Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
I just noticed

Waterski Subscription is $24 for 6 issues
Wakeboard is $22 for 8 issues.

My Dirtrider is $30 for 36 issues.

Waterski and Wakeboard are getting a little carried away. Maybe they should eliminate the free gift with order and lower the price.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-25-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
People & families who compete in waterskiing tend to have plenty of money.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-25-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
The last magazine I bought was cover to cover ads. The "articles" were thinly veiled as not being ads, at least there are nice pictures.

I think I might switch to Sudoku when sitting on the can
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-25-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Ya, I'm not a fan of wake mags
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-25-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
I charge my customers the same markup regardless of their income level
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-25-2012, 12:00 PM Reply   
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love wake magazines. I always get so stoked to get the new issue and immediately read it cover to cover. And I usually go back and look over the pics a hundred times.
I especially love the trip articles in Alliance. Their writers are great.

Wake Journal is cool, but there is something special to me about having a copy of Transworld, Alliance, or SBC in my hands. I've been reading them for over 10 years, and I would hate to see them disappear.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-25-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Wakejournal is the shiz! All photos all the time for .99 a week
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-25-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
People and families that compete in waterskiing aren't the target market for those mags, it's the entry level water enthusiast. Most "competitive" skiers find it a joke, it's the same 3 people getting coverage that live in Orlando... whether they're skiing good at the time or not... sounds familiar to wakeboarding, but on a smaller scale.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-25-2012, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
People and families that compete in waterskiing aren't the target market for those mags, it's the entry level water enthusiast. Most "competitive" skiers find it a joke, it's the same 3 people getting coverage that live in Orlando... whether they're skiing good at the time or not... sounds familiar to wakeboarding, but on a smaller scale.
I wasnt being serious about the waterski thing but KC Wilson is rippin it up.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       10-26-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
Actually, if you go through the subscription process online with transworld, the multi year deals are very reasonable--i think it was something like 24 issues for 20.00 or so. It was close to what i paid on ebay a number of years back.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-29-2012, 6:26 AM Reply   
^^now that's interesting. I've been suckered with the hurry and renew form.

I recognize the magazine and the industry are kind of self serving and interlinked but they do keep me up to date on equipment, boats, new faces and trends.

If the issue is lacking good reading content the pictures always help keep the stoke. There's something nice about getting a hard copy in the mailbox but hell I still like the newspaper in the driveway over my tablet version.