Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-19-2013, 8:30 AM Reply   
Whats up all? So I pulled the trigger on 02 wakesetter vlx. Has everything except tower speakers & an amp for them, easy install, already have wetsound pro 80's on the way. Anything specific on this boat I should know? Any must do mods? I am looking at replacement ballast but that can wait. Can't wait, picking her up Friday morning. Feel like we are nesting with how we made room in the garage for her.
Old    Talon Sorensen (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-19-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
Congrats first of all!
Not a must but, reinforce the engine dividers depending on how much weight your're running might be a smart choice
Old    August (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-19-2013, 8:42 AM Reply   
does that one have midship ballast built in?
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-19-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_09 View Post
does that one have midship ballast built in?
Yes it does as far as I know, it has integrated ballast, I dont know if it is midship, but there are 3 tanks, center & Two rears. I dont plan to run more then a 750 after I replace the stock tank. I've heard that & the wedge is plenty for a surf. We are noobs to surfing anyway.
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-19-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsorensen View Post
Congrats first of all!
Not a must but, reinforce the engine dividers depending on how much weight your're running might be a smart choice
I have read that, how do you reinforce on these? Mounts to motor or just thicker wood?
Old    Talon Sorensen (Talonsorensen)      Join Date: Apr 2012       02-19-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
There's a picture in this thread I don't have one of mine but pretty similar. Just a metal or aluminum piece and then you can keep factory dividers
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795356
Old    Tuneman (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-19-2013, 11:38 AM Reply   
I had an 02 VLX with a bunch of cool mods. One of my favorites was I added an IR repeater to the dash and mounted a wireless remote holder just in front of the throttle. Since the stereo is under the arm rest, it was a PITA to mute every time I picked up a rider, change tunes, etc. The repeater worked really well and allowed me to use the remote throughout the boat.

Definitely pull the rear tanks, add 750s and put some weight up front.
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-23-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
Well here she is

Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-23-2013, 11:58 PM Reply   
Is this gonna be used primarily for wakeboarding or WakeSurfing?
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-24-2013, 6:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
Is this gonna be used primarily for wakeboarding or WakeSurfing?
Both, it's out first Vdrive. I would suspect once everyone figures out how to surf well we will be doing a lot of it. But we board a lot too.
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-24-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
I'm just guessing as i really can't see the license but did you buy this in AZ? Is the platform fiberglass or wood? I'm really curious cuz my sister and brother inlaw had a Bu that exact same color scheme they sold a few years ago
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-24-2013, 5:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
I'm just guessing as i really can't see the license but did you buy this in AZ? Is the platform fiberglass or wood? I'm really curious cuz my sister and brother inlaw had a Bu that exact same color scheme they sold a few years ago
Yes I did get it in AZ. Please don't tell me you have bad news?
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-24-2013, 6:29 PM Reply   
No bad news, if it was my sisters old Bu, it had a pair of white WetSounds on the tower, maybe there is some markings on the Tower? Also a manual wedge, 3 ballast tanks, a 340 monsoon, a wood platform... I think that's it. Am i close?
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-24-2013, 7:23 PM Reply   
Don't see any markings I can think of on the tower, but yep on everything but I think the motor is the 325hp. I am putting some wetsound pro80's on soon.
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-24-2013, 7:44 PM Reply   
325, you're right. I was thinking of my engine. the 325 is what they had. Was/is there any holes on the tower for speakers?(or where speakers previously were)
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-25-2013, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
325, you're right. I was thinking of my engine. the 325 is what they had. Was/is there any holes on the tower for speakers?(or where speakers previously were)
I will have to look. Was gonna ask how do I route the wires & stuff up there for speakers, hopefully it is already done. What else can you tell me about the boat?
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-25-2013, 2:11 PM Reply   
I wanna be sure this is the boat, so I'm not giving false information. if it is tho, all info will be very good. How many hours, what kinda platform, and name of place that you bought it from. No... I'm not trying to scam you or anything.
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-25-2013, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
I wanna be sure this is the boat, so I'm not giving false information. if it is tho, all info will be very good. How many hours, what kinda platform, and name of place that you bought it from. No... I'm not trying to scam you or anything.
I got it form a private seller, but Marine Sales & Service in Phoenix seemed to be the place that took care of it for him. It has a teak swim platform in excellent like new condition. I asked him what he uses he says "transmission fluid, best stuff I ever tried". So I will be using tranny fluid on my swim deck as well. It had 460 hours on it. Has a 4 blade prop but I am not sure which one & he said it was on there when he got the boat. Tower does not look it had speakers, but the trailer had a fresh paint job last year & I suspect the tower did as well.

Speaking of tower speakers, I see no way to fish wires through the tower. How do people wire theirs? Are holes drilled & wires fished?
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-25-2013, 8:35 PM Reply   
I'm sorry... I called my sister and last time she heard about the Bu it was sold to a dealer and then sold and ship to new Zealand. So this isn't the Bu i thought i knew
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-25-2013, 8:49 PM Reply   
But... I can definitely give you pointers advice mods etc. as i have the same hull model as you.
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-26-2013, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
But... I can definitely give you pointers advice mods etc. as i have the same hull model as you.
Seems it was actually a popular color choice for the year the more I dig around. The seller shot me an email yesterday suggesting I take it to a shop up here & have them do a good once over since the boat went on a 15 hour drive, make sure everything is tight. Does that make sense to anyone? I have decent mech skills but no nothing about boats or where to look.
Old    Jack Henry (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-26-2013, 4:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuneman View Post
I had an 02 VLX with a bunch of cool mods. One of my favorites was I added an IR repeater to the dash and mounted a wireless remote holder just in front of the throttle. Since the stereo is under the arm rest, it was a PITA to mute every time I picked up a rider, change tunes, etc. The repeater worked really well and allowed me to use the remote throughout the boat.

Definitely pull the rear tanks, add 750s and put some weight up front.
I see what you are saying, what a pain in the ass. Can you point me in the right direction the IR repeater? There is a newer Kenwood deck on the boat, I think the universal remote Kenwood sells would work with it. Is that a good option?

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:24 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us