Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Manny Bersach (bersach)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-24-2012, 12:45 AM Reply   
So I picked up one of the new limited Harley boards with the monster graphics about two months ago and have ridden it behind only the boat maybe a dozen times. I went to go take my bindings of my board to move them to my slider board and noticed the inserts on the board are starting to come out of the board. (a bite bulge in the area around the inserts presented itself). I was really nervous about riding the board because it could be really dangerous. Liquid force was contacted and they confirmed that the board was no longer safe to ride. However they said since the monster boards were bought by monster they are "promo" boards and are not eligible for a warranty. So now I'm stuck with no money and no wakeboard. I would seriously be cautious now of buying anything made by liquid force since a new shrink wrapped board that came from them lasted a total of 8 weeks. I know the boards are pressed in the United Arab Emerates but seriously LF stop slacking on the quality control. Because even though monster may have given boards away I paid for mine and now I have nothing to show for it. For a company that I've always respected and supported I was very disappointed with the level of customer service I received from them.
Old    Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-24-2012, 5:21 AM Reply   
And my friend broke 5 different CWB boards in a year, broke a million bindings, snapped a marek in half on his first set on it, but went the entire season without breaking LF gear. In the meantime, I snapped two Watson classics last summer, one of which I had only had 7 sets on, but haven't had an issue with my hybrid.

Point is, every company has boards that will break under different circumstances. Apparently there was a bad batch of Harley's produced, and they were warrantying the crap out of them. Unfortunately, most businesses don't like warranty stuff that was given away as a promotion, and just because you paid for it, doesn't mean you get a warranty.

http://skipro.com/media/pdf/Liquidforcewarranty.pdf

On top of that, it's pretty expressly stated that you have to be the original owner to even qualify for the warranty. It sucks dude, but you have to live with it. I've had amazing customer service with LF, but that might be because they got money out of my purchases, whereas you didn't actually support them directly, so they were less willing to help out.

But coming on here and complaining that they didn't warranty a board that is not under warranty doesn't usually get a lot of sympathy.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-24-2012, 6:20 AM Reply   
I've never had any trouble getting CWB or Liquid Force Bindings warrantied. I also have broken both manufacturers boards[out of warranty]. I currently own both manufacturers boards and would recommend them to friends.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-24-2012, 6:46 AM Reply   
I too have never had an issue with warrantying LF boards/bindings.

Question though....why did the Monster boards come with warranty paperwork in the sealed package just like any other new LF board?
Old    Dave O (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       08-24-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
LF has always had the best customer service I have seen. I have broken numerous shane boards (pre hybrid) and LF warrantied almost all of them. There product has been some of the best quality product I have every ridden. My new shane hybrid has been put to the test and still has the same feel as the day I bought it. One thing I will agree on that I'm leary about (nothing to do with LF customer service) is that riding the G last weekend my metric screws ripped out of the board. Im not riding LF bindings and have a good feeling I just don't have a proper binding to board fit so I think thats why. I checked the inserts and the threads aren't stripped so I'm not sure what happened. I tighten my gear before every ride but I'm also using washers as risers lol because the bolts are too long for the bindings I'm using. Word of advice, don't put ronix ones on a shane hybrid (yes I mix match because the boots feel amazing on my feet) the heel and toe lift is ridiculous so probably going to have to go another binding route.
Old    Bryce (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-24-2012, 8:48 AM Reply   
Had similar happen to a Lyman and lf took care of it. Bummer that your having a bad experience.
Old    M-Dizzle (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
Op, I'd you buy the board from a dealer or from a secondary market like eBay. I imagine if you bought from a dealer, that dealer should be able to help w the warranty process.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-24-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidmx View Post
Op, I'd you buy the board from a dealer or from a secondary market like eBay. I imagine if you bought from a dealer, that dealer should be able to help w the warranty process.
Pretty sure these boards were promo giveaways in contests. And then some people decided to sell them on CL & Ebay.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-24-2012, 11:44 AM Reply   
That's what you get for buying a board with the Monster logo printed on it.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-24-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
That's what you get for buying a board with the Monster logo printed on it.
Bc we know RedBull is cooler???
Old    Tory Parke (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-24-2012, 1:04 PM Reply   
Same thing happened on a 2012 Harley grind I had.
Old    sperbet            08-24-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Just wanted to chime in here. Myself and a few of my friends have had excellent warranty and customer service experiences with LF. They've done right by us on numerous occasions.
Old    M-Dizzle (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
LR3w8kbrdr - That's what I was hinting at. Here is how I suspect this whole thing went down...

LF gives away several FREE boards as promotional items.
Someone decides to sell one on craigslist or Ebay to make some quick cash.
Someone buys the board on Ebay and breaks it later.
Then comes on the internet to talk ish about a manufacturer that wont warranty a free board they gave away...which, in the perspective of the OP...they bought the wakeboard.

Makes it a lose, lose for LF. get bashed for not warrantying a FREE board they gave away on the internets...or spend money warrantying a free board to maintain a good reputation.
Old    Tarek Richey (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-24-2012, 4:51 PM Reply   
Liquid Force and Colin are rad with the warranty department from both the consumer and retail side.

Wakeboards are cheap sack up and buy a new one!
Old    Joe Burbo (jburbo)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-24-2012, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
Liquid Force and Colin are rad with the warranty department from both the consumer and retail side.

Wakeboards are cheap sack up and buy a new one!
I have dealt with Mike Z and Colin O in the past, they have always gone above and beyond to take care of me
Old    Matthew Melvin (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-24-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
I bet monster BOUGHT those boards from liquid force so its not really a lose, lose for LF. Even if they didn't they should be warrantied. If I win a new car in a raffle does it not still have a warranty?
Old    Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-24-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
The warranty still only applies to the original purchaser though, i.e. Monster/the winner of the giveaway.

Don't buy stuff like that second hand and you won't have a problem. My friend won a Watson LTD back in 08 that had Watson's handprints in the paint, but he never rode it because it was super limited edition and he didn't want to damage it.
Old    Vinny Armentano (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-24-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
lol i have a monster harley too. Not excited to read this thread. No problems so far with mine, but disappointed to know that LF paperwork doesnt mean anything and that those M6 inserts are "the strongest board-binding" connection ever hahaha
Old    David (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-24-2012, 10:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wakeboards are cheap sack up and buy a new one!
Wakeboards are cheap? Your mommy and daddy must buy them or you just have money to burn. I don't see how 400 bucks is cheap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Old    Tarek Richey (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-24-2012, 11:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by detonate69 View Post
Wakeboards are cheap? Your mommy and daddy must buy them or you just have money to burn. I don't see how 400 bucks is cheap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
You own a boat.... wakeboards are cheap!
Old    Adam Balon (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-25-2012, 12:20 AM Reply   
why the hell would you buy a pepsi wakeboard. jez man.... support local shops, buy boards from reputable dealers. the monster boards were most likely built as a promo item. i would assume they carry no warranty from the mfg. and most likely bought off ebay. i know for a fact burton warranty states no warranty for items purchased from ebay( yes the warranty card says ebay)

sure has a nice lame ass green logo on it though.

lf is the best most dominating brand on the market today. never once had a warranty issue.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-25-2012, 2:36 PM Reply   
^ yes!
Old    Joe Jones (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-27-2012, 3:21 AM Reply   
I told ya to slap a monster sticker on ur Harley and spend your money on boat gas!
Old    the not so naked chef (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-27-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
To be fair, it's not just a Pepsi board because monster supports a number of wake athletes. And please correct me if I'm uninformed, but i thought the monster team manager had a connection to lf, in which case the collaboration makes sense.
Old    Adam Balon (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-27-2012, 11:01 AM Reply   
looks to me like a promotional item. much the same as the alcohol branded snowboards you see in bars and pubs. they are generally really cheap.

either way they are really lame. there is no way in hell harley ever drinks a monster drink.... fat kids sitting in the stands and video gamers..... thats who drinks monster. pepsi is smart to that.

anyways... bottom line is support a local shop, buy a real wake deck. avoid all the bull****, get a valid warranty. 4 steps to happiness.
Old    Alex Yermolenko (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-27-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_balon View Post
lf is the best most dominating brand on the market today. never once had a warranty issue.
...and LF can afford yourself doing a poor quality boards for promo - good luck, Monster!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-27-2012, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_balon View Post
either way they are really lame. there is no way in hell harley ever drinks a monster drink.... fat kids sitting in the stands and video gamers..... thats who drinks monster. pepsi is smart to that.
So you're telling me that your buddies, wakeboarding friends and you dont drink these energy drinks??
Old    Adam Balon (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-27-2012, 10:05 PM Reply   
heck no. stuff will kill you. and alex... not sure what your post says.... the grammar is everywhere...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-27-2012, 10:11 PM Reply   
I was just asking that bc I see at least 7 out of 10 wakeboarders drinking these energy drinks when theyre out riding at the park. When my friends would come out on the boat, theyre bringing 2 each it seems with them. At the pro comps these pros are walking around drinking them.

Back to the topic though. OP...you out there?
Old    the not so naked chef (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       08-27-2012, 10:50 PM Reply   
I get your point Adam, I'm just saying that the collaboration makes sense.

And for whatever it's worth, it's not some evil scheme by Pepsi because Pepsi doesn't own monster.
Old    Riley Logue (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-28-2012, 5:06 PM Reply   
Man that really sucks, not being able to ride. Especially after buying one of the sickest boards on the market!

Liquid Force is usually a cool company, but this situation makes me shaky on even think about buying one. On the bright side, your experience can warn all of us about Liquid Force, and make us skeptical about buying one.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            08-28-2012, 6:03 PM Reply   
^^^LF has done nothing but great thins for many including myself in regards to boards & bindings. I wouldnt hesitate again. Its apparent that they dont warranty these promo boards though.
Old    Tim (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-28-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
It sucks they don't warranty the promos'. With that being said, I am definitely an LF fan. I started out on Ronix but the quality and design of LF won me over. I wished LF would send you an old Harley non Monster as a replacement. Sometimes taking a hit pays off in the end.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:18 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us