Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-20-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
The pace of that first qtr was amazing last night, great basketball. Thunder have their hands full with way too much Lebron James. He has had an incredible series. I think the officials are quite aware they are playing in Miami. There were a couple calls almost back to back in the third that were hard to believe did not get called. First Westbrook and then Durant got clobbered by the Heat, no calls. The thunder were so good at closing games in the reg season and the playoffs...til the finals. Miami who hasnt been so good at closing...has been closing very well. I'll be shocked if the Thunder cant get this back to OKC.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-20-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
^^^^
Joke.

Give me a break man... Last night, Westbrook rarely got touched. He's just to dang quick. When he makes his move, he's simply blowing people away... they aren't getting a hand on him. That was an amazing performance. Unfortunately for them, he had zero help... and teams historically don't win with high scoring point guards.
And Durant hasn't been playing aggressively at all. Of course they don't get the calls LBJ and Wade get... they're playing a completely different style of hoops.

I also disagree with you on LeBron being gutless. If you cramp up and can't walk, that's it. You come out of the game wether you like it or not... or else you hurt your team. The fact that he tried to stay in shows his guts... and if you don't buy that, how bout the 3 he hit? Took the lead and they never gave it up after that. Not too gutless, eh? Especially for a guy everyone says shrinks from the big shot moments.
Westrbook got hit everytime he got to the basket. The guards he blows by dont foul him, the bigs at the rim do. He always gets hit or pushed. Calls dwade and LBJ would get all day.

Durant got mugged on three different occasions last night. It was a joke.


LBJ is gutless. Come big time moments what he do? Pass to dwade. Some MVP.... As for his "cramp" wow. Trips over his own feet, goes down. Embarrassed about it so doesnt go back on defense, manages to get the ball backed and seemed just as normal as ever scoring that little running layup. Then hes hurt.

That was one of the most embarrassing moments I have ever seen in professional sports. The MVP, the best player in the NBA, the chosen one, the king.... sitting on the sidelines refusing to check in.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-20-2012, 1:40 PM Reply   
^And then he came back in and hit a clutch three. They won and took a 3-1 lead. I can see if they lost the game, but they won. You are just regurgitating the same things you say about Kobe. Try something new.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-20-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
^And then he came back in and hit a clutch three. They won and took a 3-1 lead. I can see if they lost the game, but they won. You are just regurgitating the same things you say about Kobe. Try something new.
Kobe is no where near gutless. That dude wants the ball come big moments.

LBJ wants dwade to do all that... Gutless.

There is no way that miami should be taking 30 more free throws than OKC. They both got to the line a ton in the regular season. Its just absurd officiating.

Ill say this, if the obvious foul on LBJ was called in game two this series is different.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-20-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
We can disect the calls from the refs from any game, in any sport and find missed or bogus calls. Human's aren't perfect.

"Ill say this, if the obvious foul on LBJ was called in game two this series is different."

That's speculation.

"LBJ wants dwade to do all that... Gutless."

I guess that was Dwade burying that clutch 3 last night.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-20-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
Have you watched any of the playoffs? LBJ wants nothing to do with the big moments.

Congrats he hit a three, that he shouldnt have even taken. Wasnt the most important shot of the night.

Sure refs are going to make mistakes. But the NBA has to be aware that the Heat have taken 30 more free throws than OKC. That shouldnt happen. Fouls per game should be damn near even.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-20-2012, 2:33 PM Reply   
Oh, I get it... you're trolling. I should have paid more attention in previous NBA threads. My bad. Carry on.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
LBJ wants nothing to do with the big moments.
I'm seeing just the opposite. LBJ has taken/made the big shots and mostly been the guy with the ball at the end whether off the glass, from the line or behind the three point line. it feels like D Wade (who I love) has been (save for the last couple games) passing when he should be driving or shooting.
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-20-2012, 2:52 PM Reply   
"Sure refs are going to make mistakes. But the NBA has to be aware that the Heat have taken 30 more free throws than OKC. That shouldnt happen. Fouls per game should be damn near even."

good grief. I hate agreeing with Eric on anything. but yes, this is out of control. its not as bad as 2006, but it is getting ridiculous to watch these games be so one sided when it comes to the fouling. how often do the announcers question the officiating? they are told by the producers and the league to not question officiating in any sport. Van Gundy has been all over the officials this series. there is a reason for that.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-20-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I'm seeing just the opposite. LBJ has taken/made the big shots and mostly been the guy with the ball at the end whether off the glass, from the line or behind the three point line. it feels like D Wade (who I love) has been (save for the last couple games) passing when he should be driving or shooting.
LBJ took that bank shot ( which was a big time shot) not because he wanted to but because he had to, the shot clock was running out.

Shooting free throws is big time!?!?! Yikes. I shot 92% from the line in college. Making a Free Throw is no where near a big time shot.

The Three? LBJ had no business even taking it. Hes a clown of a shooter. Shooting in that situation is a weak way out. On top of that it wasn't the biggest shot in the game.


Train - its about time you jumped on board.
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-20-2012, 10:10 PM Reply   
Keep your erection in your pants dude. Dont expect it to happen again. I still despise your ridiculous arrogance and utter lack of any sense of reality.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Three? LBJ had no business even taking it. Hes a clown of a shooter.
FG % 3-Point %
Lebron .483 .331
Michael J. .497 .327
Kobe .453 .337

....Not sure "clown" is the right word.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-21-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
LBJ is shooting like 26% from deep these playoffs.

Mario Chalmers had bigger shots than the leagues MVP last game.

LBJ is one of the best athletes ive ever seen. But the dude doesnt have the it factor. He just doesnt. He never has, theres a reason he couldnt beat me in highschool. Theres a reason he ran to Dwade. Theres a reason he ended up "hurt". Gutless MVP.
Old    Nick Tomsyck (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2012, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
LBJ is shooting like 26% from deep these playoffs.
\
I posted career numbers, those have a little more weight to them.... otherwise I'll make the argument that Chris Bosh shooting 50% from 3-point land is one of the greatest of all time in the finals.... stupid.

If we're using stats, don't pick and choose small samples.

Quote:
theres a reason he couldnt beat me in highschool.
There is also a reason he has made over $100,000,000 and has us talking about him.... while you troll on a wakeboard forum. Glad you highschool BBall paid off!
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-21-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
"But the dude doesnt have the it factor. He just doesnt. He never has, theres a reason he couldnt beat me in highschool."

You sound like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite.
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-21-2012, 11:48 AM Reply   
No kidding, "you wanna see my video tape??"


Hate on lebron all you want.... he's got just a few records....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...y_LeBron_James

one that's not on there is one that i heard last night on sportscenter....he has tied the record for most consecutive 25 pt playoff games with.......wait for it...... HIMSELF!! if he gets 25 tonight he'll break his own record on that one.... hate on... but that man can play. i'd love to see some of y'all with a full leg cramp to get back on the field or court that quick (sorry i was a soccer player so "field" comes to mind for me...)
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-21-2012, 12:24 PM Reply   
Once again you pawns overlook points.

I come on here and state facts. You dont like my facts.

Lets recap.

- LBJ is the best player in the NBA. Fact.
- LBJ is gutless. Fact.
- LBJ is not a great shooter. Fact

Take my NBA wisdom and run with it, for I have enlightened you all... Once again.

LBJ is in serious trouble. He may retire with one ring. The Durant era isnt here yet but its close.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-21-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
Haha, "LBJ is in serious trouble"...Durant and OKC have LeBron just where they want him...up 3-1 in a best of seven at home
Cmon OKC, lets get this show back home and its homecourt advantage Thunder.
Old    Darren Lamont (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-21-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
I really hope LBJ hits a last second shot to win tonight so we can put this "LBJ is gutless" to rest.

No matter what LBJ does, scores 100, and wins the game himself, people will still hate on him.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-21-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlamont View Post
I really hope LBJ hits a last second shot to win tonight so we can put this "LBJ is gutless" to rest.

No matter what LBJ does, scores 100, and wins the game himself, people will still hate on him.
Hallelujah! Holy ***! Wheres the Tylenol?
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-21-2012, 7:27 PM Reply   
Name:  Uncle_Rico.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  8.5 KB
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-21-2012, 8:13 PM Reply   
Wow...i hope you OKC guys rooting against Lebron & crew dont drink yourselves to the grave tonight!

Mike Miller crippled body and all is off the hook tonight
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-21-2012, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Wow...i hope you OKC guys rooting against Lebron & crew dont drink yourselves to the grave tonight!

Mike Miller crippled body and all is off the hook tonight
Whose rooting against LBJ?
Old    Train (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-21-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
Refs were terrible again.
Much like the red sox when they finally won in 2004, we should not have to hear anymore about lebrons failings. He stepped up big time in these finals. I still dont like him, but glad he actually got a ring.
Okc will be back. They win it all next year.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-21-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
Triple-double in the clinching game. Sounds gutless.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-21-2012, 9:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Triple-double in the clinching game. Sounds gutless.
Being good and being gutless are two different animals.

LBJ is very good, the best in the league.

Oscar Robinson is a great comparison to LBJ. One of the best ever, just dominated the stat sheet. But didnt have the IT.
Old    Cliff (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-21-2012, 9:18 PM Reply   
I hate the Heat.
I lost all respect for Wade and James last year when they acted like punks off the court.
This year.....refs and NBA obviously wanted Miami to win. They ought to at least try to disguise it.

But, I actually gained some respect for James this year. On the court, all through the playoffs, he performed like a hall of fame player.


that was difficult to say...
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-21-2012, 9:31 PM Reply   
I sort of get what you're trying to say here... but the fact is he had IT in this series. He's definitely the most talented baller in the league, and when he realized that all that talent wasn't enough, he set his will in motion as well. He pushed himself harder, and he pushed his squad harder. Definitely MVP. and most definitely NOT gutless.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-22-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
On the court, gotta love James and Wade. Off the court, they wear hipster glasses with no lenses. Tools.
Old    Darrel F (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-22-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Congrats to the Heat, Lebron, Wade, chris Bosh, Reggie Miller..er a Mike Miller and Heat fans. and yeah, not easy to spit out.
Early third qtr, and the thunder were about to get it down to 3 and all hell broke loose. Game over. Sometimes its just the other teams night and that was Miami's nite. I think that last years finals loss was a big motivating factor that the Thunder couldnt draw from. Anyway, The best player in the game today has one ring, Wade two and yeah^^^still tools.
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-22-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
LBJ is shooting like 26% from deep these playoffs.
Yeah and i shot 100% from three in one game in high school. Small sample sizes dont matter career stats matter and he is right there with the rest.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-22-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
Well I couldn't be more than happy with the outcome. I made $50 and the Ex losses out in the end. Lebron had a pertty amazing serious and should have, though likely diodn't, shut up his critics.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-22-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Kendrick Perkins played with a partially torn groin in the final three rounds of the playoffs... LBJ sat due to fatigue.
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-22-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartt3 View Post
Yeah and i shot 100% from three in one game in high school. Small sample sizes dont matter career stats matter and he is right there with the rest.
Big time IT players elevate their games in big moments... aka the playoffs.
Old    Rich (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-22-2012, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Big time IT players elevate their games in big moments... aka the playoffs.
In Game 1, he dropped 30. In Game 2, 32. In Game 3, 29. In Game 4, James was up to 21 before cramps-gate. Even sitting out the final 55 seconds, he netted a team-high 26.

In the title-clinching Game 5? Again for 26... along with 11 rebounds and 13 assists. Finals bests in all three categories. Game=elevated.

But yeah, the glasses without lenses thing is just stupid. (except the Dwayne Wayne specs... mad respect for those. :-)

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:58 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us