Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (soulrider)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-03-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
I been wakeboarding for 13 years and this year is the first year that my right knee is really hurting. I'm surprised I haven't hurt it sooner because i take almost all my tricks into the flats including double ups

2 weeks ago I went too big on a whirly and came down with my legs straight and most my weight on my front foot and it pushed me knee the opposite way and hurt really bad. I quit for the day after that and started again 2 days later and ever since after about 10 minutes of hard riding my knee aches so bad that i can barely stand to absorb riding over rollers or even hitting the wake... the rest of the day after riding i limp and can barely walk up or down stairs or hills. I'm assuming that this is never going to go away on its own now and I think its only a matter of time before i seriously injure it and have to get surgery or therapy of some sort.

My question is I notice some pro riders where a big heavy duty looking knee brace and I'm wondering if thats because they hurt there knee and need extra support or if its to prevent a bad knee from getting completely blown? I have seen a lot of different styles and kinds and I'm wondering which one is the best and where I can get one? I'm really just looking for a way to prevent permanently destroying my knee because I'm only 23 and I'm not ready to quit riding and definitely not ready to quit riding hard and have to take it easy...