After years behind a Chapparral I/O, I have finally upgraded to a big boy toy. 2006 Supra 24SSV GG Edition with the Indmar 340hp.
Loving it! Except...
The factory installed PP 6.5g Wakeboard Pro system doesn't hold when in Wakeboard mode. Traded a bunch of emails with PP support but still haven't quite resolved. Here's what's up:
- RPM mode holds nearly perfectly (+/- 40 RPM)
- Wakeboard mode cruising or pulling 2 tubes w/ empty ballast holds within .2 mph
- Wakeboard mode with ballast's ~50% full and pulling a boarder is terrible. Constantly up/down +/- 4 mph
- boat speedomoter calibrated to match my phone's GPS app. PP speedo reads +2 mph up until about 25mph, then reads lower than actual once boat reaches about 30 mph. By the time boat reaches 46mph, PP speedo reads mid-30's
- paddlewheel on hull intact and spins freely
- replaced the spring that pulls back servo cable (although I think old spring was fine)
- lubed the cable (though it moved pretty freely)
- verified no sharp bends or rubbing or obstructions in servo and throttle cabling
- all diagnostics of servo and computer match behavior of video/docs provided from PP... except servo wind in sometimes just a touch "jumpy"
- PP display does sometimes appear as though LCD is getting weak (eg. old pixels not cleared off the screen)
Anybody experienced this and have any advice?
One final question... I do notice that the first couple times I use PP, it takes a couple minutes to "dial in" the right speed or rpm after engaging. For example, choose 2800 rpm it will bounce +/- 200 rpm for 30 seconds, then +/- 100 rpm for 30 seconds, then +/- 50 rpm, then be steady. Same with mph in Wakeboard mode (with no ballast or boarder). Guessing this is to be expected and is simply the PP "learning" the boat's current weight setup. Or maybe it has something to do with my issues above? Since I have NO experience with PP, not quite sure what to expect...
Thanks a lot for any input you may have!