year of the all composite construction with the rounded windshield)

Paid $9,500 at the beginning of April and it included:
  • Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro
  • New Dimensions Tower w/ two board racks
  • PCM 351 Pro Boss with 530 hours
  • Low Pitch Prop
  • Heater
  • Bimini
  • Sunbrella Mooring Cover
  • Hard plumbed under seat ballast
  • Dual Batteries with Perko Switch
  • LED Trailer Lights
  • Faria Depth finder (not yet installed)
  • Kenwood USB/Ipod Marine stereo w/ kenwood 2 way speakers

This is a pic of how it looked when I bought it:


Since then I've
  • replaced rear seat cushions ($10 with a ridiculous Ebay deal)
  • Updated Stereo System (MB Quart coaxials, Punch 360.2 Amp, Punch 500s Amp, Phoenix Gold 10" sub, Rhino Lined speaker box, installation accessories = around $450)
  • Added Blue LED Lighting (Gunnel Lights, Strip lights around speaker grills, Subwoofer LED Light Ring, Cupholder LED's, misc strip lighting = $75)
  • Custom Graphics & lettering (since the boat was black and white, and I'm a bit of a geek, I went with a Stormtrooper theme = $125)
  • Misc trailer enhancements ($25)
  • two more Fly High ballast bags, plus misc hoses & fittings ($350)

Of course there's more money being spent (new boards, wetsuit for my son, tube, ropes, fenders, detailing supplies, updating my RV parking at my house to accomodate the boat, etc. But that's all to be expected or not really related to how much I have into the "boat".

So, more or less about another grand into the boat on fixes, enhancements (stereo/lighting/ballast/graphics). I think I'm doing damn good all things considered.













Honestly for something in the $10k range, I'm pretty damn happy. I mean, sure I'd love a V-drive, but not for the $5k, $10k, or $15k premium I'd need to pay over where I'm at. I feel like for a direct drive, I've got a damn good boat... And by putting a little savings and tax return as a down payment, I have a $135/month boat payment for 5 years. I can live with that.
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2013, 2:55 PM Reply   
^^^ boat looks GREAT
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-11-2013, 3:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
^^^ boat looks GREAT
Thanks!!! I'd been dreaming of owning a tournament boat for 20 years. I had to search a LONG time before I found something that was nice enough to keep me happy for a while (at least the 5 years until it's paid off) and affordable enough to be realistic for me. The previous owner was a definite enthusiast and was going to keep it, but stepped up to a Malibu V-Drive and I picked the Supra up after he'd been sitting on it all winter...
Old    Ryan (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-11-2013, 3:59 PM Reply   
Here's my deal of a lifetime:
2006 Sanger V215 bought brand new in 2009 for $25,500. Came with everything except the tower speakers. I'll never sell it because it could never be worth it to me to pay for new boat prices.

upgrades it came with:

330 hp black scorpion motor
triple ballast tanks
perfect pass
bimini
billet backage
metal flake in the flames
tubular trailer with torsion bars
20" rims
stainless fenders

I've added more over the years like Rev10's and syn4's and 750's in the rear, prop etc...
Attached Images
 
Old    D C (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-11-2013, 4:38 PM Reply   
Wow, some of you guys really stole some boats!
Not too many of those deals in the Midwest! We've got some pretty slim pickings!
Keep them coming!
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-11-2013, 5:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirwoody View Post
Wow, some of you guys really stole some boats!
Not too many of those deals in the Midwest! We've got some pretty slim pickings!
Keep them coming!
I'm seeing more and more in MO... Just saw a 2000 VLX for 16k and the deal of a lifetime in Feb. a 2006 supra 20V for 16500.
Old    Tim (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       06-11-2013, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw209 View Post
Here's my deal of a lifetime:
2006 Sanger V215 bought brand new in 2009 for $25,500. Came with everything except the tower speakers. I'll never sell it because it could never be worth it to me to pay for new boat prices.

upgrades it came with:

330 hp black scorpion motor
triple ballast tanks
perfect pass
bimini
billet backage
metal flake in the flames
tubular trailer with torsion bars
20" rims
stainless fenders

I've added more over the years like Rev10's and syn4's and 750's in the rear, prop etc...
That's a sexy ride....will still look good 15 years from now!
Old    Rob Fullerton (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       06-11-2013, 10:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
1992 Supra Sunsport (first year of the all composite construction with the rounded windshield)

Paid $9,500 at the beginning of April and it included:
  • Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro
  • New Dimensions Tower w/ two board racks
  • PCM 351 Pro Boss with 530 hours
  • Low Pitch Prop
  • Heater
  • Bimini
  • Sunbrella Mooring Cover
  • Hard plumbed under seat ballast
  • Dual Batteries with Perko Switch
  • LED Trailer Lights
  • Faria Depth finder (not yet installed)
  • Kenwood USB/Ipod Marine stereo w/ kenwood 2 way speakers

This is a pic of how it looked when I bought it:


Since then I've
  • replaced rear seat cushions ($10 with a ridiculous Ebay deal)
  • Updated Stereo System (MB Quart coaxials, Punch 360.2 Amp, Punch 500s Amp, Phoenix Gold 10" sub, Rhino Lined speaker box, installation accessories = around $450)
  • Added Blue LED Lighting (Gunnel Lights, Strip lights around speaker grills, Subwoofer LED Light Ring, Cupholder LED's, misc strip lighting = $75)
  • Custom Graphics & lettering (since the boat was black and white, and I'm a bit of a geek, I went with a Stormtrooper theme = $125)
  • Misc trailer enhancements ($25)
  • two more Fly High ballast bags, plus misc hoses & fittings ($350)

Of course there's more money being spent (new boards, wetsuit for my son, tube, ropes, fenders, detailing supplies, updating my RV parking at my house to accomodate the boat, etc. But that's all to be expected or not really related to how much I have into the "boat".

So, more or less about another grand into the boat on fixes, enhancements (stereo/lighting/ballast/graphics). I think I'm doing damn good all things considered.













Honestly for something in the $10k range, I'm pretty damn happy. I mean, sure I'd love a V-drive, but not for the $5k, $10k, or $15k premium I'd need to pay over where I'm at. I feel like for a direct drive, I've got a damn good boat... And by putting a little savings and tax return as a down payment, I have a $135/month boat payment for 5 years. I can live with that.
That's a nice looking older Supra, I like the personality you gave it.
Old    Jeremiah Long (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-12-2013, 4:43 AM Reply   
^^^^^ Definitely Like the Supra! Wanted one before I found my supreme.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-12-2013, 5:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce2320 View Post
Not all of us are 60 and have saved the money to have a paid off boat. Is your van paid off?
LOL, you need to be 60 to have enough cash to buy a 20-25k boat?
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-12-2013, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
LOL, you need to be 60 to have enough cash to buy a 20-25k boat?
I may have exaggerated by 30 years, but I bought my boat last year and I was 20. Put 10k down on it, and thought I was doing good. Most people on here think people shouldn't buy a boat unless they can pay cash.
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-12-2013, 5:45 AM Reply   
Just a friendly jab attempt at board man

Back to the pics
Old    RB (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-12-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
Bryce buying at 20 your are ahead of the curve and doing well for yourself. Plus you obviously have a knack for fixing them up. You have done some great stuff of your rig!!

You are right, about 50%(or better) think you should only pay cash for a boat. Funny thing is 80% of us probably have financed boats!! I should have been more clear with my statement. Instead of paid off I should have said cost effective payments. Because if you bought a 25K boat and financed it all for short term your payment is huge. Then coupled with the higher maintenance costs of an older boat your cost of ownership is just as much as a new rig. No longer cost effective, thats what i was getting at.

There have been some great boats shown. Makes me jealous. Some days I am wishing I had my paid off 97 Pro Am back. We haven't even had our new boat in the water this spring due to weather and schedule, but I've sure made 7 payments on it since I bought it in November!!
Old    Bryce Pool (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       06-12-2013, 6:35 AM Reply   
I'm with you board man and I totally agree! I misunderstood
Old    Chris Dirty (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-12-2013, 7:04 AM Reply   
Hugs and kisses?
Old    Justin Harrelson (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-12-2013, 7:48 AM Reply   
That Green 2001 is awesome. It is different, but even after 2 decades it is still one of my favorite wakes. Pull the rope to 70 and slow to about 20 and straight rip it.
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 9:00 AM Reply   
Thanks Rob and Jeremiah. I definitley wasn't expecting to get so much love on the boat when I posted it up.

Even looking at more expensive boats, I haven't found many direct drive's what would make me happier. And most importantly, I can definitely sleep at night with what I paid for it. This is definitely a good thing, because I had to drop it off at the boat shop yesterday. The tranny slipped a handful of times and I realized that the fluid was low, so I topped it off. There's fluid in the bilge and it slipped again the other day. I'm really hoping that it's just an issue of replacing seals and stuff and that I didn't smoke the plates and need a rebuild. UGH! It's always something, right?!?
Old    Jeremiah Long (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-12-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
Trayson don't say that! My supreme is barely 3mons old to me. And yeah I think your supra is sick
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by machloosy View Post
Trayson don't say that! My supreme is barely 3mons old to me. And yeah I think your supra is sick
Well, I am trying to stay positive. I took out the dipstick before I brought mine in and I didn't smell anything overtly "burnt" so I'm hoping that it won't be that bad. I'm heading to NYC for next week, so I figured I might as well get them working on it while I have a 12 day window where I wouldn't be using it anyway. luckily there's a lot of info on the web and others that have been able to help me out on little things here and there.

And thanks again. I'm sure you'll be happy with yours too. There simply aren't that many tournament boat options from your era that had open bows. That for me was an absoulte non-negotiable MUST. And with the tower on it, you're set to have a blast. Throw in some stereo upgrades and some bags and you'll be having as much fun as anyone on the water.
Old    Jeremiah Long (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-12-2013, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Well, I am trying to stay positive. definitely stay positive!

And thanks again. I'm sure you'll be happy with yours too. There simply aren't that many tournament boat options from your era that had open bows. That for me was an absoulte non-negotiable MUST. And with the tower on it, you're set to have a blast. Throw in some stereo upgrades and some bags and you'll be having as much fun as anyone on the water.
YOu have more freeboard than I do, but I like that my open bow isn't a play pen design. I actually can fit 4 people in a pinch. though I'll prolly stuff the nose every single time I stop haha with that much weight in the front. Even 4 girls is 500lbs
Old    Rob Fullerton (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       06-12-2013, 9:59 AM Reply   
I rebuilt a couple of those in the day, if you need any help let me know. Looks like your local.
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmods View Post
I rebuilt a couple of those in the day, if you need any help let me know. Looks like your local.
Yeah, I live in Vancouver, just up in Salmon Creek where I-5 and I-205 come together. I'm 5 minutes from Pacific Boatland in Vancouver, so that's where the boat is right now. I guess I'll see what they come up with and then figure out options. But I appreciate the offer and am happy to have people that are willing to help with advice and whatnot.
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by machloosy View Post
YOu have more freeboard than I do, but I like that my open bow isn't a play pen design. I actually can fit 4 people in a pinch. though I'll prolly stuff the nose every single time I stop haha with that much weight in the front. Even 4 girls is 500lbs
Ahh yes. I LOVE my freeboard. it's been nice. The other day I had probably 1200+ pounds of ballast to surf with and my wife was driving. She's a newbie driver for sure and she was totally fine even with less than optimal wake crossing methodology.

And I dig the playpen. The extra storage is nice (so far I just have USCG jackets in one and I keep 2 of my fat sacks in the other with room to spare. And the playpen tends to be a perfect "loveseat" for couples that join us on the boat. So far the biggest crew we've ever had out on the boat has been 6. Lately (probably because it's still early in the summer and the water temp is between 58 and 62) we have to work to get 3 or 4 of us out on the boat!

I used to do a lot of boating in an MB Sport Boss 200 closed bow. Talk about a boat that would take water over the bow. Ugh! Definitely had to be on my game as a driver in that. I'm glad I don't have to be as careful with mine. Plus, more freeboard = more ballast I can take! Woot!
Old    Garon Davis (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
I'll join in, this is really cool to see what people are doing with older boats.
1996 MB Sports Boss 210
Purchased in December of 2012
$10,000

Added tower, racks, stereo, ballast, and a wrap.
Total investment right now is about $13,000
We have added tower speakers since the bottom picture and hoping to get perfect pass on it at some point as well. No Immediate plans to sell it but everything I own is for sale aside from my wife.
Attached Images
  
Old    Nikolas Dramountanis (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
wrap looks fantastic! Where did you get it done?
Old    D Hill (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-12-2013, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
I'll join in, this is really cool to see what people are doing with older boats.
1996 MB Sports Boss 210
Purchased in December of 2012
$10,000

Added tower, racks, stereo, ballast, and a wrap.
Total investment right now is about $13,000
We have added tower speakers since the bottom picture and hoping to get perfect pass on it at some point as well. No Immediate plans to sell it but everything I own is for sale aside from my wife.
great update!!! did you really only spend $3k on tower, racks, stereo, ballast, and a wrap??
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-12-2013, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhill View Post
great update!!! did you really only spend $3k on tower, racks, stereo, ballast, and a wrap??
Agreed. I mean if he pulled that off, I'd like to know how--especially since it looks like he has swivel racks and those wouldn't be the cheapest.

I mean a wrap by itself can easily cost $3k or more.
Old    Bhyatt (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-12-2013, 1:50 PM Reply   
This isn't my current boat, but I thought it would go well in this thread. 10 years ago this was my cost effective ride and threw a heck of a wake loaded. I had right at $10k in it with tower, audio and new interior. The picture is horrible because I scanned it off a wind-up disposable camera photo. It actually had silver metal flake all in it because it was the 25th anniversary Nautique.



Old    Jeremiah Long (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-12-2013, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
I'll join in, this is really cool to see what people are doing with older boats.
1996 MB Sports Boss 210
Purchased in December of 2012
$10,000

Added tower, racks, stereo, ballast, and a wrap.
Total investment right now is about $13,000

$13K??? Dayum we might have a winner
Old    Brandon (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-12-2013, 9:31 PM Reply   
97 maristar 200, my wife's family bought it new, we bought it from mom last july for 16k. Came with trailer and tower, I've added a new head unit, amp, tower speakers, and non permanent ballast of 2k lbs which is all the prop can handle. As with Ryan it's just not economical to part ways with a killer deal. Has the vette engine too. We got it with 302 hrs.
Attached Images
 
Old    Brandon (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       06-12-2013, 9:34 PM Reply   
One more...and we're at 400 hrs now.....been a fun year
Attached Images
 
Old    Jesse (NotSure123)      Join Date: Nov 2012       06-12-2013, 11:34 PM Reply   
Here's my slut...05' Session bought in early 2011 w/90 hrs for $24k...i LOVE it...

Factory PP and ballast, 6.2 Merc, great tower, great wake, and best of all the rear facing "observers seats". They need to put them in every boat...
Attached Images
 
Old    Garon Davis (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       06-13-2013, 7:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
Agreed. I mean if he pulled that off, I'd like to know how--especially since it looks like he has swivel racks and those wouldn't be the cheapest.

I mean a wrap by itself can easily cost $3k or more.
Here is my break down:
Vapor Tower thru Big Air Pylons-$699 winter special
Racks from Monster Towers-$320 blim special
Stereo & speakers-$400 (i had an old car amp laying around that i used for the sub that i also had)
750# fat sak and pump was $300 on ebay
the wrap was the rest, keep in mind the owner of HyghOctane Graphics (this is who did the wrap) is one of my best friends and he took care of me on the wrap but this is a totally truthful and i'm under $13,000 even after buying a seal kit for my transmission and replacing all the belts and an oil change. Things can be done on a budget you just have to keep your eyes open and look for good deals. I have done all the work myself and if you take your time you can do most things on a boat. We installed the tower ourselves and also refinished the platform, the wheels were plasti dipped and hoping to get the windows tinted soon as well.
Old    Trayson Harmon (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013       06-13-2013, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpd005 View Post
Here is my break down:
Vapor Tower thru Big Air Pylons-$699 winter special
Racks from Monster Towers-$320 blim special
Stereo & speakers-$400 (i had an old car amp laying around that i used for the sub that i also had)
750# fat sak and pump was $300 on ebay
the wrap was the rest, keep in mind the owner of HyghOctane Graphics (this is who did the wrap) is one of my best friends and he took care of me on the wrap but this is a totally truthful and i'm under $13,000 even after buying a seal kit for my transmission and replacing all the belts and an oil change. Things can be done on a budget you just have to keep your eyes open and look for good deals. I have done all the work myself and if you take your time you can do most things on a boat. We installed the tower ourselves and also refinished the platform, the wheels were plasti dipped and hoping to get the windows tinted soon as well.
Well, $1k for the tower + racks is a smokin deal. And getting the wrap for probably 1/3 or less of what it would normally cost helps a ton. The stereo stuff and fat sacks seems about right. Nice work.
Old    Jeff Rowland (HygOctaneGraphics)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-13-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
I wrapped garons MB boss 210. He got a smoking "friend" deal but he also put in time helping me. From prep to install I made him get his hands dirty.

This is a great thread. Ill put mine up in the next day or two.


Jeff Rowland - Hygh Octane Graphics
Old    D Hill (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-13-2013, 9:14 AM Reply   
hope it didn't sound like i was being critical, was just amazed at how you managed to pay so little. great looking boat and a killer deal!!!!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us