Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-07-2012, 10:50 PM Reply   
So what will everyone be asking Obama for this year? I want a new G23. Is that asking too much? Ah heck, the 1%errs will pick up the tab right?
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-07-2012, 10:56 PM Reply   
I'm sure there are plenty of other forums you could use to get your racist trolling out of your system.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-07-2012, 11:31 PM Reply   
I am the last person to be called that. You can verify that with my black friends (who first mentioned black Santa to me). You however, are a moron. Your BS liberal/atheist dogma is beyond belief. Just look at how much you post on this forum and in which categories. Virtually zero in anything outside of non wakeboarding. You need to get a life. You're just a troll who lies in wait for those who actually work for a living and don't agree with your political beliefs. Friggin POS troll!
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-07-2012, 11:36 PM Reply   
Lol! I'm working my butt off Marky Mark. Haven't posted in boats or boarding much since I blew my knee. http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=Black%20Santa
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2012, 12:08 AM Reply   
That link might be funny if I were a racist. Those definitions were not what I meant. You're still a bitter political troll. Blew your knee? I've blown mine twice. Big deal. Maybe you could be of some use if you contributed to something. Like to a thread such as the one awhile back talking about CTI braces. I might ask uncle Barrack for a new board now too.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-08-2012, 12:14 AM Reply   
Bitter? Marriage equality won in all 4 states it was on the ballot... Scott Brown was defeated as were the entire crop of tea party senate challengers, and two incumbent crazies lost their seats, one to the first openly gay senator ever. Marijuana was decriminalized in two states and there are more than 3x the female senators now than there were 20 years ago. Unless bitter is your code word for elated...
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2012, 12:34 AM Reply   
If blowing your knee is the only excuse for you turning into a political troll/hack, you seriously need help. You used to actually contribute somewhat to this forum. If you're elated for the reasons you described above, (besides the women's success) that explains why this country is so screwed up now. Marriage equality? That's a plus?.. Wow...
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-08-2012, 2:15 AM Reply   
Black Santa is just a term going around on Limbaugh. I think that was the big part of his show yesterday. It's just an excuse formulated by Rush (and I'm sure all of the Rush wannabes will follow the lead) on why Romney lost to Obama, when in all actuality, they should just admit Romney was a crappy candidate and plan for the next election.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-08-2012, 3:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Black Santa is just a term going around on Limbaugh. I think that was the big part of his show yesterday. It's just an excuse formulated by Rush (and I'm sure all of the Rush wannabes will follow the lead) on why Romney lost to Obama, when in all actuality, they should just admit Romney was a crappy candidate and plan for the next election.
Funny how election results change what you say.If you were twice the person you think you are you still wouldn't have any friends.LOL Sorry your alone and bitter.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-08-2012, 5:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Funny how election results change what you say.If you were twice the person you think you are you still wouldn't have any friends.LOL Sorry your alone and bitter.
Uh.....Why would I be bitter? The guy I voted for won the election. I'm sorry Robert if the truth hurts, but it is the truth.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-08-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Black Santa is just a term going around on Limbaugh. I think that was the big part of his show yesterday. It's just an excuse formulated by Rush (and I'm sure all of the Rush wannabes will follow the lead) on why Romney lost to Obama, when in all actuality, they should just admit Romney was a crappy candidate and plan for the next election.
This is exactly why the Republicans need to distance themselves from the GOP/teaparty. They are killing any chance the republicans have of getting reelected. Gay Marriage? So what. Why should it be anyones business what other people do, and why should they care(thou shall not judge and all) Same with Abortion. Leave it to the woman to decide. Once they can find a candidate that is more middle ground and doesn't hang his hat on this kind of crap, they can start running a real race. You are right that Romney is a crappy candidate, especially when you lose an election with unemployment and the economy in the crapper.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-08-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
Exactly. Like Lindsey Graham himself pointed out, Romney was not "too moderate" - he (and the entire party platform) were dragged ridiculously to the right by Marky Mark and the Tea Party Bunch. In at least two cases the tea partiers ousted popular Republican incumbents in primaries and that ultimately led to two more Democrats in the senate - whoops.
Old    Big D (bigdtx)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-08-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
Black Santa Clause? HAHAHA

Who wants a Chili Dog and a Dutch Oven?

Dirty Sanchez OUT!
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-08-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
I may just quit working so the government can take care of me...
Attached Images
 
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-08-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
Lol, the reality distortion field continues. Sigh.
Old    dennis engle (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-08-2012, 11:56 AM Reply   
Load up on cheap ammunition boys..Just in case some liberal comes to my front door telling me how to think..
Old    dennis engle (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-08-2012, 11:59 AM Reply   
Did you guys notice how the stock market fell two and a half percent the day after the election and with large volume?
Old    Steve - O (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-08-2012, 12:04 PM Reply   
Haha that chart is hilarious...
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       11-08-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
It's always funny/sad how the right wing nut jobs compare Obama with Hitler, The Republican party has swung so far to the right that Ronny Raygun would have lost this election.
If Obama's a Socialist, then I'm the Pope.

It has to be tiring for the right wing to constantly make up stuff.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-08-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
How are you doing Pope Scott, having fun molesting boys and getting away with it?
Old    Scott (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       11-08-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
How are you doing Pope Scott, having fun molesting boys and getting away with it?
Nice retort! Bravo.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-08-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
A strong and just society must ensure that the wealth generated by all is shared fairly as determined by the state.

Obama: Favors progressive taxes on the rich to redistribute income and wealth from winners to losers and to ensure that all pay their fair share. (As he has said: “When you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody.”)

: Collective responsibility makes society stronger when people work together, and all people are enabled to live a dignified life, free of poverty and protected from social risks in life.

Obama: Favors collective responsibility (as defined by the federal government) to protect all from social risks through food stamps, welfare programs, extended unemployment benefits, guaranteed health care, the bailing out of big companies, forcing renegotiation of mortgages, class action law suits, and other measures. (Instead of opportunity and incentive to succeed, no one is allowed to fail).

Last edited by steezyshots; 11-08-2012 at 1:07 PM. Reason: edit
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-08-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
so taxes right now are totally fair, but if the bush cuts expire for only the wealthy, we've gone socialist? At what exact progressive ratios do we irrevocably cross over from capitalism to socialism? We've had progressive income taxes for decades.... were we socialist that whole time without knowing it?
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-08-2012, 1:30 PM Reply   
Obamacare is designed to increase the health care coverage of Americans but doing so will, in part, yield something else: Wealth distribution.

The Affordable Care Act will raise taxes by $52,000 on average for families among the top 1 percent of earners in order to finance $250 to $2,000 worth of health benefits for the poorest half of American families by 2016, a recent report from the Tax Foundation has found.

The added taxes are just one way that the government is expected to increase measures that will likely reduce the wealth gap as Americans face added pressures from globalization and an aging population, according to The New York Times.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-08-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
so taxes right now are totally fair, but if the bush cuts expire for only the wealthy, we've gone socialist? At what exact progressive ratios do we irrevocably cross over from capitalism to socialism? We've had progressive income taxes for decades.... were we socialist that whole time without knowing it?
What you fail to realize is we don't mind paying taxes if it's fair for everyone.We don't want our tax dollars going to someone too lazy to work.We don't think everyone needs a cell phone.No one needs a TV,House and Food stamps. Put all the worthless ones on Government land in a warmer section of the country and teach them how to grow food.If they want more than that they can get a education or a real job.LIKE THE REST OF US EDUCATED WORKING AMERICANS.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-08-2012, 4:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What you fail to realize is we don't mind paying taxes if it's fair for everyone.We don't want our tax dollars going to someone too lazy to work.We don't think everyone needs a cell phone.No one needs a TV,House and Food stamps. Put all the worthless ones on Government land in a warmer section of the country and teach them how to grow food.If they want more than that they can get a education or a real job.LIKE THE REST OF US EDUCATED WORKING AMERICANS.
No, I totally get that. What I'm saying is where is the tipping point? Welfare, medicaid, food stamps, etc have been around since the 60s, and through all of that time we've had progressive taxes (higher incomes taxed at higher rate).

This idea that we're on the cusp of socialism is new. What I'm asking is where is the tipping point, the line in the sand?
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-08-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
No, I totally get that. What I'm saying is where is the tipping point? Welfare, medicaid, food stamps, etc have been around since the 60s, and through all of that time we've had progressive taxes (higher incomes taxed at higher rate).

This idea that we're on the cusp of socialism is new. What I'm asking is where is the tipping point, the line in the sand?
When you have to give a third of what you earn to the feds,that's too much to me.Then when you add state taxes,personal properly taxes,real estate taxes,sales taxes for you state purchases,local city and county sales taxes,electric bill taxes,phone bill taxes,gasoline taxes,cable bill taxes,landfill charges,new auto or used auto purchase taxes,boat purchase taxes,motorhome purchase taxes,social security and medicare taxes.Along with any other half azz taxes they can come up with.The average american is paying half of what they make in taxes.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-08-2012, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
When you have to give a third of what you earn to the feds,that's too much to me.Then when you add state taxes,personal properly taxes,real estate taxes,sales taxes for you state purchases,local city and county sales taxes,electric bill taxes,phone bill taxes,gasoline taxes,cable bill taxes,landfill charges,new auto or used auto purchase taxes,boat purchase taxes,motorhome purchase taxes,social security and medicare taxes.Along with any other half azz taxes they can come up with.The average american is paying half of what they make in taxes.
Of course. But we are all paying less to the Feds today than under Clinton. And I never once heard an argument that Clinton was a Marxist. So I'm asking where the line in the sand is? Have we not crossed it yet? If we did, when?
Old    Someone Else (deltahoosier)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-08-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
We don't have the free money give away of the 90's either. Clinton was an internationalist. He is the one that gave most favored trade status to China. The economy is hurting and the middle class is supporting the bottom more than ever. We have crossed the line when you have more people that don't pay income taxes voting for more money from the people who do. 47% do not pay taxes. What percent voted for Obama?
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2012, 12:59 AM Reply   
We HAVE crossed that line. Unfortunately it's just a matter of time before the consequences start to materialize. That was the point of this thread. Just wait to see the degradation.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-09-2012, 4:09 AM Reply   
This is no different than a family that keeps having children but can't afford to have them.They have a Father that is working himself to death and a Mother that can't keep up with all her children.They need to become RESPONSIBLE for THEMSELVES. Make a decision to find out what causes these children and do something about it.If you cut out welfare for able bodied workers,they would run the illegal immigrants out of this country and thereby create TAX PAYING citizens.WOW imagine that?
Old    Fat-B (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-09-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
Mark, when did we cross it? I have heard these socialist, redistribution of wealth, attack on the wealthy statements for some time now. But we’re at a time when our marginal tax rates are near the lowest they’ve been in history. So as Scott was asking, where is the tipping point? We’ve had an upper tax rate in the 80% range as early as 1960 yet we’re complaining about being socialist when the upper tax rate is below 40? The argument used to be that trickle-down economics would benefit everyone, and then it was you can’t tax the job creators, now it’s the attack on the wealthy on why we can’t raise taxes on upper income earners. It seems as this is a final grasp at straws as to why a failed economic policy of the past 30 years isn’t working. The only thing these tax rates seem to be creating is a greater disparity in wealth between the upper and middle class. No, I’m not saying I “deserve” more money, I may not be a 1%er but I am close to it and will likely end up paying more taxes, But something seems amiss when the top 1% of households had an income increase of 275% since 1979 yet the 60% in middle has gained just under 40%. Now we have an average income disparity where CEO’s make over 200 times that of their rank and file. Again, don’t take that as I mean a fork truck driver should make anywhere near the company CEO, but in 1978 that number was 26%. We’re creating a top heavy society that is continually burdening the middle class. The world runs off the back of the middle class because those with less income are more likely to put all of their income back into society. I’m sure most of this will be ignored and I will be simply labeled as a moocher, socialist or whatever, but this has nothing to do with a party affiliation and simply that I believe a strong progressive tax system is not socialist but a better way forward.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Fat B, we crossed it when the voters gave Obama another 4 years. We ensured the fact that Obamacare is really going to happen, that taxes will be raised on everyone and overall spending will be going up rather than down like it would have if Romney won. The only thing that can even begin to mitigate these things would be a strong economy which we don't have. The tipping point is when you have more takers than producers. That scenario can't support itself for long before it implodes.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-09-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Fat B, we crossed it when the voters gave Obama another 4 years. We ensured the fact that Obamacare is really going to happen, that taxes will be raised on everyone and overall spending will be going up rather than down like it would have if Romney won. The only thing that can even begin to mitigate these things would be a strong economy which we don't have. The tipping point is when you have more takers than producers. That scenario can't support itself for long before it implodes.
That's not at all what we're going to see by the end of the year. Likely we're going to see some new revenues on the top earners (but LEAVING the Bush era tax cuts in place for middle class permanently), and we're going to see spending cuts.

Obama isn't worried about getting re-elected and Boehner is going to drag the tea partiers along by their nutsacks if he has to. There will be a compromise before the fiscal cliff.
Old    Terry Redfearn (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-09-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
i like the Black Santa thing. No matter what Wes thinks it is not an isult to be black. If you don't think O is a socialist you weren't paying attention when you read his Bios and watched his actions. Reid comes out yesterday and says they are going to undo their spending cuts and minimize Repub influence. In Cali. we passed a 3% increase for the rich to go to schools and the debt. Instead , the Dems are standing in line for additional spending and the amount going to schools is in question.

When I was growing up, liberals were commies. The label stuck and libs were disliked by those too stupid to understand what was happening. Now the libs have associated conservative constitution honoring citizens as tea baggers.Along with the constant barrage of attacks on Bush. As an example, My son (Poli sci major 21 yrs) hates Bush and admitted to me the other day he doesn't know why. The conserv. labels have stuck and those same idiots are now anti conservative. Conservatives are not any more tea baggers than libs are Che Guevera communists. Those groups are on the fringe.

The conservatives need to give something for free to stay relevent. After all, King Reagan gave amnesty. I tink they need to give out citizenship and win the Latin vote.

Next, every good conservative needs to say something bad about O every day, especially if it is a lie.

I'm not a repub but i don't like the one party system.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2012, 10:10 AM Reply   
"New revenues"? You mean taxes? Classic. I just love how liberals try to rename things so they don't sound like what they really are. Even the term liberal has been changed to progressive. Funny. You can cover a dog turd with frosting and it's still a dog turd.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-09-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
"New revenues"? You mean taxes? Classic. I just love how liberals try to rename things so they don't sound like what they really are. Even the term liberal has been changed to progressive. Funny. You can cover a dog turd with frosting and it's still a dog turd.
Just callin' em what Boehner called 'em.

Quote:
Quickly pivoting the political conversation from President Obama’s reelection to Washington’s looming budget battles, House Speaker John A. Boehner on Wednesday offered a potential path to compromise, saying Republicans are “willing to accept new revenue” to tame the soaring national debt and avert an ugly battle over the approaching “fiscal cliff.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...56c_story.html

Revenue is what the R in IRS stands for... you did know that right?

there's another word for words that mean the same thing. They're called synonyms.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-09-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryR View Post
When I was growing up, liberals were commies.
Dang, man, when was that? LBJ was probably the most prolific lib since WWII (civil rights act, great society, etc) but he was also pretty serious about fighting commies (you've heard of Viet Nam, I'm sure).
Old    Terry Redfearn (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-09-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Progressive is a really cool name... "My friends call me Psycho, anybody calls me Francis and i'll kill ya."
Old    Terry Redfearn (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-09-2012, 10:44 AM Reply   
"civil rights act, great society, etc"

Except that Dem and lib did not mean the same thing. The guy before LBJ, a Dem, said, "Ask not what your country...." And both of them had to prove they hated Commies.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-09-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Of course. But we are all paying less to the Feds today than under Clinton. And I never once heard an argument that Clinton was a Marxist. So I'm asking where the line in the sand is? Have we not crossed it yet? If we did, when?

We crossed it when the government took ownership of GM and outsourced most of the jobs to outside of the united states.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2012, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryR View Post
Progressive is a really cool name... "My friends call me Psycho, anybody calls me Francis and i'll kill ya."
You are funny. Great movie too.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-09-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
Typical Obama supporter. Uneducated Worthless Human Being.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-09-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
^This may come as a shock to you, but some of the nonsense you spew on these forums (communism, socialism, etc.) makes it appear as though you are just as uneducated as the woman in the video. Regurgitating stuff you hear on Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin, Jones, etc. doesn't make you seem intelligent unless you are talking to some kook that believes the same BS. It justs makes you sound unoriginal and that you will believe anything you hear.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-09-2012, 12:00 PM Reply   
This just in... just because you can find a youtube video of a moron supporting your opponent, doesn't mean your guy is smart. Sheesh, there are plenty of moron videos like that on both sides. Persuade with ideas!
Old    Jo Shmoe (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-09-2012, 12:05 PM Reply   
"Put all the worthless ones on Government land in a warmer section of the country and teach them how to grow food."
Well, in China, the government didn't put them there, they get a little piece of land to farm, but they sure don't get any public assistance, the government only pays for education up to sixth grade, no supplies, and if a family wants to send their son/daughter to high school they have to commit $400 out of their $800 yearly salery.
Old    Terry Redfearn (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-09-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
" Regurgitating stuff you hear on Limbaugh, Hannity, "

If you don't listen to FOX news, you probably don't know that 60 mins. had video proof that O' lied about his intent of "act of terror" in the Rose Garden.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-09-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
^I know. It's right next to the proof they have that Obama is not a US citizen.
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-09-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryR View Post
" Regurgitating stuff you hear on Limbaugh, Hannity, "

If you don't listen to FOX news, you probably don't know that 60 mins. had video proof that O' lied about his intent of "act of terror" in the Rose Garden.
It doesn' t matter. His supporters don't care. They are all in Colorado now.
Old    Terry Redfearn (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-09-2012, 1:16 PM Reply   
Google it Jeremy. He did the interview right after the Rose Garden, and CBS didn't release the video until just before the election, after it was a non-issue.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-09-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
From Ron Paul's Facebook this pretty much sums up how I feel.

America is over $16 trillion in debt. The "official" unemployment rate still hovers around 8%.

Our federal government claims the right to spy on American citizens, indefinitely detain them, and even assassinate them without trial.

Domestic drones fly over the country for civilian surveillance.

Twelve million fewer Americans voted in 2012 than in 2008, yet political pundits scratch their heads
.

It's not hard to see why, though.

To go along with endorsing a never-ending policy of bailouts, "stimulus packages," and foreign military adventurism, the establishment of neither major party questions the assaults on Americans' liberties I’ve named above.

As my campaign showed, the American people are fed up. Many realized heading into Tuesday that regardless of who won the presidential election, the status quo would be the real victor.

GOP leadership is now questioning why they didn't perform better.

They're looking at demographic changes in the United States and implying minorities can only be brought into the party by loudly advocating for abandoning what little remains of their limited government platform and endorsing more statist policies.

My presidential campaign proved that standing for freedom brings people together.

Liberty is popular – regardless of race, religion, or creed.

As long as the GOP establishment continues to not only reject the liberty message, but actively drive away the young, diverse coalition that supports those principles, it will see results similar to Tuesday’s outcome.

A renewed respect for liberty is the only way forward for the Republican Party and for our country.

I urge all my Republican colleagues to join the liberty movement in fighting for a brighter future.
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-09-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^This may come as a shock to you, but some of the nonsense you spew on these forums (communism, socialism, etc.) makes it appear as though you are just as uneducated as the woman in the video. Regurgitating stuff you hear on Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin, Jones, etc. doesn't make you seem intelligent unless you are talking to some kook that believes the same BS. It justs makes you sound unoriginal and that you will believe anything you hear.
How can you not see that Obama is a socialist?

For the record I don't watch TV or listen to radio (spotify has killed the radio for me) much and when I do you can sure as heck believe it's not any of the above referenced shows. So to compare me to some government assisted trash is offensive. And for those that can't see that this country is slipping into the grasps of socialism, maybe you should stop watching TV and pick up a history book. Romney was never my choice he would never be a solution to the problem. It's sad but I believe the only thing that will get this country to change for the better is another revolution and mass blood shed. Hopefully that won't have to happen because the half of America that thinks like the lady in the Youtube video above has no chance against the people that love their guns and know how to use them.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-10-2012, 1:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Just callin' em what Boehner called 'em.



http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...56c_story.html

Revenue is what the R in IRS stands for... you did know that right?

there's another word for words that mean the same thing. They're called synonyms.
Of course I know what the R stands for however, revenue can mean many things which are NOT synonomous with taxes. Ever heard of gross sales or profit? Our language is almost always based on context and you just took my statement out of context just so you could make a dim witted insult towards me. Nice try Foolio.

Last edited by markj; 11-10-2012 at 1:33 AM.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-10-2012, 1:30 AM Reply   
And for the record-Boehner has already started the cave-in beginning with his language. Bummer. I'm just one guy voting....
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-10-2012, 3:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by steezyshots View Post
How can you not see that Obama is a socialist?

For the record I don't watch TV or listen to radio (spotify has killed the radio for me) much and when I do you can sure as heck believe it's not any of the above referenced shows. So to compare me to some government assisted trash is offensive. And for those that can't see that this country is slipping into the grasps of socialism, maybe you should stop watching TV and pick up a history book. Romney was never my choice he would never be a solution to the problem. It's sad but I believe the only thing that will get this country to change for the better is another revolution and mass blood shed. Hopefully that won't have to happen because the half of America that thinks like the lady in the Youtube video above has no chance against the people that love their guns and know how to use them.
I rest my case.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-11-2012, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Of course I know what the R stands for however, revenue can mean many things which are NOT synonomous with taxes. Ever heard of gross sales or profit? Our language is almost always based on context and you just took my statement out of context just so you could make a dim witted insult towards me. Nice try Foolio.
So can you please provide an example of where, in the context of the coming Obama boehner showdown, the word "revenues" has been used other than its synonymous meaning with taxes?

I totally agree that revenue can mean something different when you aren't talking about the government's budget, but that's not the context of this thread...

My apologies if the use of synonyms is a dim witted insult. I'll stick to high brow insults like "Foolio" from now on.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-11-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
^^^The point I was making is that liberals use words that they think are less offensive or more popular to describe what they mean. "New revenues" sounds much better and appealing than "new taxes". This is a way to deceive people because revenue can mean many things (mostly positive) and taxes only mean one thing (negative). It's sort of like speaking in code. Boehner is guilty now too. Sorry bout the Foolio comment. That was out of line.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-12-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
This election has really shown me some things.....
This country is full of idiots, and not the people who voted for Obama, but the people who think that somehow magically the country is going to implode because the same guy who didn't cause an implosion is still in the white house.

.... these same people somehow also believe that they will in-fact "be taken care" of by the government in a way that could be considered acceptable if they just stopped working.... You honestly think the quality of life from welfare hogs is anything close to nice?.... **** no.
my new job has me driving past a salvation army with a housing section every day, there is a line of people who look all sorts of miserable waiting in line to get a warm place to sleep, and maybe a hot shower. Am I frustrated that my hard earned money is going to support these people??.... **** no, honestly take some more if it will do good (mind you I am by nooooo means rich). Sure some of these people are pieces of trash and put themselves in this situation, but some just got a bad hand dealt to them and for that I really feel bad.

Bottom line for me is that if in the off chance I lost my job, my home, etc etc and was up **** creek, I would want some help.... I would expect those who could afford to help would; just like when I get back on my feet I would certainly do my part to help those who are down.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-12-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
Side note... I absolutely LOVE the fact that most the Republican / Anti-Obama supporters are 92% identified as Christian faith-based.....
With that said how on Earth have they taken the whole basis of their religion, their magical all knowing and wise savior's words and gone about 180* opposite.... WWJD? F**k the poor.... that sounds about right.

Matthew 25:31-46 - Jesus proclaims that how you treat the hungry, the thirsty, the sick and other "least of these," is how you treat Jesus himself. And if you fail to help the "least of these," Jesus promises, he will send you to Hell.

Mark 10:25 - It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Acts 2:44-45 - And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need.

Galatians 6:2 - Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ

Luke 3:11 - And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”


.... I'll stop there, but you guys get the picture. See you in hell!


Old    Jason G (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-12-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
I think Jesus was addressing individuals, not governments. Charity is supposed to take care of those in need, not government mandated Robin Hood. Government cannot distinguish a needy person from lazy one.

It doesn't really matter who won, because neither could avoid failure as a president. The election did show us something about that tipping point. The tipping point is when something so obviously detrimental to society is exposed and the majority of people are still for it for personal gain.

Liberalism in itself isn't a bad thing. Its a byproduct of success and comfort, therefore a testament to our hard work. However, after time, it consumes its host, and that is what has happened to the US. Socialism isn't a switch that is flipped. It's gradual over decades.

Nothing in this world is free except crap. The more stuff you turn into free, the more stuff you turn into crap.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-12-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
It doesn't really matter who won, because neither could avoid failure as a president. The election did show us something about that tipping point. The tipping point is when something so obviously detrimental to society is exposed and the majority of people are still for it for personal gain.
Sad, isn't it. Used to be that only rich guys like Romney were in it for personal gain. Now it's all of us. What has the world come to with people all wanting things like food, shelter, medicine, and a peaceful existence? If only the Republicans could craft a comeback to undo all of this.
Old    Someone Else (deltahoosier)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-12-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
All this love in with free money will end when the historic low for unemployment is 10% to 11% like it is in Europe. What is this peaceful existence? You mean not being in any wars during a democrat administration? Not killing folks with drones? Giving Iran the bomb? Little liberals in the parks rioting...errrr occupying? You mean that peace? You mean the type of peace where people attack christians every day for the sake of being christian? That kind of peace? Very interesting.

One thing about all you God hating liberals have to figure out. Just because you have all the brown people voting with you because they feel the government is keeping them in a house, does not mean you are not insulting their very core. I hope the clip of the democrats booing God at the convention is used over and over and over to beat the crap out of the democrat party. Just because people of color feel they have different economic needs does not mean they are not deeply religious. Be careful, it could turn on a dime when they figure out you are using them for your own gain.

Trying to figure out when the poor were not getting food, clothing, shelter and medicine? All your arguments about insurance is that you think it will make it cheaper for YOU because THEY are using medical without insurance. Only problem, is it is going to backfire. Most of the fringe people are going to be put to part time, the poorer people who could not afford insurance before will now have to go buy it, and the people who provide the services will be able to charge more because there is more money dedicated exclusively to that sector.

In the mean time, you are going to hear for calls for more environmental regulation and treaties to save us so we must pass laws to move money to the UN. Gun laws? Feinstein said they are still on the table. Going to be a fun 4 years.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-12-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
I think Jesus was addressing individuals, not governments. Charity is supposed to take care of those in need, not government mandated Robin Hood. Government cannot distinguish a needy person from lazy one.

It doesn't really matter who won, because neither could avoid failure as a president. The election did show us something about that tipping point. The tipping point is when something so obviously detrimental to society is exposed and the majority of people are still for it for personal gain.

Liberalism in itself isn't a bad thing. Its a byproduct of success and comfort, therefore a testament to our hard work. However, after time, it consumes its host, and that is what has happened to the US. Socialism isn't a switch that is flipped. It's gradual over decades.

Nothing in this world is free except crap. The more stuff you turn into free, the more stuff you turn into crap.
Well put! I agree with every one of your points.
Old    Jason G (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-12-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sad, isn't it. Used to be that only rich guys like Romney were in it for personal gain. Now it's all of us. What has the world come to with people all wanting things like food, shelter, medicine, and a peaceful existence? If only the Republicans could craft a comeback to undo all of this.
It is sad, and you're proving my point. It used to be only the people who add no value who wanted these socialistic ideals (government leeches, actors, etc). Now, many smart productive people have been snowed into thinking it will be good for them. The dollar is valuable at its foundation because it is earned. When you start giving it away, it loses its basic value (not really talking global market value). When I see people like you whom I respect buy into this, it reminds me of the feeling when an intelligent family members\friend gets suckered into some pyramid MLM. Its just shocking and I don't know what to say. You know its bad, and you know its gonna end horribly, but all your common sense talk is trumped by the pyramids promises. Obama is a guy at the top who has preyed on the desperate to get votes. What does he care if he is selling them false hopes and dreams as the healthcare system takes a dump? Its not like HE has to subscribe to Obamacare. Just like the guy at the top of the pyramid schemes, he promises greener pastures to those desperate enough to believe they exist. "Wealth isn't just for the smart hard working people anymore!"

What do you have against rich guys? Have we not all made efforts to put more money in our pockets? Are we going to hammer on them because they have had more success at it than we have? Are they not the ones hiring people like us to do the things they cant do or don't want to do? Sounds like envy to me. Very sad indeed.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-12-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
"Now, many smart productive people have been snowed into thinking it will be good for them."

And you have many "smart productive people" being snowed into thinking the GOP is the party for people not wanting a government handout. The GOP is just as willing to take your money, they are just going to put it into a "different basket" so to speak. How anyone with even an ounce of intelligence was willing to believe Romney was going to slash the debt all-the-while exponentially increasing military spending is beyond me.

And how exactly did Obama prey on the desperate? I am not desperate for anything. My wife and I do fine for ourselves (combined we are in the higher tax bracket) and I voted for Obama. To me, the desperate were the ones that casted votes for Romney. Look, he finished third to McCain in 2008 and he wasn't popular with most conservatives. He struggled in many of the southern states during the primaries and I think many of them, just couldn't cast their vote for him. This was the "most important election" according to Rush and Hannity, yet you had less voter turnout than you had in 2008. More Mormons casted their vote for McCain than they did for Romney.
Old    Jason G (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-12-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
Dont recall mentioning Romney. He invented Obamacare before Obama. Your answer to bad policy is always "look at the other guy". Just because the other guy is just as foolish doesnt make socialism ok, like you seem to think on every post you make.

I know you voted for Obama, and I wasn't lumping you into the "smart productive people" category. You know right from wrong, and the stupidest reason for tolerating the wrong is because someone else did something wrong in the past. That's your answer to every post. Socialist stupidity is ok because there have been stupid capitalists in the past. So what? Why is that an excuse for you to tolerate it today? I never see you agree\disagree with bad policy, only make excuses for it. That is a troll.

Let me guess... "Yeah, but blah blah blah GOP blah blah blah Limbaugh"
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-12-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
I for one cast my vote for Romney primarily to vote against Obama

anyone who thinks that Obama can suddenly balance a budget and reduce spending, is smoking second hand Colorado smoke

he has done nothing to prove that he is capable of doing anything but steering us right over the cliff.

I would rather bet on the guy that hasn't had the job, before the guy that is certain to do more harm than good.

Like yall, I can't even imagine the reasoning to vote for the other guy. It truly amazes me.

I bet in four years, Obama is still blaming someone else.....congress, other nations, atm machines....who knows

by the way, Texas got enough signatures for succession, that the President has to address the matter. I for one would vote to leave the union. Why go down with the group when you can survive just fine on your own....let all of you coastal crazies deal with the mess that you voted for
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/texas...9#.UKGE2YcUUdU
Old    Jo Shmoe (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-12-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
"by the way, Texas got enough signatures for succession"
Good! Leave! Looks like the most intelligent people, best schools, best places to live, and people who aren't afraid to work are in the Northeast and Western States!
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-12-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
I for one would move to Texas. Then when the rest of you Smart people realize you made a mistake we would be heavily armed and ready to defend our borders.Why you ask? Because when all of us dummies who are paying taxes ,so Obama supporters can collect their welfare checks and sit on their brains, move to Texas.You will come to where the money is to get your freebies.
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-12-2012, 10:49 PM Reply   
It's "secession". Not "succession" boys. Test on Friday.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-13-2012, 2:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
Dont recall mentioning Romney. He invented Obamacare before Obama. Your answer to bad policy is always "look at the other guy". Just because the other guy is just as foolish doesnt make socialism ok, like you seem to think on every post you make.

I know you voted for Obama, and I wasn't lumping you into the "smart productive people" category. You know right from wrong, and the stupidest reason for tolerating the wrong is because someone else did something wrong in the past. That's your answer to every post. Socialist stupidity is ok because there have been stupid capitalists in the past. So what? Why is that an excuse for you to tolerate it today? I never see you agree\disagree with bad policy, only make excuses for it. That is a troll.

Let me guess... "Yeah, but blah blah blah GOP blah blah blah Limbaugh"
Yeah, but the whole premise of your original argument is that people that voted for Obama were either looking for a handout or they were duped by Obama and company into believing that "socialism" is okay. So what was the other option, vote for Romney. And the funny thing is, while yes, you haven't mentioned Romney, what was the alternative to voting for Obama? Which candidate received your vote? You resort to using the same hyperbole we have been hearing this whole week. So maybe you came up with some new thoughts on the issue, but it sounds like the same song and dance that has been blasting the airwaves since the election. The doom and gloom because Obama won. The same doom and gloom we heard in 2008. I think it's idiotic to say that because of Obamacare, we will become a socialist nation. When we implemented Medicare and SS, did that make us become socialists? What about the Montgomery GI Bill; I used that to go to college so I guess I, and countless others are all socialists. Look at China today as opposed to 30, 40, or 50 years ago. They're economy says they are more capitalistic in nature, so does that mean they are no longer communists? I have never defended Obamacare because it doesn't really solve all of the problems with HC.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-13-2012, 7:35 AM Reply   
.... side note, Obama (president or not) looks like a guy who I would totally grab a beer with - http://imgur.com/a/X6186#1
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-13-2012, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
anyone who thinks that Obama can suddenly balance a budget and reduce spending, is smoking second hand Colorado smoke
Of course the implication of this statement is that you believe that Romney would have suddenly balanced the budget. How ironic that you think others are inhaling second hand smoke believing something that they actually don't believe while you are believing it about the Republican candidate.

Oh yeah please get that secession ballot up for vote so you can see how deluded you are about how many people in Texas really want to be an independent country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr
It is sad, and you're proving my point.
No, I'm not proving your point. LOL on actors not contributing. Movies and TV shows are exportable products. There are less people contributing by design. When you automate production and tasks that used to be performed by people you eliminate jobs. When you buy products from low cost labor in foreign countries you eliminate jobs. Less jobs mean less people contributing. When your country increases debt and performs monetary expansion it's so we can keep the economic paradigm afloat. The big winners are wealthy and influential.

OWS addressed this underlying problem in a nebulous way. They contended the big winners of all these debt increasing govt policies rewarded the rich first and the avg citizen second, and they are right. However the right wingers are offended by young people seeing problems with the people they worship, so rather than trying to make sense of the movement they ridiculed it.

There is no point at which I expect the right's message to gain traction because you guys are off target with your insulting accusations. You alienate the average man by claiming they are lazy because they want a decent life. I know how attractive it is to cling to your simpleton values. They sound so right in the absence of any intelligent reflection of how the economy actually works. So please keep on evangelizing with your message of disenfranchisement and we'll see how that works out for you.
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
if you read what I said.......

why vote for the guy with the record of waist and spending? I voted for Romney on the off chance that he could fix things vs Obama who has a track record now of not being able to fix things.

If you were to argue Obama's "accomplishments", that might have merit. But your claiming that I think Romney definitely could have fixed things is false


the Texas secession comment is some what tongue in cheek. You guys are wound to tight

but, think about it:
I could then send a college in the "states" and pay in state tuition
businesses could move to texas to avoid extreme regulations and taxes, instead of over seas
Texas could drill more, build a new refinery, build a nuk powr plant........sell power and water to other states......

I like the story of dividing the country into the dem supporters and the repub supporters
put a wall between the 2 halfs of the country.
see how long it takes for the blues to dug under the wall to live on the red side......
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-13-2012, 11:22 AM Reply   
So you don't believe that Romney could balance the budget, yet your argument hinges on ignoring everything else and proclaiming that anyone who doesn't vote for Romney on the off chance he might do what nobody really believes he will do is evidence of deluded thinking? I'm not seeing a lot of merit in that argument. I see more merit in the argument that the previous Republican administration was at the helm for 8 years of economic decline, and until they have better ideas there is no reason to put a Republican back in the White House.

Where did the debt come from?
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
Obama was an experiment that didn't work. Romney would have been an experiment to see if a business man could do what politicians have failed to do. I believe that he stood a better chance of getting our country healthy again than Obama does. Say that has no merit if you will, but for me, the writing is on the wall.....so yes, I think that a vote for Obama was either for continued handouts, or deluded thinking. There, I said it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-13-2012, 12:15 PM Reply   
Obama wasn't an experiment that didn't work. If anything Bush was the experiment. His idea was that decreased taxes and increased war spending would help us avoid having too much of a surplus in the federal budget. Well, I guess he was right because we avoided having too much of a surplus.... lol

You are correct that the handwriting is on the wall, but many Republicans can't read it. Republicans threw that Hail Mary pass thinking that they could mobilize a majority into believing we should double down on the great Bush experiment by keeping taxes low and military spending high with a dose of demonizing poor people to seal the deal. Don't worry you can try again in 4 years.
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Clearly the republicans need to rethink their platform. Our country has reached the tipping point of people that have their hand out wanting big government to save them.
The history of other countries shows this to be the wrong path to be on......


What's with you Obama lovers and the Bush years? Seems to me, Bush hasn't been around in some time. I still predict that in 4 years, Obama and his followers will still be blaming Bush and the events of <2008.

Your right, 4 years from now we can further the conversation. The "i told you so",will be bitter sweet....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-13-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
What's with you Obama lovers and the Bush years? Seems to me, Bush hasn't been around in some time. I still predict that in 4 years, Obama and his followers will still be blaming Bush and the events of <2008.
It's called paying attention to what's going on and how it worked out. Apparently that's something that doesn't work for Republicans as they don't want to remember the prosperity of the Clinton years or the decline of the Bush years. It's like they are Born Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
Your right, 4 years from now we can further the conversation. The "i told you so",will be bitter sweet....
That's right in 4 years you can go "I told you so" then repeat your failed message and lose again. The problem is that you can't blame people for wanting things. If you have a legitimate message then people on both sides of the aisle will listen. Nobody is listening to Republicans because there is no tie between the legitimate points of their message and their agenda.

The reality is that the fed budget problem and the unemployment issue are not going to be resolved until all Americans are willing to sacrifice and address the issues directly. Bitching about paying taxes because they go to the poor isn't very endearing to people who are trying to find good jobs and can't. Too bad it's one person, one vote. Because otherwise we could be just like those middle east dictatorships where a small segment of society does well with a strong military to control that pesky majority.
Old    Jason G (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-13-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
So what was the other option
The same thing we should do with all failed politicians, vote out the incumbent regardless of party. I voted for Romney, not because he is any less a POS than Obama, but because I will vote out any incumbent who doesn't value liberty over easy outs and he was the best chance to do so. Same with all other elected positions, if the incumbents don't perform, they go out, regardless of party.

It didn't really matter who won because in this 50/50 climate there will be no successes. Romney would have relabeled Obamacare as his own and I would have voted him out in 4 years too.

The point is that I can see the flaws in the candidates and agree with each sides detractors. You cannot. You do not see government healthcare as socialist in nature because your guy endorsed it. Maybe you don't see anything wrong with socialism in general. All I know is you deflect all arguments to the other side of the isle like past GOP behavior somehow justifies poor behavior now. If some GOP talking head yelled "SAVE THE WHALES!" you would yell "KILL THE WHALES!!" without even thinking about what you just said, out of habit. As long as the GOP doesn't like it, you are all for it regardless of how foolish it is.

The sad part is that as a country, there are now more of you than there are of me. Congrats! The wheels will fall off this thing eventually, and one good thing about hard times is they are an extinction level event for liberal thinking.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:32 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us