Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (laker417)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-07-2013, 12:20 AM Reply   
I've got an opportunity to buy a 1981 Correct Craft Martinique for good price. Just wondering if anyone has ridden behind, or seen the wake on one of these. I know it would need to be weighted down to produce anything, just trying see if anyone had any input? Thanks
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-07-2013, 5:08 AM Reply   
I've never ridden behind one, but if I remember, that have more of a V that your usual wake boat. I bet with weight it would actually throw a sweet wake. Might be sensitive to side-to-side weighting though
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-07-2013, 5:10 AM Reply   
Someone needs to slam one of these and take pics. It's got good freeboard... I wonder... Not the sexiest boat out there but I bet it could be a great wake machine
Old     (jeepdude)      Join Date: Apr 2011       06-07-2013, 6:13 AM Reply   
I've read posts about these before.
these are one of the more sought after old DD's.
I remember when i first got into the sport it was these and Supra Sunsports being some of the best ski/family to wake conversions you could do.
However, unlike the supra, these are a lot harder to come by.

If it is a good deal and the stringers are solid, pick it up

Last edited by jeepdude; 06-07-2013 at 6:14 AM. Reason: misspelling
Old     (laker417)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-07-2013, 9:48 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. It has brand new stringers, floors and carpet, all put in by my local boat/wake shop. They just have the seat patterns, so ill have to get all the seats built/upholstered. May not even put in a back seat at first, just put a bag there.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-07-2013, 10:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
I've read posts about these before.
these are one of the more sought after old DD's.
I remember when i first got into the sport it was these and Supra Sunsports being some of the best ski/family to wake conversions you could do.
However, unlike the supra, these are a lot harder to come by.

If it is a good deal and the stringers are solid, pick it up
I've never heard of these being sought after... Never even seen a picture of one on this board... Do you have any pics or links for reference?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-07-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
^^^Maybe he is confusing it with the 2001??????
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-07-2013, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
^^^Maybe he is confusing it with the 2001??????
I thought that... but he said Supras were more available than the alleged martinique... I find that to be quite the contrary... could depend on geographic location...
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-07-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
I've never heard of them being sought after either.... But with that said, they DO have a lot of freeboard and V-hull(ish). Seems to me with some weight they'd actually make a killer budget boat. If the seats aren't in, all the better because you can build custom to maximize your interior space and hide weight/ballast. I actually tried to get my hands on one a while back because it was the only budget DD boat I had ever seen with a V...
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-07-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
site:wakeworld.com martinique
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-07-2013, 1:27 PM Reply   
My first post is a Google query. The second result out of 475 gave pictures of both the wake and the boat.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-07-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
Or sorry. This is what my search gave me as the second result.
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1174626605
Old     (laker417)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-07-2013, 1:39 PM Reply   
hey thanks for posting that link, thats the first pics of a martinique wake ive seen. the difference between the that one and the 81' that im looking at is the 81' has a closed bow. they mentioned on the link that weight in the front is key...maybe if i ran a couple bags on both sides of the motor and one in the back that might work...
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-07-2013, 1:42 PM Reply   
^^^ you're welcome. I'm actually in the middle of searching wakeworld ... for myself ... for other advice (boat lifts).
Be careful of those pics of the wakes. That is some suspect boat driving.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-07-2013, 3:02 PM Reply   
Looks respectable but beauty is in the eye of the beer holder... I want to see one with 2k lbs and know how it reacts... Different line lengths and speed too... one side looks steep the other flat... just the angle of the pic?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-07-2013, 3:13 PM Reply   
Also the 87 and the 81 are not the same boat, or even close. Like comparing a Sport to a 2001