Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Losmarios)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-03-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
My boat was badly in need of a battery upgrade. Did a little research, and decided to go with TX Stereo. I was told to drop off my boat on Thurs May 10th and it would be done Fri Afternoon the 11th. Well, I dropped it off a day early, on Wed the 9th of May. Tom and I talked about the job, and he assured me that I wanted the batteries in the back lockers. I explained that I put huge sacks in the back lockers and didn't want to loose any space. I also expressed the fact that all I do is wakesurf in my boat. Once again assured me that I wanted the batteries in the back lockers. I let him run with his idea.

I contacted him 4 days later Mon the 14th, he explained to my that the brackets for the batteries were built and it was close to being done. I said cool take your time. I didn't hear anything for days, so I called on Sat the 20th of May and once again he explained that the brackets were built and the boat was 2 hours away from being done. I told Tom that I was going out of town on Sun the 21st and if for some reason it wasn't going to be ready that day that i wouldn't be available to pick it up until Fri the 25th when I got back in town. He said not a problem! Well of course I got no call that it was ready so I went out of town and came back on Thur the 24th of May.

I made arrangements to have my dad ride with me out to pick up the boat to help entertain my 18 month old baby girl, since the shop is nearly 40 minutes away from my house and it was the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. We left to pick up the boat the afternoon of Fri the 25th (two weeks after it was scheduled to be completed). I didn't call before I left figuring there was no way he wasn't done, since he said that he was 2 hours away from being done six days before!

I walked up and my boat was outside and the batteries were sitting exactly where I left them in the middle of the boat on the floor just baking in the sun! I am not a battery expert but I don't think the batteries should be stored in direct sun light - it even says so on the batteries! I went inside to find out what's going on. Tom comes out the office and tells me it's not done. I was really mad; so mad I couldn't talk! He told me that the brackets were built and that he was almost finished. So close that he would probably be done late that Fri night and that I could pick it up in the morning on Sat the 26 of May.

I was absolutely shocked that the boat was not done! I told Tom I would be back In the morning to pick up the boat. I left and was just getting more and more upset as I drove away. Finally decided to call Tom and let him know how I felt. I let him have it on the phone! He assured me that the brackets were built and that he was close to being done and that he understood my frustrations. Told him that I would be there for sure the next day and that if he finished late that night I'd even prefer to pick it up in middle of the night.

Guess what? I did not hear from Tom until Wed afternoon when he finally decided to answer his phone. He sent me pics of the port side locker that contained the cranking battery, selector switch, and 3 bank battery charger. He said I could pick it up that Wed by 6. I headed out that way in traffic at 5:00 PM. Get a text from him about 5:30 saying to call him before I head that way. I was already almost out there. Called him back, and he said that the bracket for the starboard side was built wrong and that he was about an hour and a half away from being done. Told him at this point there was no way I was leaving without my boat. He said ok and that he would bust ass to finish. Got there to the shop about 6:00 PM, and he wasn't even there! He showed up about 6:40 and then started building the battery bracket for the starboard side. He wasn't finished until after midnight!! I sat there in his shop to make sure he didn't stop working. Of course he tried to charge me over double what he quoted! Wow, what an experience - three weeks to get a job done that was originally supposed to take a day! After all that I still feel that he took too much room in my lockers! Here are the pics of the job.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:31 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us