Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-06-2012, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
Yeah, and some guys like mini vans, Ill take the Ferrari
Me to unless I needed to transport a family of 5 and go shopping. But if you are only going to park it in a garage [party cove] and look at it then I suppose the looks is what matters most .
Old    The Truth (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-06-2012, 3:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Is that why we have seen so many build threads? Or are the owners so proud of their boats they don't waste their time on WW?
I don't know what you mean, or what your point is.
To be honest, I am collecting pictures of all G23's built, and I only know of 7 completed boats!

And I may be off by 2.
Old    Lionel (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-06-2012, 11:09 PM Reply   
What's up with this rumor?

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/..._fromsearch__1
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-07-2012, 12:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kybool View Post
Biased censorship for marketing purposes disqualifies them from being a credible forum. Just shut it down.
Totally disagree. Mastercraft, Nautique, Malibu, etc. all deserve their own forums as they are a great way for their boats owners to share brand and model specific information - stuff like repair tips, how a particular feature functions, or a local repair shop or dealers reputation. Many owners will also trade non-specific information similar to what you find here because they develop a kinship with other forum users or just don't want to monitor two forums. Manufacturers are encouraged to do this to create a better ownership experience and brand loyalty for their customers, and of course it's their right not to have post inflammatory information. Many companies, not just boats, do the same thing and none of them are completely uncensored... And that's totally fair. Most try to allow healthy criticism and disagreement for fear of alienating their existing customers by creating the impressn the company lies or is untrustworthy.

Wakeworld could do something similar - have specific sections for each manufacturer where owners share brand specific repairs and advice. It would have the advantae of being completely unbiased, but I have an idea it would spiral downhill very quickly as brand haters would like bombard the other manufactuerer sections. I think in the end it makes much more sense for each manufacturer to have their own site and police it as they think appropriate.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-07-2012, 4:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Me to unless I needed to transport a family of 5 and go shopping. But if you are only going to park it in a garage [party cove] and look at it then I suppose the looks is what matters most .
It makes sense that you would drive a minivan...which reminds me:

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-07-2012, 6:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
Id start a new thread prob to keep this on topic. Oh hell i just realized the guys are already bickering about minivans so hey why not stay in the thread.

Id venture to say this was one of the first few boats out that the riders have and is also used as a demo boat. If theres been 7 boats made I see tht none have made their way to an actual customer yet.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-07-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Totally disagree. Mastercraft, Nautique, Malibu, etc. all deserve their own forums as they are a great way for their boats owners to share brand and model specific information - stuff like repair tips, how a particular feature functions, or a local repair shop or dealers reputation. Many owners will also trade non-specific information similar to what you find here because they develop a kinship with other forum users or just don't want to monitor two forums. Manufacturers are encouraged to do this to create a better ownership experience and brand loyalty for their customers, and of course it's their right not to have post inflammatory information. Many companies, not just boats, do the same thing and none of them are completely uncensored... And that's totally fair. Most try to allow healthy criticism and disagreement for fear of alienating their existing customers by creating the impressn the company lies or is untrustworthy.

Wakeworld could do something similar - have specific sections for each manufacturer where owners share brand specific repairs and advice. It would have the advantae of being completely unbiased, but I have an idea it would spiral downhill very quickly as brand haters would like bombard the other manufactuerer sections. I think in the end it makes much more sense for each manufacturer to have their own site and police it as they think appropriate.
Totally agree that brand specific sites have their place. But the user experience is much better when it's uncensored. Themalibucrew, for instance, is not owned by Malibu and there are PLENTY of critical threads there.

When a manufacturer deletes or prohibits threads that are critical of the brand, it makes it LOOK like there is something to hide (whether there is something to hide or not).
Old    The Truth (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-07-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
I believe that none of the G23's have reached a customer yet - all have been test mules, run & junks, or team boats.
A couple are close to going out though.
I know nothing of "grenading" transmissions.
I know for certain that there was an issue with one of the 2 first boats everyone saw. Nobody was talking about what exactly happened.
Whispers of engine problems was all I ever got. Which is no biggie if you think about it.

Last edited by boomshot; 06-07-2012 at 6:48 AM.
Old    Bryan James (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Im courious to see if some people on this forum will continue to point the spot light at the X-Star wake, but turn a blind eye to potential hull cracks and transmission failiures on the G23.

Lets face it, I see no differece between both boats. They are both brand new high end designs that Im pretty confidnt will both experience growing pains.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-07-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
So the 1st boat off the pre production line loaded w/ 10,000lbs of ballast, gear & people the weekend before was probably the culprit messing up the tranny. Better to catch it on boat #1 a month before actual production begins.

Im not taking sides but i think they still hadnt put the boat through the hard runs yet and luckily they had the backup green/black one w/ the 550 at the stop.
Old    KP (tke104)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-07-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
I can't get over how forward-looking the design of the G23 is. Especially in that similar shot to the X-Star.

The X-Star looks like a nice iterative jump over the last X-Star and maybe most boats, even the Super Air Nautique 230 and the Wakesetters.

But the G23 isn't iterative. It looks like Correct Craft said "f#ck it, we're doing it like this now."

...and for that, they won big. Payoff is already happening. My little bird says they can't make them fast enough and have needed to double-up on quality assurance because the few G23's they are building, they are building fast. Faster than they've ever bult boats, he said.
I agree that the G23 is not an iteration of the 230 or 210; however, it definitely follows the same general lines, save for the bow, of CC's newer boats, i.e. the 200 and sport 200. I really like the way that they are going with their styling (more angles, less curves), as opposed to the rounded stern boats like this guy:

Old    9Drozd            06-07-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
As far as motor/transmission trouble, Point the finger at PCM. Nautique does not make, machine, or assemble motors in their boats. Same goes to every other manufacturer. Same would go for illmor if it happened in a MC. Thats not the boat manufacturer's fault. As far as the G23's rolling off the line, Buxton Marine here in Lewisville got one last week.
Old    Bryan James (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
As far as motor/transmission trouble, Point the finger at PCM. Nautique does not make, machine, or assemble motors in their boats. Same goes to every other manufacturer. Same would go for illmor if it happened in a MC. Thats not the boat manufacturer's fault. As far as the G23's rolling off the line, Buxton Marine here in Lewisville got one last week.
Reminds me of a Sea Ray or Chapperal
Old    Bryan James (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
As far as motor/transmission trouble, Point the finger at PCM. Nautique does not make, machine, or assemble motors in their boats. Same goes to every other manufacturer. Same would go for illmor if it happened in a MC. Thats not the boat manufacturer's fault. As far as the G23's rolling off the line, Buxton Marine here in Lewisville got one last week.
May not be the components, but its the implementation of a design that fall on the MFG. Just sayin
Old    The Truth (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-07-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tke104 View Post
I agree that the G23 is not an iteration of the 230 or 210; however, it definitely follows the same general lines, save for the bow, of CC's newer boats, i.e. the 200 and sport 200. I really like the way that they are going with their styling (more angles, less curves), as opposed to the rounded stern boats like this guy:
I don't see anything but a faint, passing family resemblance in the G23 - to anything currently in Correct Craft's model lineup. I can't put it any more simply than that. Only the graphics tie in to anything recent as far as I am concerned.
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-07-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Totally agree that brand specific sites have their place. But the user experience is much better when it's uncensored. Themalibucrew, for instance, is not owned by Malibu and there are PLENTY of critical threads there.

When a manufacturer deletes or prohibits threads that are critical of the brand, it makes it LOOK like there is something to hide (whether there is something to hide or not).
Wakeworld is not immune to censorship. I once had a thread deleted because a "third party" called and complained... so Dave killed it.

The bottom line is this... every forum owner has financial stakeholders and when we piss them off, cencorship will happen.
Old    Jimmy Winkle (jimmyd)      Join Date: Apr 2012       06-08-2012, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post
I believe that none of the G23's have reached a customer yet - all have been test mules, run & junks, or team boats.
A couple are close to going out though.
I know nothing of "grenading" transmissions.
I know for certain that there was an issue with one of the 2 first boats everyone saw. Nobody was talking about what exactly happened.
Whispers of engine problems was all I ever got. Which is no biggie if you think about it.
The minivan couldn't take corners when it was loaded up with precious cargo, so they needed to adjust a few things so that tug boat could turn.

Last edited by jimmyd; 06-08-2012 at 5:49 AM. Reason: spchk
Old    Chase Tillett (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-08-2012, 5:51 AM Reply   
New alliance video out with Harley riding...w2w double tantrum w2w crow 9..insanity
Old    Andrew Moreton (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-08-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Here's the link to the Alliance video if you don't want to search for it.

http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/har...-home-stretch/
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-08-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
That dude is dirty
Old    John (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-08-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
The G23 doesn't have it's own wedding cake topper yet does it?

New Xstar: 1 G23: 0

http://www.etsy.com/listing/98621612...earch_type=all

Sorry... Figured this thread has gone to sh*t anyways. I'm getting married and found this by accident. I apologize.

... although, looks like they accurately depicted the wake... j/p ; )

Last edited by stoked_32; 06-08-2012 at 2:42 PM.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            06-08-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
Im in the wrong business if theyre sellin that crap for $200!!

No wonder u guys r buying all these new boats all the time. Chatt prob sells these things as a hobby
Old    John (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-08-2012, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Im in the wrong business if theyre sellin that crap for $200!!

No wonder u guys r buying all these new boats all the time. Chatt prob sells these things as a hobby
Originally it was affordable, then she put the mastercraft logo on it.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 8:17 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us