Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-05-2012, 3:30 PM Reply   
Pretty much came to the conclusion that the show is awkward and a little difficult to watch.

Would've been so much better with the bonifay brothers back in the day..
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-05-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
Yeah true, but the last episode was actually about wakeboarding lol, and they had the nautique games it was sick. I hope the show is making wakeboarding more popular
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-05-2012, 7:39 PM Reply   
I guess I understand how critical people are being, but...

While my girlfriend was getting her hair cut, she mentioned to her hairdresser I bought a new boat. Her response, "Ooo is it like those wakeboard ones on that new MTV show?"

Like it or not, I think it might help expand wakeboarding.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-05-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
It will definitely help expand wakeboarding, but that's not necessarily a good thing. Do you really want the MTV crowd out on your local lake? Be careful what you wish for.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-05-2012, 8:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
It will definitely help expand wakeboarding, but that's not necessarily a good thing. Do you really want the MTV crowd out on your local lake? Be careful what you wish for.
If it means they are wakeboarding instead of tubing, sure.

Only time will tell if its good or bad...
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-06-2012, 4:52 AM Reply   
Im all for the publicity, its not like your average goon who watches MTV religiously is gonna go out and buy a 40,000+ wakeboard boat just because of a tv show.

I just think Phil is too much of a stick in the mud, to the point to where its frikin weird. Same with Bob, the jokes are funny but sometimes he just takes it too far for the camera lol
Old     (kme3113)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-06-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
Its awkward for sure... a lot of Jokes seem to not end up being funny. I can see how dealing with that all the time could make you annoyed with your brother! I think they should include more of all the riders not just focus on those two. Harley and Rusty seem to be in clips here and there so why not just focus on the whole group of riders? Whatever that lake is they show on there every now and then is awesome. I think its the same one used in the DEFY film too. The water looks like the ocean minus the possibility of shark attacks!