Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-28-2012, 3:47 PM Reply   
Went to the dealer today to pickup my boat where it's been on consignment. Boat hasn't moved and we thought we'd found the deal we wanted and we ready to trade the boat elsewhere. Well kind of out of nowhere this dealer threw me some pretty great prices. I've tried working with this dealer before and just never been able to get what I thought was a fair deal. Only reason my boat was there is they have a great consignment program and get a ton of visibility.

So know is the tough part for within 1K of each other the choice it:
2013 Tige RZR pretty basic options: cover, wind dam, 303 engine, swivel racks, etc,

2012 Malibu V ride (demo 50 hours) Again pretty basic options: red tower, mid ballast(900 total), dual battery, power wedge, cover, depth finder, sound pack 2(6 speakers with amp in boat).

2012 Axis A22(demo 20 hours). This one is pretty loaded. Dual batteries, plug and play with 2300 lbs bags plus stock, wedge, V2 tower upgrade, 2 sets tower speakers, 3 amps, sub, etc, cover, chilax seating, Deck trac pads, tatami mat, Tricked out gel coat upgrade, swivel racks, etc.

Boat one and 2 are optioned very similar except for the Tige touch on the RZR. V ride is bigger and obviously a proven hull. I am not sure if I like the look of the Axis. Its obviously going to have the best wake of the bunch with the setup. I am almost 40 and am not a hard core rider. I feel like the A22 is going to be over kill for me and my little kids. The room of the V ride and the Axis is nice over the RZR but we don't really need it. I am sure the 900 lb stock ballast will be fine for us.

For intermediate riders and below and starting surfers what would you recommend and why. WE are planning to keep the boat long term but resale and value are still important. It's a tough choice to me.