Midwest MasterCraft (home of www.wakeboards.com
) is hiring a full time Marine Fiberglass and Gelcoat Technician for our Crystal, MN location. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Repair small to medium sized boats by planning fiberglass and paint/gelcoat repairs; repairing, replacing, and refinishing fiberglass and gelcoat decks, hulls, and transoms; maintaining tools and equipment.
· Plans repairs by evaluating damage; coordinating repairs with other required services; supplies, equipment, and tools.
· Repairs boat hulls, decks, and interiors by removing, measuring, fabricating, and re-attaching parts; using prescribed marine fiberglass techniques; filling cracks and gouges; shaping, filing, grinding, sanding, and fairing surfaces; working with various resins, glass fibers, and fillers; applying appropriate composite repair techniques and tools, including, hand, pneumatic, and power tools, grinder, sander, drills, etc.
· Refinishes small to large areas of boats by applying gelcoat; sanding and prep; mixing gelcoat and/or paints; and matching colors.
· Maintains quality repair service by following repair standards; taking pride in work; conducting final inspection; correcting deficiencies; notifying service manager when problems or unforeseen obstacles arise.
· General cosmetic maintenance on boats; cleaning, polishing, waxing, striping, etc.
· Will be required to do and assist with light mechanical repairs.
· Maintains company equipment by following operating instructions and performing preventative maintenance.
· Maintains safe work environment by adhering to work standards and practices.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in education opportunities; reading and following manufacturers’ specifications.
· Enhances company reputation by exploring opportunities to add value to the company.
· Attention to detail, working on brand new high-end boats
ATTENTION TO DETAIL; MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER; Verbal Communication; Fabrication; Basic Safety; Equipment Maintenance; Functional and Technical Skills; Marine Fiberglass, Gelcoat, and Paint Application experience required; Must have own tools; Electrical, Audio, and Mechanical skills are a huge benefit.
Crystal, MN 55429
High-End Marine Mfg Services
Years of Experience
High School or equivalent
Pay negotiable based on skill level and experience
100% company paid healthcare
Paid Holidays and Vacation
401(k) with company match