Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-04-2012, 8:12 PM Reply   
Who can tell me what boat is in this first picture at this link (guessing 23 LSV)?

In case you missed it, Romney challenged Obama with this statement and I'm curious if it impacts anyone's opinion of him:
“I don’t think I’ll play the President a round of golf,” Gov. Romney said, “but I will take him to a waterski course.”

Turns out, one of Romney's boats is a Malibu. This is at least his second Malibu. I found another pic where he's riding in the bow of a towerless '99-01 Malibu either LXi or VLX.

Romney skiing after fishing with Charlie Moore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zihBMZXvs4I
Attached Images

Old     (IndySkier)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-04-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
Here's a better video clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h78IOwuBTQ0
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-04-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
awesome!!! im a big supporter of mitt, last night gave america a true look as to who he is....his son has been to powell a few times, one of his friend's have a houseboat. right next to mine. really down to earth people.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-05-2012, 5:20 AM Reply   
Thats cool. I am also a fan. Loved watching him completely crush Obama in the first debate. Was really surprised to see Nobama on the ropes. It was like he wasn't even prepared or thought Mitt was no problem for him.

I am a Republican and I don't agree with everything he says, but he sure is going in a better direction then the continued downward spiral we have been in for the last 4 years. He's got my vote and I'm more on board all the time. I'm not sure why the polls are close...Who wants another 4 years of life how it is now? The longest unemployment has stayed above 8% in history and the national debt growing faster in 4 years than it has in our history. Thats reason enough for me..then don't get me started on Obamacare which is going to bankrupt the Gov't and the rest of us.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-05-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
You would think he would have a bigger boat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-05-2012, 7:57 AM Reply   
IS he slaloming behind a bass boat? awesome.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-05-2012, 7:58 AM Reply   
that was great!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-05-2012, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Thats cool. I am also a fan. Loved watching him completely crush Obama in the first debate. Was really surprised to see Nobama on the ropes. It was like he wasn't even prepared or thought Mitt was no problem for him.

I am a Republican and I don't agree with everything he says, but he sure is going in a better direction then the continued downward spiral we have been in for the last 4 years. He's got my vote and I'm more on board all the time. I'm not sure why the polls are close...Who wants another 4 years of life how it is now? The longest unemployment has stayed above 8% in history and the national debt growing faster in 4 years than it has in our history. Thats reason enough for me..then don't get me started on Obamacare which is going to bankrupt the Gov't and the rest of us.
Leave your political bull**** off these threads please. Cool he skis, glad he owns a bu, glad his son is down to earth for being loaded.

I'm neither for or against either, they're both kooks
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-05-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Leave your political bull**** off these threads please. Cool he skis, glad he owns a bu, glad his son is down to earth for being loaded.

I'm neither for or against either, they're both kooks
So you tell him to leave his political opinion off the boats, then you follow it with your political opinion...?

Who's kook now?
Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-05-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
sure is going in a better direction then the continued downward spiral we have been in for the last 4 years
Quote:
really down to earth people.
Quote:
last night gave america a true look as to who he is
hilarious.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-05-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
Who wants another 4 years of life how it is now? THIS GUY!!! I could only be so lucky if the next 4 years are as good as the last!

What's next, a religious debate on WakeWorld? hahahaha...save it for Facebook guys!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-05-2012, 8:58 AM Reply   
what do you think of this, his cousins are battling the Cartels in Mexico

http://www.vice.com/vice-news/the-me...ar-full-length

I think its great that he skis
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-05-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
So you tell him to leave his political opinion off the boats, then you follow it with your political opinion...?

Who's kook now?
I had to qualify my statement else be pointed a obama lover. I hate 2 party politics. Thanks for adding to this post about Malibu and a presidential candidate by posting about me
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-05-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
If him waterskiing would seriously change the way you vote, you have some serious issues.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-05-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
I'll vote for whomever brings down the price of boat gas! LOL J/K
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       10-05-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
For some reason this makes me think of John Kerry showing off his snowboard skills. Mitt looks a little better than Kerry in their respective sports but both are little gayperish in my opinion. All good though if they're having fun
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-05-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey Kerry can kite, so he's gotta be semi legit:

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-06-2012, 5:18 AM Reply   
What the hell is this skier doing on a wakeboard site? He sure did take it to the face when he got up!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-06-2012, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdon View Post
If him waterskiing would seriously change the way you vote, you have some serious issues.
Very true! Voting for someone based on the color of their skin is much more responsible.

Last edited by chpthril; 10-06-2012 at 6:26 AM.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       10-06-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Very true! Voting for someone based on the color of their skin is much more responsible.
And boom goes the dynamite!