Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Vic (vkkovach)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
To start off I have been lurking around for a while and finally signed up . Anyways I'm curious as to the price people are paying for the 23' MB (I know another one) I don't want it for free but don't want to over pay either! If you don't want it public feel free to email me at my screen name at yahoo
Thanks!!!
Vic
Old    Scott R (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-07-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Vic - What State are you in....if you have a dealer near you just talk to them. They are your best best. If not start calling around. Just bought a 21' widebody about a month back that way. Good luck!
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-07-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
In Cali I would think you could get a 23TWB for 55k before freight/prep/tax/license with the 343 motor, tandem trailer and the standard stuff(which is a lot, PP, tower, swivel racks, stereo, sub, amp, bimini, cover, ballast, etc...).

That is just a guess though.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-07-2012, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
In Cali I would think you could get a 23TWB for 55k before freight/prep/tax/license with the 343 motor, tandem trailer and the standard stuff(which is a lot, PP, tower, swivel racks, stereo, sub, amp, bimini, cover, ballast, etc...).

That is just a guess though.
Pretty sure I saw on here that Larsen's (Sacramento) boat show deal was $55K + tax out the door for a "base" 23 with 343. I'm relatively sure that all new boats are shipping with the indmar motors now, so that'd probably be the monsoon (or whatever they are going to call the knock-sensored 5.7 sbc for MB) as the base motor.

EDIT: Larsen's uses cheaper sportboat trailers, which, I think, is one of their strategies for keeping the price down. Here's the link to the sacto boat show thread from March: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792202

Some people would say you must have the wake plate with the 23, and others would say that the 23 needs the 409. I have neither on our 23 and it does just fine at 4,000', but I'm not running more than factory ballast either.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 06-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old    Mark (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-07-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Think the base 23 here is over 60K but they all have tandem boatmate trailers, and a few other options as standard from our dealer.
Old    Dave O (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 12:18 PM Reply   
dang we paid more than 55k for a 21B52 back in 2007. Starting to feel like I got shafted and it was a left over. 55k for a 23'MB is a good deal I would say. Considering other 23' boats are upwards towards 80-90k (malibu, MC, CC). What area of Cali are you in? The factory is down in Central Cali (modesto area) you should call them and see if you can do a factory tour then explain to them your ready to pull the trigger at a certain price for a certain boat. As long as you're reasonable you should be in a 23 rather quickly.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
I wouldn't say that is entirely accurate Dave. They are pretty swamped on production. Your best bet at getting an MB fast right now is buying dealer stock.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-07-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
crazy deal on a brand new 2011 leftover 21 here: http://www.salinasvalleymarine.com/n...74&pov=2094453
Old    Dave O (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
Ian, it's been awhile, used to work for an MB/Malibu dealer in Cali but moved to Orlando a year ago so I guess you could say I'm out of the loop. MB "from my experiences" has always been very good with their customers. Assuming a serious buyer called them I would imagine they'd do what it takes to move a boat (within reason, some of these guys just have no clue and offer insulting prices). Same goes for the dealer as well and I'd imagine the factory would refer them to a dealer anyways, but you just never know and why not put in the work to get the best deal. Either way, at 55k for a 23' MB is a pretty good deal IMO.
Old    Boarder 42 (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-07-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
Thats a really good deal on that boat shawn. Wish i had some money to upgrade.
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-07-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

Some people would say you must have the wake plate with the 23, and others would say that the 23 needs the 409. I have neither on our 23 and it does just fine at 4,000', but I'm not running more than factory ballast either.
After reading up some on the MB's I thought the consensus was the 21 need the trim plate more so then the 23 because the 21 had porpoising issues at higher speeds while the 23 doesn't.
Old    Vic (vkkovach)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
I'm going to order the boat with the 409 and cavitation plate but I know what those options cost. I just need a solid baseline on the boat so I get the right deal. After my demo I feel that the cavitation plate is a must. I'm coming from a moomba with the wake plate, I feel being able to "trim" it down in rough water really helps the ride quality. My demo on the MB was in the afternoon with white caps and it did very well but it should be excellent with the plate.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
Wasn't trying to knock on you at all Dave but I know there are several customers who have already ordered and a lot of dealers who are waiting for stock inventory. MB is at peak production and they are still back logged a bit. Heck, my boat doesn't even get sprayed till the end of this month! Needless to say they are having a great year.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-07-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Hi Ian, i thought you were rollin a Tigger these days? Did you decide to come back over to the dark side or what?

You guys can't be talking about prices like this.. I was going to try to sell Ian a 23WB for about $75k with the "Texas Package". ha
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-07-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
Hi Ian, i thought you were rollin a Tigger these days? Did you decide to come back over to the dark side or what?

You guys can't be talking about prices like this.. I was going to try to sell Ian a 23WB for about $75k with the "Texas Package". ha
That sounds more in line with what the MB dealer in Seattle is is selling his for. He is probably 60-65k for the base 23TWB. A loaded one(custom trailer, 409, wakeplate, tower speakers, custom gelcoat, etc) would probably be right around 70-75k.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-07-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
I can't really talk pricing out of respect for other dealers out there i was just teasing Ian and threw out $75 with a 343hp trying to be funny. I'll say that we run 18" Boatmates which add to the price and typically include tower speakers and our boats are definitely a bit higher than $55,000. That still puts them much lower than any other 23 out there that i'm aware of.....

We got a few 23's in Tuesday. We had been waiting a while so I respectfully agree with Ian as far as being able to get a boat quick from the factory. They are working overtime trying to keep up with demand at this point. The didn't realize how we roll in Texas.... j/k
Attached Images
     
Old    Aaron Douglas (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-07-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
Damn Craig, those are sexy!!! Might have to make the drive out from Tyler to look a little closer.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-07-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
Bring it on.. They would look good over there in Whitehouse, TX on Lake Tyler!
Old    Vic (vkkovach)      Join Date: May 2012       06-07-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
Hey Craig I'll take that middle boat 55k shipped to so cal?
I'll be waiting for it to arrive
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-07-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
You're gonna have to find a trailer and motor at $55k.. lol
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-07-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
I like the first one the best. Love the combo of white deck and front hull, black hull bottom and back with colored X. Looks the perfect combo of clean, classy and in your face.
Old    Craig Emerton (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-07-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
We sort of like our blacks and reds down here... Thanks Brett.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-07-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
Here is a good price on a 21' 11 brand new.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bod/3035420253.html

You can put the 12k you save twoards speakers, bags, and fuel
Old    Mark (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-07-2012, 4:42 PM Reply   
Wake dirt that is the same boat as shawndoggy posted above.

Craig I may have to come drive and test a 23 if we can work something like 55+trailer.
Old    Travis (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-07-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Pretty sure I saw on here that Larsen's (Sacramento) boat show deal was $55K + tax out the door for a "base" 23 with 343. I'm relatively sure that all new boats are shipping with the indmar motors now, so that'd probably be the monsoon (or whatever they are going to call the knock-sensored 5.7 sbc for MB) as the base motor.

EDIT: Larsen's uses cheaper sportboat trailers, which, I think, is one of their strategies for keeping the price down. Here's the link to the sacto boat show thread from March: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792202

Some people would say you must have the wake plate with the 23, and others would say that the 23 needs the 409. I have neither on our 23 and it does just fine at 4,000', but I'm not running more than factory ballast either.
Regarding the sportboat trailer, I have had both a Boatmate with my Supra and a Sportboat with my Malibu. I have not noticed any difference in quality between the two. The sportboat uses torsion axles, and the boatmate used leaf springs. I did pay $350 extra for 4 wheel disc brakes. Larson will oeirder boatmate if you desire, but as you mentioned with shipping its about $3k more. Sportboat is made local... I actually also prefer the bunk setup on the sportboat, which also has prop guard rollers which my boatmate did not have. Sportboat uses diamond plate fender steps, nice LED lighting, oil bath bearings, and they mount the spare under the trailer which I also prefer.

Point being, so far the sportboat seems to be holding up well. How do you like your sportboat with your MB?

Last edited by fman; 06-07-2012 at 4:50 PM.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-07-2012, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Regarding the sportboat trailer, I have had both a Boatmate with my Supra and a Sportboat with my Malibu. I have not noticed any difference in quality between the two. The sportboat uses torsion axles, and the boatmate used leaf springs. I did pay $350 extra for 4 wheel disc brakes. Larson will oeirder boatmate if you desire, but as you mentioned with shipping its about $3k more. Sportboat is made local... I actually also prefer the bunk setup on the sportboat, which also has prop guard rollers which my boatmate did not have. Sportboat uses diamond plate fender steps, nice LED lighting, oil bath bearings, and they mount the spare under the trailer which I also prefer.

Point being, so far the sportboat seems to be holding up well. How do you like your sportboat with your MB?
Larsons uses a nicer model on the 'bus. Mine is C channel not full tube and uses regular lights not LEDs. Cheap jack too. I've seen the Bu one and it is nice (friend has 23lsv from larson).

I paid for second set of brakes too (only 300! lol).

Trailer is fine, no complaints. Tows really well.

OK one complaint, the winch is pretty ghetto and will be upgraded soon. It's like a bassboat winch. Kinda wimpy.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-07-2012, 5:39 PM Reply   
Sweet blacked out 23 on MB's FB page...



dash too:

Old    Preston (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-07-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
Nelem's Marine in alabama has a few 21 tomcats I am sure they would like to move. They are in the upper 50 range. I spoke to them last week about them - they are really nice people down there.
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2012, 6:36 PM Reply   
haha Craig, yep rolling in the Tigger right now. But the 24 is on order, don't worry.
Old    Rick Hoag (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-07-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
I can't really talk pricing out of respect for other dealers out there i was just teasing Ian and threw out $75 with a 343hp trying to be funny. I'll say that we run 18" Boatmates which add to the price and typically include tower speakers and our boats are definitely a bit higher than $55,000. That still puts them much lower than any other 23 out there that i'm aware of.....

We got a few 23's in Tuesday. We had been waiting a while so I respectfully agree with Ian as far as being able to get a boat quick from the factory. They are working overtime trying to keep up with demand at this point. The didn't realize how we roll in Texas.... j/k
How about this one from TXMC (Craigs design except trailer - my choice)
Attached Images
  
Old    Preston (Bamabonners)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-07-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
Rick, that looks good. Only think i would change is the trailer, I would do white in front and black in the back.
Old    Rick Hoag (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-07-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabonners View Post
Rick, that looks good. Only think i would change is the trailer, I would do white in front and black in the back.
Thanks - I thought about reverse colors but wanted to breakup a bit of the matching colors. Originally had an all white trailer with black wheels - it grew on me by the time my custom order trailer came in
Attached Images
 
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-08-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Sweet boat, but dang, that house is a total POS.
Old    Scott R (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-08-2012, 7:49 AM Reply   
+1 for Nelems Marine Preston. That is where I bought my boat from. Robert is a SUPER NICE guy! His wife is awesome too. We bought ours from him and he invited us out (family of 4 kids) to his lake house to test drive the boat. He had it on his lift and keys in it for us to take out and see if we liked it. His place is amazing and that lake was amazing. But more important the BOAT was amazing! Karen is a member here and hope she posts here. Call them, great to work with and will bend over backwards for you.

Thanks again Karen and Robert Nelems!!
Old    Scott R (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-08-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Oh and I believe he has my exact boat on order or maybe even in again!
Attached Images
  
Old    Adam R (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-08-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   


That's a beauty right there. Wish I was ready to buy...darn kids!
Old    Mark (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-08-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Sweet boat, but dang, that house is a total POS.
Ian maybe you should relocate to Texas!! Housing is pretty cheap compared to the rest of the country until it becomes water front .

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:23 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us