Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    E (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2012, 3:22 AM Reply   
Man I really thought the new xstar was an ugly boat but it's grown on me. It actually looks good really like that one mike posted with the wrap. The bow is sweet love the functionality.
Old    Murphy Smith (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2012, 5:58 AM Reply   
TCU is sponsored by Under Amour....I see a Swoosh on the jersey.

Kansas has some hot women, but texas had more hot women!
Old    Chris C (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-25-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Tcu was Nike. They had pro combat unis with the frog print on the helmets just 2 years ago.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
Boat looks great! I definitely wasn't a fan of the Pumpkin. It's amazing how much a change in color can do for a boats looks.Still not a fan of the tower,but the interior is top notch.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-25-2012, 1:31 PM Reply   
Lol
Old    Kevin R Baugh (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
I will never own one way to much cash and way tooo big but i do like the retro lines of the boat
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-25-2012, 7:40 PM Reply   
Harley gets his new boat tomorrow
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2012, 9:25 PM Reply   
Who cares about graphics and how it sits in the trailer. Real life wake pics n vids........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-25-2012, 9:46 PM Reply   
I'll post tons of pics Tuesday. We boarded and surfed it all afternoon. It was awesome....

We had some great riders from Austin with us that normally ride their Naut 230.. Hopefully I can get them on here for a testimonial and critique.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2012, 3:39 AM Reply   
Is the new Stars main competitor the 230?
Old    MCXSTAR (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2012, 6:16 AM Reply   
Is the 230 nauti's flagship?
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-26-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
They're all main competitors MHunter.
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-26-2012, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Is the new Stars main competitor the 230?
What do you think?
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2012, 10:15 AM Reply   
I think that last year that was an accurate comparison but for 2013 I dont think you can compare a 130k plus boat to a 90k boat. There are only 2 that are in that class its up to the buyers to decide for themselves the one that is best.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-26-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Did I compare them or did I say the
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-26-2012, 10:22 AM Reply   
Say they ride a 230?
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-26-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
There are only two that are that expensive. There are many that are in that class....

I like how you said last year you could include the 230 but now you can't. Lol
You just like arguing dude.
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-26-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I think that last year that was an accurate comparison but for 2013 I dont think you can compare a 130k plus boat to a 90k boat. There are only 2 that are in that class its up to the buyers to decide for themselves the one that is best.
Who mentioned anything about a comparison?

A true comparison is when someone shopping for a new boat takes both out for a pull, does the research, then puts his money where his mouth is buys one.

Anything else you'd like to add MHunter, or can you just not stand that the new Star is getting lots of limelight where the G doesn't even get talked about?
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
Also Mhunter, not really fair to compare the msrp of a brand new xstar to non-msrp of a 230. The new xstar can get to 150k if you want it to, but if you have a reasonable dealer and don't put anything on the boat beyond the essentials you won't be seeing a 150k price tag.
Old    9Drozd            08-26-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
Old    Johnny (JohnnyDefacto)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-26-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
It's going to be interesting to see what Harley can do once he gets his xstar dialed in....
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-26-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDefacto View Post
It's going to be interesting to see what Harley can do once he gets his xstar dialed in....
I've heard legit rumor he's been stomping out 1260's no prob behind his old Star.
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
I've heard legit rumor he's been stomping out 1260's no prob behind his old Star.
What...........that can't be. U mean he is throwing down new tricks on an old wake???????? Wtf. That wake is tiny. The only reason tricks are progressing is because of the new star wake according to MC and their propaganda.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-26-2012, 8:12 PM Reply   
I heard he's almost landing doubles to blind.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2012, 9:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
There are only two that are that expensive. There are many that are in that class....

I like how you said last year you could include the 230 but now you can't. Lol
You just like arguing dude.
Really would you care to name the other brands that can generate the same size wake ? If they do exist the builders are doing a great job of keeping them a secret.
I would compare the 230 to the 2011 Star as they were both the top of the line flagship boats from both builders . I think its safe to say that isn't true today with the release of the 2013 Star and the G23 and G25.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
Also Mhunter, not really fair to compare the msrp of a brand new xstar to non-msrp of a 230. The new xstar can get to 150k if you want it to, but if you have a reasonable dealer and don't put anything on the boat beyond the essentials you won't be seeing a 150k price tag.
I think I said 130k and 90k those are both non MSRP prices based on what I have heard about the Star and what I was quoted on the 230 . Maybe Craig can be more specific about the cost of the Star since he sells them.
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
So you think the new star doesnt compete with the g23? Could you please explain what sort of logic you are applying here?
Old    MCXSTAR (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-26-2012, 9:12 PM Reply   
for the love of God. will you shout the f'n hell up Hunter
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-26-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
2011 star matches up with the 230, and did with pricing as well. The new star does not match up with the 230, as they are not supposed to compete with each other. I know what the star goes for, I had its price & option sheet in front of me today. Due to market demands you will see inflated prices in some areas, but that's how economics work. I am sure these new g23's and 25's will be selling for a much higher price for those with big pockets who want it right away as well.
Old    Delta Force (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-26-2012, 9:23 PM Reply   
Mhunter is applying drugs, not logic, to the argument. He's like a 13yr old boy. What Craig meant hunter, since you're a gdamn re...nevermind, is that he had some 230 riders coming out. In general, if youre riding a slammed out macked out 230, you ride a good wake, and its pretty big. Maybe competitive with a new X, maybe not, let's see the wake pics and hear the real comments before you start chasing troyDs D around boohooing troy jumping all over his D.

And fill out your profile or just leave...
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2012, 9:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
Who mentioned anything about a comparison?

A true comparison is when someone shopping for a new boat takes both out for a pull, does the research, then puts his money where his mouth is buys one.

Anything else you'd like to add MHunter, or can you just not stand that the new Star is getting lots of limelight where the G doesn't even get talked about?
That's it TROY I cant stand MC getting all the limelight??? That's why I didn't post in this thread until YOU called me out . I was just about to go crazy reading all about the 2013 Star in a 2013 Star thread . Thanks for inviting me in .

Last edited by mhunter; 08-26-2012 at 9:49 PM.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-26-2012, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Mhunter is applying drugs, not logic, to the argument. He's like a 13yr old boy. What Craig meant hunter, since you're a gdamn re...nevermind, is that he had some 230 riders coming out. In general, if youre riding a slammed out macked out 230, you ride a good wake, and its pretty big. Maybe competitive with a new X, maybe not, let's see the wake pics and hear the real comments before you start chasing troyDs D around boohooing troy jumping all over his D.

And fill out your profile or just leave...
Are you speaking for Craig ? Do you know how the 230 was set up ? I thought the new Star was a improvement to the old one are you saying the new Star isn't any better than a sacked out 230 ? I at least compared the new Star to the G series.
Why should I fill out the profile ? Wouldn't that be like giving you the knife to stab me with.
You guys love to dish it out but ask a question or give an opinion and you go off with the name calling and insults.

WWBC Forever
Old    Ryan (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-26-2012, 11:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
You guys love to dish it out but ask a question or give an opinion and you go off with the name calling and insults.
Because you are ignorant and fail to apply any knowledge, reason, or logic to any of your arguments.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-26-2012, 11:49 PM Reply   
For what it's worth, we had a great day on the river and the guys were stoked about the chance to ride behind the first production boat in our area... To be honest, I was too. I had been in both tour boats on several occasions and rode in it after the tour here in early June with Harley, Zane, and Rusty for most of the day but I didn't get to play around with the wake that day because it was a customer appreciation day and I didn't want to take away from that so I waited until we got one to test it.. My plans were to see the surf wake and get an outsider opinion on the size, cleanliness, etc of its wake. We took (3) 500-lb sacs and (1) 750-lb sac with us. I'm going to be honest and say that I've heard the factory weight is 1800 & 2000-lbs. I'm not sure which is correct, if either, but we placed a 500 on either side of the engine compartment and one in the bow for boarding and only used a 500-lb rear hatch and a 750-lb in the seat port side when we surfed. Now, I have no idea the optimal setup but that's what we used.
Regarding all the elite comparison stuff ... My intentions weren't to beat my chest or say anything negative about Nautiques. I was only giving reference that my riders have experience with top notch wakes behind their 230 and would be a good opinion to hear. Pics coming soon... I have to use my work computer for that.
Thanks for all the comments. Even you MHunter...
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
Craig I wasn't trying to start a fight with you . I just wanted to know your intentions about specifically naming the 230 as the boat they were coming from. It would have been better if they had ridden the G that would be a more apples to apples comparison. By naming the 230 I took it as a Nauique / MC comparison. I would expect the new Star to win out over the 230 if it didn't you have bigger problems. Bottom line the 2013 Star has been plagued by bad press, technical and component issues and worst of all inconsistent wake . I dont know if its all true but it would go a long way to stop the rumors if there were videos showcasing the wake throughout the entire set not just still shots when its at its best?
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9645glazier View Post
Because you are ignorant and fail to apply any knowledge, reason, or logic to any of your arguments.
Hey thanks for that Ryan I would expect nothing less from a 22 year old that thinks he knows everything?
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-27-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Craig I wasn't trying to start a fight with you . I just wanted to know your intentions about specifically naming the 230 as the boat they were coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
We had some great riders from Austin with us that normally ride their Naut 230.. Hopefully I can get them on here for a testimonial and critique.
Seems pretty easy to grasp. Some great riders in Austin ride behind a 230, and he was hoping to get their opinions on the Xstar wake. Keep trying to stir that pot though...
Old    Delta Force (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-27-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Craig I wasn't trying to start a fight with you . I just wanted to know your intentions about specifically naming the 230 as the boat they were coming from. It would have been better if they had ridden the G that would be a more apples to apples comparison. By naming the 230 I took it as a Nauique / MC comparison. I would expect the new Star to win out over the 230 if it didn't you have bigger problems. Bottom line the 2013 Star has been plagued by bad press, technical and component issues and worst of all inconsistent wake . I dont know if its all true but it would go a long way to stop the rumors if there were videos showcasing the wake throughout the entire set not just still shots when its at its best?
Says who? you? You keep babbling inconsistent wake, issues. I haven't seen a bulletin by the mfr saying we are recalling boats due to technical issues.

And maybe those guys have ridden a G, he was saying, just like I said, that they ride big wakes and are used to them, you really have no deductive reasoning. Do you ever look at how many posts you post in certain threads and think maybe you yap too much. How old are YOU, because you type like a 14 year old - seriously, I typed like you when I joined WW back in the day....

One last thought:
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open it and remove all doubt"
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-27-2012, 7:57 AM Reply   
MHunter, Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

You notice anything going on here....?
I call you out time and time again and you come here and you get beaten to a pulp because you don't come with facts you come with your Planet Nautique propaganda and your same talking points from late-2011.

I currently am not aware of any bad press surrounding the Star, am not aware of it being "plagued by problems." Maybe you should enlighten us? Funny how many are selling...
Old     (AllianceBJJ)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-27-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
Funny how many are selling...
Just curious, how many are selling?
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-27-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Alliance- I am pretty sure that just about every single star that has been produced and delivered has been sold, with only a handfull of dealers not ordering them for customers, but rather for showroom purposes. Each dealer only has limited slots this year so I don't think you will see too many non-customer ordered stars sitting in show rooms.
Old    Delta Force (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-27-2012, 9:19 AM Reply   
Any production numbers yet? 20? 30?
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Says who? you? You keep babbling inconsistent wake, issues. I haven't seen a bulletin by the mfr saying we are recalling boats due to technical issues.

And maybe those guys have ridden a G, he was saying, just like I said, that they ride big wakes and are used to them, you really have no deductive reasoning. Do you ever look at how many posts you post in certain threads and think maybe you yap too much. How old are YOU, because you type like a 14 year old - seriously, I typed like you when I joined WW back in the day....

One last thought:
"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot than open it and remove all doubt"
So you dont believe there are any wake issues? here are some quotes from the MC team forum
You can also look up Power tower problems or touch screen problems or do they not exist until the mfr recalls them also.

''The thing that pisses me off is how upset people (specifically wakeworld) get when you talk about the wake. They are just learning how to really get the weight right in this boat. The dealer told me straight up this is the most sensitive boat he has ever been on in regards to the weight. The slightest movement will make it wash to an extent. Which I could not believe how sensitive the previous generation is. But the wake is as advertised. MASSIVE. Wish i could have got a set in!''

''from people who have ACTUALLY ridden behind it, its getting some great reviews. I'm a little worried that because of the sensitivity... it'll go the way of the CC super air 220 (which is a great wake, but anyone in the boat moves 3 inches and it washes out (told this from a 220 owner, also a great rider)''

''My 04 can be sensitive at times. The GF decided to move all 120 pounds of herself about 15 inches and washed out my landing last Friday. (but i think it is because of all the weight we had up front)
But yes, that is essentially what they were saying is once you had it dialed in don't move. haha. But they loved every minute of the time they spent behind it.''

Maybe they are just not using enough deductive reasoning? I never said the wake is bad just INCONSISTANT. If you dont believe that to be true then I guess we will agree to disagree. As for my typing abilities I do the best I can I'm sorry if it doesn't live up to your professional standards .If I keep posting maybe I can be as good as you someday?
Wait a minute how do you know how I type are you having an out of body experience and are actually watching me????

Note the number of posts I TYPE is directly related to the number of WWBC members that ask me to respond. I never wanted to post here in the first place thank your court jester TROY for all of this.
Old    Willy T (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
''from people who have ACTUALLY ridden behind it, its getting some great reviews. I'm a little worried that because of the sensitivity... it'll go the way of the CC super air 220 (which is a great wake, but anyone in the boat moves 3 inches and it washes out (told this from a 220 owner, also a great rider)''
whoever said that is a d bag.

namely, that was me . that information is second hand, i have not had the pleasure of riding behind it yet. I should have said "purported sensitivity". everyone has loved riding behind it that i've talked to though...

again, opinions. I'm not sure about you but i'm dying to get a set. In fact, i think i'll go riding after work here...

mhunter, troy, cwb4me (yes im dragging you into it) please stick around. I wouldnt visit WW a quarter of the amount that i do if it werent for y'all, so from the bottom of my heart thanks for all the entertainment
Old    Willy T (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
oh, idea. can we fly mike, robert and troy to orlando and combine their meeting with a wake brothers episode? that would be grand.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Willy I couldn't agree with you more. Most of the posts here are boring rah rah, that looks great, look at mine dribble the only time any real information is uncovered is when there is an active discussion about the topic both pos and neg. Otherwise its just advertising . I'm sure most get where I'm coming from. Unforchantly some here would rather bash the messenger than answer the message. They just follow along like lemmings and never have an original thought.
WWBC forever.
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-27-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
Mhunter, because you love answering peoples questions, can you explain to me why the new star is not a competitor with the new g23?
Old    Ryan (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-27-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Hey thanks for that Ryan I would expect nothing less from a 22 year old that thinks he knows everything?
Prime example of what I previously mentioned.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
Mhunter, because you love answering peoples questions, can you explain to me why the new star is not a competitor with the new g23?
I cant think of any reason to think that . Both are the top models produced by both builders. I dont think any other boat can compete at that level.
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2012, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I cant think of any reason to think that . Both are the top models produced by both builders. I dont think any other boat can compete at that level.
If you would read 90% of your post you'd see why people think that you think the star doesn't hold a candle to the G.
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-27-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I would compare the 230 to the 2011 Star as they were both the top of the line flagship boats from both builders . I think its safe to say that isn't true today with the release of the 2013 Star and the G23 and G25.
About 8 posts up you said that you wouldn't compare the two.
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-27-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
Dear Dave Williams,

Please get rid of Troy and Hunter


Thanks again,
Wakeworld
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-27-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Dear Dave Williams,

Please get rid of Troy and Hunter


Thanks again,
Wakeworld
He kinda has better plans today. Looks like hes trying out for WIPEOUT!
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
About 8 posts up you said that you wouldn't compare the two.
Maybe its time for a new set of reading glasses here is a quote of exactly what I said. Where did you get I wouldn't compare the new Star to the G?

'' I would compare the 230 to the 2011 Star as they were both the top of the line flagship boats from both builders . I think its safe to say that isn't true today with the release of the 2013 Star and the G23 and G25. ''

Let me put it simpler so all can understand . I dont believe you can compare the 230 to the 2013 Star. If you are going to compare the 2013 Star to any other boat it would be the G23.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-27-2012, 4:45 PM Reply   
Sure you can compare them. Just like when I can compare a used car to a new car. Sheesh, just because you haven't tested everything in the world doesn't mean that you can make a comparison based on imperfect data. We're human, that's WHAT WE DO.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
If you would read 90% of your post you'd see why people think that you think the star doesn't hold a candle to the G.
I said the 2013 Star is the only other boat that you can compare to the G . I never said it would hold a candle to the G . I have given my opinion of both boats I think everybody knows how I feel about them . Nothing has changed one has proven itself over and over again and the other is desperately trying to get some traction and win over public opinion. No doubt many will buy it because of the name . My question to you is are you willing to take a 130k gamble on a boat that has so many negative things written about it?
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2012, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
I said the 2013 Star is the only other boat that you can compare to the G . I never said it would hold a candle to the G . I have given my opinion of both boats I think everybody knows how I feel about them . Nothing has changed one has proven itself over and over again and the other is desperately trying to get some traction and win over public opinion. No doubt many will buy it because of the name . My question to you is are you willing to take a 130k gamble on a boat that has so many negative things written about it?
Well I'm glad we agree. Yes the G is desperiately trying to gain publicity while the star takes the limelight. The G does need to prove itself with some major hammers landed behind it. I'm glad we can finally agree!
Old    Willy T (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2012, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
My question to you is are you willing to take a 130k gamble on a boat that has so many negative things written about it?
the 2007 xstar sucks. its ugly, the wake is terrible and its chicks-in-bikini repellent.

oh crap. bad stuff written about my boat. guess i have to sell it.
Old    Dan (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-27-2012, 5:22 PM Reply   
Mhunter- why is the star a gamble again? Because 2012 was a bad year? Becuase they fixed the boat before they released it?

Also, a new set of reading glasses is not necessary, your sentence strucutre is horrible.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-27-2012, 6:31 PM Reply   
Walk away Mhunter...just walk away!

These guys are obviously on attack and catch you on everything you say. Its the same thing every thread about a MC or CC. At least the guys in another thread are debating between Malibu and Nautiques
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-27-2012, 8:15 PM Reply   
It used to be many
Defending the G
Those voices now silent
Where can they be?

The new Star is out now
The G long forgotten
In a quiet factory now
The G mold sits, rotten

Trick after trick
Sale after sale
Only Mhunter doubts now
He holds on tooth and nail

But the Star has won
There is no debate anymore
Total number of G's produced?
Three prototypes plus IronJ's equals four
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-27-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
It used to be many
Defending the G
Those voices now silent
Where can they be?

The new Star is out now
The G long forgotten
In a quiet factory now
The G mold sits, rotten

Trick after trick
Sale after sale
Only Mhunter doubts now
He holds on tooth and nail

But the Star has won
There is no debate anymore
Total number of G's produced?
Three prototypes plus IronJ's equals four
Haha still playing this old trick are you? You being a CC owner...you ever on PN? You'll find your answers over there. MHunter just leave it.
Old    L W (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-27-2012, 9:07 PM Reply   
There is an Orange/Black/White G23 on our lake. Haven't seen anybody wakeboarding behind it yet. Did see surf boards in the racks.

And I'm up in Canada.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-27-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
There is an Orange/Black/White G23 on our lake. Haven't seen anybody wakeboarding behind it yet. Did see surf boards in the racks.

And I'm up in Canada.
Theres plenty of them out on lakes throughout the US and apparently canada, also over in Australia too. Troy just likes to start crap and get this whole feud going btwn the 2 companies.
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       08-27-2012, 9:27 PM Reply   
I know there are lots I just say it to bait Mhunter...
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 11:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
I know there are lots I just say it to bait Mhunter...
I dont know Troy your fan club seems to be getting smaller more and more members are getting tired of your trouble making . Only the die hard WWBC members are coming to your aid now and even they are getting fewer. Why dont you try another poem or maybe a riddle or song that might get them back. I am starting to think that calling you the Court Jester is unfair to Jesters . I think Village Idiot is a better fit. I think I saw your boat the other day looks nice how is the wake?

Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 11:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
Mhunter- why is the star a gamble again? Because 2012 was a bad year? Becuase they fixed the boat before they released it?

Also, a new set of reading glasses is not necessary, your sentence strucutre is horrible.
Was there a 2012 Star? Did they fix all the problems? Why dont you buy one and let me know how that works out for you?
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-27-2012, 11:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Well I'm glad we agree. Yes the G is desperiately trying to gain publicity while the star takes the limelight. The G does need to prove itself with some major hammers landed behind it. I'm glad we can finally agree!
I'm glad your happy . If that is what you want to believe its fine by me?
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
For the pirhanna....
Attached Images
             
Old    Bill Smeltzer (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-28-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Nice looking pics craig
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-28-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
I'd hit it.
Old    Bryan James (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       08-28-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Look at their hair ... they look terrified!!

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  26.0 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  26.9 KB

Last edited by bjames; 08-28-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old    MCXSTAR (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-28-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
Are you able to over ride the trim plate when surfing? most likely deployed because the boats not up to wakeboard speeds
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
Yes, you can turn off "autolaunch" and manually deploy the plate. I probably should have lowered it a bit and it would have cleaned up the surf wake but the draw/pull was better than anticipated, honestly.
Old    Jay (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-28-2012, 10:52 AM Reply   
Craig, what kind of configuration did you use for ballast/people/led weight in those pics?
Old    MCXSTAR (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-28-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
was someone use'n a GoPro or camera while ride'n double?
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yes, he was using a go pro catching some action. Pretty cool set up....

Wakeboard was factory plus 500/500 rear hatches and 500 in the bow

Surf was 500 port rear hatch and 750 on the seat
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
a few more...
Attached Images
          
Old    Shawn B (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-28-2012, 12:12 PM Reply   
I don't want to interject any more controversy into this, but I really like the rainbow graphics on the Watson Classic.


Nice pics, Craig, btw.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-28-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnB View Post
I don't want to interject any more controversy into this, but I really like the rainbow graphics on the Watson Classic.


Nice pics, Craig, btw.
I loved my Watson Classic until it cracked.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:55 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us