So it is official... I accepted a position at our corporate office in Bloomington today. So in approximately 3-4 weeks I will begin working there.
With that said, I need a place to live.... I would like to rent for 6 months to a year first to get a feel for the city / neighborhoods before buying... so here is what I've got to work with:
- Fiance and I are both in our mid 20's (24/25) and don't mind going out but also deep need college bar chaos
- We have a small dog that will need to come with us
- ~$1500/mo. for rent (less is great, more is okay if it is worth it)
- I would like to keep my commute to 25 mins or less, I will be working here - 1400 W 94th St, Bloomington, MN
- Don't want to be "in the hood"
- Fiance doesn't want to feel uncomfortable walk or running (during the day)
I've sort of narrowed it down to the following areas:
Uptown - north 26th, south of lake, and west of Lyndale
Loring Park area
Having lived in the middle of nowhere my whole life, being somewhere I am car-independent sounds great (other than commute)... I love the thought of being able to walk to restaurants, sporting events, live music, etc etc.... that is kind of why I picked the areas I did.
.... any advice?!... I appreciate it!