Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    GD (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-17-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
Time the bring Sadam back?

We were much better off when they were focused on fighting each other.

Ah, the temptation to assume that they want what we want and think like we think.

IMO, Islam is inherintly extreme and forever destined to produce conflict since it is without regulation from a hierarchy (e.g. a "pope"). It's also incompatible with democracy and religious freedom.

So, nation building and culture changing is a big fat waste of treasure. Instead, we should walk softly and carry a big stick. Coil up, rattle warnings and strike with venom.
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-17-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
http://news.yahoo.com/hezbollah-lead...-150655301.htm
Obama needs to publically declare that we will not suppress freedom of speech !
He needs to say that killing people because you are insulted has no place in the 21st century. He needs to make that clear.....and stern.

Instead, he skirts around how rediculous this really is.
He also needs to state that deaths will be met with deaths.

Obama is to passive when it comes to these things. Sensoring Americans for fear of retaliation, is about as un-American as you can get.........
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-17-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Time the bring Sadam back?

We were much better off when they were focused on fighting each other.

Ah, the temptation to assume that they want what we want and think like we think.

IMO, Islam is inherintly extreme and forever destined to produce conflict since it is without regulation from a hierarchy (e.g. a "pope"). It's also incompatible with democracy and religious freedom.

So, nation building and culture changing is a big fat waste of treasure. Instead, we should walk softly and carry a big stick. Coil up, rattle warnings and strike with venom.
There are many muslims that live here in the US (along with all over the world) and we have no "conflict" from them.

I would say that the violence, if you really look at it, has almost nothing to do with Islam, per se. It has to do with poverty under the false guise of religion. I worked with a guy several years ago that was from Iran. During a conversation, he explained to me that pretty much all your life you hear; "The reason you are poor is because of the US", "The reason you can't feed you family is because of the US", "The reason your kids are sick is because of the US", etc. So these terrorists pray on the poor in a way that further their agenda. They tell these poor bastards that they will take care of their family in exchange for a suicide bombing or something along those lines. Now to us, we say that's absurd, but think about being poor in most of these nations. Our poor would be upper class over there.

Think about it, if the video or insults to Allah were really the root of the problems, why haven't there been any "protests" here in the US?

As far as Obama's foreign policy, look back over the past 30 years or so. Less people have been killed during terrorist attacks than during Reagan, Clinton, and Bush's presidencies.
Old    Akadirtbikingdad (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-17-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
.....that pretty much all your life you hear; "The reason you are poor is because of the US", "The reason you can't feed you family is because of the US", "The reason your kids are sick is because of the US", etc. So these terrorists pray on the poor in a way that further their agenda. They tell these poor bastards that they will take care of their family .......
I believe it as I see the same thing here. Just replace some nouns and verbs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
.....As far as Obama's foreign policy, look back over the past 30 years or so. Less people have been killed during terrorist attacks than during Reagan, Clinton, and Bush's presidencies.
You're kind of backing up some other's arguments about his (Obama) overly apologetic attitude, which has kept things quiet, and this recent "uprising" is demonstrating that the previous azz kicking is wearing off.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-17-2012, 6:18 PM Reply   
^What previous "azz kicking"? Ordering the killings of bin Laden and Kaddaffi is your idea of "keeping things quiet"? Gotcha!!
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-17-2012, 6:20 PM Reply   
I heard Bin Laden's last words before his face flew off were "apology accepted!"
Old    Akadirtbikingdad (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-18-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^What previous "azz kicking"? Ordering the killings of bin Laden and Kaddaffi is your idea of "keeping things quiet"? Gotcha!!
Bush started on bin Laden and to stop that search would made the entire war on terror a waste and more distasteful that it already was/is. The wheels were in motion on that one and Osama... err Obama was not able to stop it. I mean "both sides" of Congress approved that war.

As for Kaddaffi. Not so fast. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15390980 Unless I misread, we didn't pull the trigger.
Old    Someone Else (deltahoosier)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-18-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Less people died of terror because the US was on the offensive. The goal was to not have any more attacks in America and so far that has worked. You will never be able to defend embassies in Muslim countries. That will not happen. Only thing you can do is either pressure the host countries government into protection or you find a person or group responsible and you put a few missiles up their butt and let people know you did it. That is what Reagan did to Kadafi (sp?) in Libya back in the day. Lebenon was a different deal back in the day. You are talking about a pretty much lawless country at that time. It was a free for all and our troops were there in the name of the UN. Reagan did the right thing and stuck his finger in the UN's eye and said we are not putting our guys in harms way for the sake of a bunch of Islamist killing each other. There was no objective except the UN wanted them there.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
"The goal was to not have any more attacks in America and so far that has worked."

Are you saying 9/11 caliber attacks or attacks in general? Because you are wrong if you believe the latter.
Old    Someone Else (deltahoosier)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-19-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
Not sure what islamist attacks you may be referring too in America Jeremy but their have not been any major attacks considering the vast number of targets there are. If you want to talk terror in America, go to any democrat controlled city and look at the murder rates. That is terrorism.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-19-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
To bring this back full circle to wakeworld, over labor day our local coast guard auxiliary was conducting faux compulsory safety checks at the ramp. The volunteer with a badge conducting the safety checks told me that we were the eyes and ears on the front lines in the war on terror and that if we saw a bunch of guys with turbans in a slammed malibu that we'd better call in right away.
Old    Taylor Jensen (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       09-19-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
"The Washington Free Beacon is reporting that Anne Patterson, U.S. Ambassador to Egypt, refused her Marine security detail live ammunition. The Marine detachment provides security for the Embassy grounds, embassy personnel, and is responsible for the defense of the Embassy in any attack against the Embassy by hostile forces. The Ambassador is supposed to set the rules of engagement in consultation with the Regional Security Officer.

It is alleged that the decision to disallow the carrying of live ammunition by the Marine security detail had to come from the Ambassador or the Ambassador's boss, meaning Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. "

Seriously? Way to sign the death warrant of 4 Americans
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-20-2012, 6:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardertj View Post
"The Washington Free Beacon is reporting that Anne Patterson, U.S. Ambassador to Egypt, refused her Marine security detail live ammunition. The Marine detachment provides security for the Embassy grounds, embassy personnel, and is responsible for the defense of the Embassy in any attack against the Embassy by hostile forces. The Ambassador is supposed to set the rules of engagement in consultation with the Regional Security Officer.

It is alleged that the decision to disallow the carrying of live ammunition by the Marine security detail had to come from the Ambassador or the Ambassador's boss, meaning Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. "

Seriously? Way to sign the death warrant of 4 Americans
I'm pretty sure that that rumor has been completely discredited and that the USMC has confirmed access to live ammo.

Secondly, who was killed in Egypt? The four Americans who were killed were killed in Bengazi, not Cairo.
Old    Wes (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-21-2012, 7:29 PM Reply   
http://us.cnn.com/2012/09/21/world/a...l?c=homepage-t

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 1:53 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us