Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Ryan Schwartz (XStar05)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

Haven't been here in a while but I need some advice. I'm getting a 2013 XStar and was wondering what you guys think of the XS-650's compared to the stock JL Audio speakers that come in the boat?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old    J B (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-11-2012, 11:12 AM Reply   
First!
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-11-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
Dont they use M770's or M650's? I would just stick with the JL stuff but you will probably have to replace the stock amp as I am sure it is way underpowered. In 2007 they used a single 6 channel JL amp to run 4 interiors, 4 towers and a sub. I bet the speakers only got 35-50 watts a piece and probably should have at least 100 if not 150-200.
Old    Alan Slabaugh (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-11-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
MC does not run their amps like that.

I.E.
4 In-Boats + Sub = M600/6
4 on the tower = M400/4
2 on the tower = M200/2
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-11-2012, 11:29 AM Reply   
Ryan, do you like full sound or a lot of treble emphasis on your audio? If you like the smooth full sound, JL is your speaker, but I'd do the 770's instead of the m650 because of the 20% gain. If you like the tweeter high sound, xs650 is your cup of tea these things scream!! Both choices are excellent and it will have to be you who decides the speaker you like best... It's like comparing apples to apples here, instead of apples to dog poop, like if you said WS or JL compared to Rockford, Sony, fusion, MTX, ect... Just my opinion...
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-11-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
LOL, it's Ryan Xstar. He's famous! And buying another new star!

(keep the JL stuff)
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-11-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
What comes with the Barbed Wire Edition for 2013?
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-11-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
MC does not run their amps like that.

I.E.
4 In-Boats + Sub = M600/6
4 on the tower = M400/4
2 on the tower = M200/2
I guess it is better then they use to but still underpowered unless they are using MX650's in the cockpit. That amp is rated at 75 watts a channell at 14.4v(while the boat is running) and 60 at resting voltage.

Alan, do you know what series of speakers MC uses on the interior? MX650, M650, M770?
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-11-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
clearly a joke thread
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
clearly a joke thread
Don't ruin the fun! I would go with whichever speakers don't hang as low.... it would be a shame if they got in the way of your gymnastics.

... Heck pretty soon Lon will be in here getting his hybrid 2013 X-St80r.
Old    Alan Slabaugh (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-11-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
Interior speakers are M770's

7.7" 2-way marine speakers (pair)
injection-molded, mica-filled polypropylene woofer with synthetic rubber surround
1" silk dome tweeter
2-way crossover attached to the woofer basket
UV- and corrosion-resistant Centrex polymer baskets and grilles
designed for free-air applications (no enclosures needed)
power range: 40-100 watts RMS (175 watts peak power)
frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz
sensitivity: 91.0 dB
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-11-2012, 12:07 PM Reply   
Dang, it is ryan xstar. Not sure it is a joke thread though.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2012, 12:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dang, it is ryan xstar. Not sure it is a joke thread thoug
one post... seems fishy.
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-11-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Chatt i was going to ask the same thing! so ryanxstar what kind of "customizations" are you getting done for this one? is it going to have actual barbed wire on this one instead of just a paint job?? don't even think about the angel fart/mosquito repelant/dvd player with screen/pop up cleat!! we'll have to charge you big time for that thing!
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-11-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
number of posts... 1... this has got to be a joke,
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-11-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
The twitter handle seams real, but you'd think if this was really barbed wire xstar ryan, he would have bragged about his boat on his twitter feed at some point.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2012, 12:19 PM Reply   
... my guess is someone found the add he posted to craigslist selling his old boat... and ran with the info from there.
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-11-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
Man if i were that kid and i was getting a new "customized" 2013 xstar, I would never come on here with ryan and xstar in my names on here. itd be like Bob or something.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-11-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
Damn. This really may not be a joke. Look at this guy's twitter picture and compare it to the pictures of the guy who got the barbed wire boat back in '05. That's the same dude.

http://twitter.com/ryanschwartz1


http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...73163196ZdCLoy

Either this is real, or some troll did his homework!
Attached Images
 
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-11-2012, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
The twitter handle seams real, but you'd think if this was really barbed wire xstar ryan, he would have bragged about his boat on his twitter feed at some point.
And why would he be asking about in boat speakers first?
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-11-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
Man, if we can get MHunter and XStarRyan to face off in a G23 v. XStar battle, this forum may literally implode.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-11-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
And why would he be asking about in boat speakers first?
...If this was a troll. It seems like a legitimate question for someone getting a new boat. Come on Ryan, chime in.
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-11-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Just because this guy has one post doesnt mean anything...if he hasn't posted since that thread then he would have 0 posts. Remember when they switched servers? Everyone's post count went to 0 didn't it?
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2012, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Remember when they switched servers? Everyone's post count went to 0 didn't it?
Remember when a level 10 gymnast was the single greatest thread in WW history?!
Old    The Truth (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-11-2012, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
getting a 2013 custom xstar!!
awww. CONDOLENCES from ALL of us at WAKEWORLD

Last edited by boomshot; 07-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old    Murphy Smith (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-11-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
What comes with the Barbed Wire Edition for 2013?
Barb Wire Edition...

Old    The Truth (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-11-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Judging by the pics of him riding (off his webshots page) LESSONS, should come with a 2013 X-Star.
Old    Ryan Schwartz (XStar05)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
First of all thanks for everyone that legitimately applied. Yes, it's the same Ryan with the Barbed wire X Star.

I am getting a new Xstar. I'm going to go with the XS over the JL, thanks Truekaotik for the input.



I've learned a trick a two since the last time I posted pictures
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-11-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan could you plz post that good old thread of yours so some of us could be brought up to speed
Old    Ryan Schwartz (XStar05)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
One of them has been deleted.. however I did find this one...

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...hlight=XStar05
Old    David (whelchel86)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-11-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
I love these threads
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-11-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
Good Sport
Old    Diggs (pdxWAKE) (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
Welcome back RyanXstar!!!!! Man I still wish I had your life!!!! You are famous!
Congrats on a new Xstar!
Old    Ryan Schwartz (XStar05)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
Why does my join date say 2010 I feel as if I lost some fame...

It's been awhile. How is everyone?
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-11-2012, 2:50 PM Reply   
Does the new boat come with pee bottles? I've heard those are critical.
Old    Broc Schall (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
Ryan you should see if theyll throw in a new setup with your new boat. If i was you id be stoked.. barbed wire and all
Old    The Truth (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-11-2012, 3:00 PM Reply   
What the **** do you mean by "custom"?
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-11-2012, 3:01 PM Reply   
This is great!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-11-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
It would be sweet if they could get urs out ahead of Travis, Rusty & Harleys boats! How sweet would that be to say you got yours before team riders.

And what will be custom about it?
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2012, 3:27 PM Reply   
Don't you know. Every new X star is custom......... A custom non working, trouble shooting nightmare each with its own custom horror story. Good luck man. I would have bought a g23. Mc hasn't figured out how to get a 2012 out the door with working plug and play, surf tabs, perfect pass, or a tower with no issues. Same ol' same ol'. They are not the same mc boats of the past.


And most of all..........welcome back
Old    C.I.E. J-Rod (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
wow. Incredible amount of **** talking.

Congrats on the new boat.
Old    Bcd D (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-11-2012, 3:45 PM Reply   
Similar discussion on teamtalk (speakers not ryan_xstar05):
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=49236

If I were you, I'd stay with the JL in boat speakers, and not order the tower speakers and subs. The in boat speakers are hard to beat, if powered correctly. You can put your own sub, rev 8s for the tower (don't think rev10s fit on the new towers), and amps that are way better than factory and a lot cheaper.

That is if you have any money left after your new X Star and fueling up the yacht. Sorry couldn't resist...
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-11-2012, 4:31 PM Reply   
another "one of a kind" for you?
Old    Tim White (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-11-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
I am not 100% how the 2013 X Star is set up but most MC use the 7.7 in a component set up with separate tweeter.

They may have changed to the coax mount.

We have just released our new XS-808 8 inch convertible marine speaker. (SW-808 as well) They can be mounted as a coaxial or as a component set with the separate tweeter. I will have them on our site tomarrow so you can check out the dimensions on cut out and OD to see if they will fit.

Would give you the cone area of a 8 inch versus the 6.5 inch off the XS-650.

Congrats on the new boat!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-11-2012, 6:51 PM Reply   
Maybe I missed it but did they ever get the 13 star dialed in ? You have some deep pockets or big ones to buy a boat with no proven track record . Well congratulations I hope it all works out for you. Can you give a hint as to what the boat even cost?
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-11-2012, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Maybe I missed it but did they ever get the 13 star dialed in ? You have some deep pockets or big ones to buy a boat with no proven track record . Well congratulations I hope it all works out for you. Can you give a hint as to what the boat even cost?
Hi Mhunter, the new Star is dialed in. This is evidenced by the plethora of new tricks that have been landed behind it this year in the PWT. Is the G23 in production yet? Does it have a track record? Give Ryan a break. He's half your age, with twice your money. Stop drinking the "haterade," and let a playa play!
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-11-2012, 7:13 PM Reply   
Haha no problem Ryan! There sure are alot of haters on this site...
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2012, 7:56 PM Reply   
They may finally have te wake dialed but I was at the 2 nd and 3rd stop and it was piss poor. The same tricks are going on behind other mfg boats too they just are not sponsoring the pro tour sobthats why there is bo hype. Mc i the king of marketing and spin, and now these days making claims te trucks are purely due to their new boat. That's absolute bs. No doubt the wake will be good but mc is not the construction masterpiece it once was. It's July and mc still has no remedy for re 2012 issues or some of the 11 issues. Get used to driving by feel and filling up you sacs with throbover pumps. I can tell you I know at least 8 die hard mc guys that have flown the coupe for Nauti these days. Bling gets old after you stare at a non working computer nightmare of a boat that u spent over 100k on that still needs to be fine tuned like a budget boat for issues and recalls.

You may want to take a peek at the Teamtalk site and decide for yourself. There is sOmerhong to be said for the lack of a 2012 X Star

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-11-2012 at 8:04 PM.
Old    Ryan Schwartz (XStar05)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2012, 8:05 PM Reply   
Is it worth considering the G23 over the new Xstar?
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-11-2012, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStar05 View Post
Is it worth considering the G23 over the new Xstar?
Oh snap...did you just ask that? Hit up the other threads on the G23 for yourself. This thread will go off topic in a second. Go with what you like, but youll prob get a G23 sooner than the Xstar. Seeing your old boat, it looks like you like the wow factor and to me personally...the G23 has that. Just my opinion
Old    TN22            07-11-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
After seeing the wake pics in the new Supra thread I would throw that one in there too
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2012, 8:34 PM Reply   
Having just been in one , watched its performance , and going through it with a fine tooth comb absolutely youre crazy not to if you are considering dropping your cash on the Star. In my opinion the g23 had the most well thought out design to date. There are gas shocks and hinges on every friking seat you lift up. The storage areas are crazy big I mean crazy they boat is humongous yet you sit in the drivers console and it feels like a wakeboat not a spaceship. Their tower was simple and easy to use. The in floor cooler storage is even insulated. I am a huge fan of the walk through and the Feau teak vs carpet.

It ain't my money and I will never be able to afford either so you do what makes you the most satisfied. But if you are strictly buying an MC after ownning them and didn't even give the Nauti g23 a look your selling yourself short. Just my .02 after having a family that's owned 10 mc's. Most recently with a cousin owning a 2012 x25.
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-11-2012, 9:24 PM Reply   
I'd agree that the G23 is a much better boat. But I think the Star is and always will be the boat that turns the most heads. MC's mammoth propaganda machine would have it no other way.
Old    Jay (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-12-2012, 2:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStar05 View Post
Is it worth considering the G23 over the new Xstar?
Most definitely is worth it. Have had mine for just about 2 weeks now. I don't wanna hijack this thread, so if you want pics or have questions about anything check out the other threads on here or shoot me a message.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793012
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-12-2012, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
Hi Mhunter, the new Star is dialed in. This is evidenced by the plethora of new tricks that have been landed behind it this year in the PWT. Is the G23 in production yet? Does it have a track record? Give Ryan a break. He's half your age, with twice your money. Stop drinking the "haterade," and let a playa play!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyD View Post
I'd agree that the G23 is a much better boat. But I think the Star is and always will be the boat that turns the most heads. MC's mammoth propaganda machine would have it no other way.
You posts are confusing . It seems you both love and hate both depending on the what others post . Do you have any opinion of your own or are you a go with the floe kind of guy.
I think the best advice is to check out ALL brands in your area . The best boat is the one that works best for you . That may not be the same as me or anybody else. Good luck with whatever you buy I hope it all works out for you.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-12-2012, 5:31 AM Reply   
New XStar + XStarRyan + G23 + MHunter:

Old    The Truth (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-12-2012, 5:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Having just been in one , watched its performance , and going through it with a fine tooth comb absolutely youre crazy not to if you are considering dropping your cash on the Star. In my opinion the g23 had the most well thought out design to date. There are gas shocks and hinges on every friking seat you lift up. The storage areas are crazy big I mean crazy they boat is humongous yet you sit in the drivers console and it feels like a wakeboat not a spaceship. Their tower was simple and easy to use. The in floor cooler storage is even insulated. I am a huge fan of the walk through and the Feau teak vs carpet.

It ain't my money and I will never be able to afford either so you do what makes you the most satisfied. But if you are strictly buying an MC after ownning them and didn't even give the Nauti g23 a look your selling yourself short. Just my .02 after having a family that's owned 10 mc's. Most recently with a cousin owning a 2012 x25.
Why can't people write in a semi-readable way? There are good points being made here, but it took me like 3 re-reads to get what he was saying. Between the malapropisms and the lack of punctuation, this reads like a kid wrote it or someone fat fingered it on their phone. I'm just saying. Not to be a grammar nazi, but what the hell?
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-12-2012, 5:43 AM Reply   
definitely need to test them both out and compare for yourself. they are both sweetboats. but if i had the money to go between the two, my choice would be the G23. I just like the interior of the thing, the wake always looks amazing and i think it looks better, but that's just me. it looks like it has a crap ton more room too. more usable room, not just bow room. and definitely more storage. But that's just my opinion.
Old    Swatguy (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-12-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
Ha......... Well you are partly right my thumbs suck and to top it off I have a new phone that i hate. This iphone's screen is so small. I never proof read anyways as i didnt realize I was being graded. I am also doped up on norco after quad, sports hernia surgery. Yea u read that right......4 different tears............so my balls feel like they are in a vice and weigh 50lbs each.

Last edited by xstarrider; 07-12-2012 at 7:01 AM.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-12-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
NewXstar + XstarRyan + G23 + MHunter + Chattwake + A22 . We all have our favorites dont we?
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-12-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
I still can't believe nobody has told him to go look at a MB....
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-12-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
You posts are confusing . It seems you both love and hate both depending on the what others post . Do you have any opinion of your own or are you a go with the floe kind of guy.
I think the best advice is to check out ALL brands in your area . The best boat is the one that works best for you . That may not be the same as me or anybody else. Good luck with whatever you buy I hope it all works out for you.
My posts may be confusing to you but I think everyone else has it figured out.
Old    Murphy Smith (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-12-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
2013 Xstar versus an MB....if money is not issue - that's a pretty easy choice
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-12-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
^^it was a joke, i forgot to use my sarcasm font! my bad
Old    J.B. O'Neill (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-12-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
um do you want to be friends? i will gladly shred with you on your new xstar!
Old    Mark V (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-12-2012, 10:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
NewXstar + XstarRyan + G23 + MHunter + Chattwake + A22 . We all have our favorites dont we?
So true
Old    Jon Hunter (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2012, 11:02 AM Reply   
It's funny the people that complain about MB getting brought up in every thread are the ones that bring it up.
Old    Brendan (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
My vote is for the MasterCraft 300, why go cheap?
http://www.mastercraft.com/300/
Old    Jon Hunter (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kybool View Post
My vote is for the MasterCraft 300, why go cheap?
http://www.mastercraft.com/300/
Because you would have a wake like this.
Attached Images
 
Old    Andrew Simmons (Andrew14)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-12-2012, 11:36 AM Reply   
As the hating continues on XstarRyan (although not nearly as bad as I thought it would be), we should at least consider one point. Dude has had the same boat since posting on here 7 years ago - even though it was crazy expensive, I think he does deserve some props/respect for that. A completely spoiled kid would have a different $100k+ boat every year (I know I would have if I were fortunate enough to have that kind of coin). How many of us have the same boat back from the original legendary XstarRyan thread? I know I've had several boats since then - just a thought. He seems like a good sport and was brave enough to come back for more.....

XstarRyan - I don't think you can go wrong with either the G23/new Star. They are both incredible in their own ways - I agree with some of the others on here that you would probably find the G23 to your liking as well (among other things, its a pretty flashy, eye catching boat). Spend some time on PlanetNautique - there are some excellent write-ups on that boat along with some great pictures. Have fun with your boat shopping - it should be one of the most enjoyable aspects of this sport and fun is what wakeboarding/boating should be all about.
Old    Brendan (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-12-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
Because you would have a wake like this.
Awesome, that doesn't look too fun. But with 10,000 lbs of ballast on the master bedroom floor....
Old    Jon Hunter (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2012, 11:54 AM Reply   
People stare when you take her to lunch though.
Attached Images
 
Old    Paul (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-12-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
I saw a few of those for sale on boattrader. They are asking WAY to much money for them. One was asking close to $400K if I remember right. You would be a fool to spend that on a 30 ft boat.
Old    Chance Alex (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-12-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Might as well look at the Bu 247 MXZ with Plug and Play and Surfgate if we are up in those price ranges! haha

Oh.... and MB of course ha
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-12-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
It's funny the people that complain about MB getting brought up in every thread are the ones that bring it up.
once again it was a joke. never even been in an mb.
Old    Ryan Schwartz (XStar05)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
Sticking with the Xstar. I will admit the x300 is a cool boat, but that will be the boat to get after the Xstar.

The G23 looks to be a cool boat, however it's not a MC.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-12-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
Lol...ok if thats how u pick boats than more power to you.
Old    D Hill (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-12-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew14 View Post
As the hating continues on XstarRyan (although not nearly as bad as I thought it would be), we should at least consider one point. Dude has had the same boat since posting on here 7 years ago - even though it was crazy expensive, I think he does deserve some props/respect for that. A completely spoiled kid would have a different $100k+ boat every year (I know I would have if I were fortunate enough to have that kind of coin). How many of us have the same boat back from the original legendary XstarRyan thread? I know I've had several boats since then - just a thought. He seems like a good sport and was brave enough to come back for more.....

XstarRyan - I don't think you can go wrong with either the G23/new Star. They are both incredible in their own ways - I agree with some of the others on here that you would probably find the G23 to your liking as well (among other things, its a pretty flashy, eye catching boat). Spend some time on PlanetNautique - there are some excellent write-ups on that boat along with some great pictures. Have fun with your boat shopping - it should be one of the most enjoyable aspects of this sport and fun is what wakeboarding/boating should be all about.
Tons of hate spewed on these forums and I'd like to compliment, and agree with, the post above. It's good to call someone out when they deserve, but too many are instigating the arguments.
Old    Chattwake (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-12-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...799#post226799

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...4192#post94192

Out of curiousity, why such brand loyalty? Did MC end up fixing the issues with your last boat? I can understand being loyal to a company that stands behind its products. I had some major issues with an xstar I owned second hand a looooooong time ago, and MC and no obligation to fix it for free, but that's exactly what happened.

Last edited by chattwake; 07-12-2012 at 1:53 PM.
Old    Ryan Schwartz (XStar05)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
I do have a level of respect and brand loyalty to MC. After my issues with my barbwire Xstar MC stepped up to the plate and gave me a brand new boat. I am happy to stick up for them as they did me right.

Last edited by XStar05; 07-12-2012 at 2:25 PM.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us