Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-27-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
serenity now, serenity now. yes i know im fool for going out but right now i have to go when i can. for my san bernard riders... i counted 42 boats above mcneil bridge. i lost count of power turns. it really makes me want to shoot a hole in their boat. on that note am i the only one what would prefer people to speed by (20+) instead of slowing down to 10 and make their wake huge, thus compounding the problem?

now for the story. im on the side of the river with a down rider parked perpendicular, cuz i can move at the moment. boat and rider going down stream, boat and rider going upstream. stupid 22ft fishing boat with no rider thinks its a good idea to pass the upstream boat right as they get to me, thus making it 4 wide. very dangerous, impatient and stupid. our river is not that wide. 60 yards?
Old    Markj (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-27-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
I always get a kick out of idiots who think they're doing you a favor by slowing down to 10 mph instead of just passing at cruising speed. The people who do this are almost always in a runabout.
Old    Bu Coo (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-27-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
Ya, I was out on Lake Elsinore today. It wasn't as packed as weekends past, but the ghetto birds on rented jet skis were out in force. As soon as I yell at one for travelling to close to the rider and surf wake, another one takes his spot. They're like mosquitoes. I generally try to politely say "Please don't come so close when there is a rider behind the boat" and "I'd appreciate it for safety sakes if you wouldn't get so close to my boat," but after a half dozen or so to different riders I just started to curse and yell. Damn mosquitoes...

Last edited by brett564; 05-27-2012 at 6:43 PM. Reason: cursed
Old    Raf (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-27-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
Highlight of the day was a forest fire at the lake and some guy puking off the side of his boat.


A slingshot and ice make a good jetski defense mechanism. The ice melts and leaves no evidence.
Old    Cole K (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-27-2012, 9:20 PM Reply   
You must have been a Saguaro Lake? Just heard about the fire on the late news. Glad I decided to hang around the house.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-27-2012, 10:07 PM Reply   
Hey John, what boat were you in? We got out for a quick ride this morning around 7:30 on the SBR and the water was really nice, not a single other boat. We got back out around 1 and hung out at the mouth until fairly late. We did a little wakesurfing on the way back and 2 quick wakeboarding pulls around 7 further up river near our house but there were still several other boats out.

FYI, I'm guilty sometimes of driving by other boats with downed riders at a slow speed. With the river being so narrow and the double bulkheads in places, the water gets messy quick and with decent weight in the bow my boat takes on water pretty easily so I get worried about throttling down to idle or neutral. Hope I didn't do it to you today!

We had a non wakeboarding boat with a woman driver pass us today at maybe 12mph while someone was wakesurfing at 10.4mph. I was on the right side of the river and I swear she was less than 15' from my rider. I nearly lost it, but rather calmly raised my arms and asked, 'What are you doing?' The male driver in the observer's chair of her boat let her have it and she quickly pulled away from us and sped up.
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-28-2012, 4:29 AM Reply   
heres a pic of the boat. http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793088 its down at the bottom.
we put in at 10 and it wasnt to bad up river. started getting crazy around noon. put up a pic of your boat. where do yall live?

i hear ya on the low bow. idle would be ideal but fast is good too..... way less wake.

wow. sounds like that was dangerous. i think if people would realize that is a boat and not a car they wouldnt do some of the things they do. theres no brake in a boat.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-28-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
Gocha. I think I remember seeing your boat but I'm not sure. There were a ton of boats out. Mine is the first boat in that thread, the white RZR.
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-28-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
We are the 3rd house from the end on the right before you get to the barge filling station. It's a blue house with the destroyed dock (by a tree about a month ago).
Old    Tommy G (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
got a bit ticked off myself yesterday. Crusing back to Orwood and we're in the long no wake zone, so i let a friend drive the boat back in. Another boat packed with people (surely over the coast guard limit) passes us going the other way...at about 10 mph. We took huge rollers over the bow...all in the no wake zone!

I'm sure I could have navigated us through without taking on water, but thought I would be safe letting a friend troll the boat back in. Especially weekends like this, it's tool central.
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-28-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
oh yeah ive for sure seen that white boat a couple of times. nice looking ride. i like the white with light grey lettings. i dont know the exact house but i know where you are talking about. man yall are way up river. we have land past blacks ferry rd. we should get together sometime.
Old    Jamie Corvin (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-28-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
A slingshot and ice make a good jetski defense mechanism. The ice melts and leaves no evidence.
That's awesome. I never thought of that. You could take one of the water ballon launchers and tie it off to the tower and make it possible for your spotter to act like a gunner dishing out ice grenades at all of the wallys.
Old    Raf (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-28-2012, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySki View Post
You must have been a Saguaro Lake? Just heard about the fire on the late news. Glad I decided to hang around the house.
Yup. Oddly enough we showed up at 11AM expecting a 3hr wait at the parking lot but we were the first ones to get to the waiting area. Usually we show up around 8AM and there are already 30 boats ahead of us...
Old    Cole K (SkySki)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-28-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
Yup. Oddly enough we showed up at 11AM expecting a 3hr wait at the parking lot but we were the first ones to get to the waiting area. Usually we show up around 8AM and there are already 30 boats ahead of us...
Tell me about it - I have tried the last three Sundays. I just turn around and go to the water park instead. Now that the kids are out and the wife is off, weekdays will be good. How bad was the fire?
Old    Raf (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-28-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySki View Post
Tell me about it - I have tried the last three Sundays. I just turn around and go to the water park instead. Now that the kids are out and the wife is off, weekdays will be good. How bad was the fire?
We couldn't really see it too well but they had helicopters and a bunch of (really slow) firefighter boats out there. It was good enough to make the news though.
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-28-2012, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
We couldn't really see it too well but they had helicopters and a bunch of (really slow) firefighter boats out there. It was good enough to make the news though.
any closures? I know they got the fire out. Planning to be out there tomorrow.
Old    David Langston (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       05-28-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
i am one of the people who slows down when i pass another boat surfing or pulling a wakeboarder. But i dont do it because i think they want me to slow down, i do it because i dont like hitting weighted wake boat wakes hauling ass and have everything on my boat fly around...
Old    Raf (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-28-2012, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
any closures? I know they got the fire out. Planning to be out there tomorrow.
Nothing that I heard of. I might try to make it out tomorrow as well. The lack of riding on sunday left me with a bit of an itch to catch air.
Old    William Burell (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-29-2012, 5:46 AM Reply   
I had a pretty good one. Got blatently cut off by a patrol officer pulling in the no wake to get gas. Swamped me over the bow. I let that mother f#(*#Y%R have it. Felt good to flip it around for once.
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-29-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
Nothing that I heard of. I might try to make it out tomorrow as well. The lack of riding on sunday left me with a bit of an itch to catch air.
sweet, we will be out there this afternoon. Red Tige thats leaning haha, We'll be surfing
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
This is a video shot by Sam Moser at the San Bernard River this weekend. Sam is a Wakeboarder/Wakeskater/photographer/director/producer and an all around great guy!!

I have some Video Footage I will post later tonight when I get home!

http://vimeo.com/43006162

Last edited by sawyer1206; 05-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
My Holiday Wally was on the San Bernard Sunday evening. You San Bernard regulars have probably seen the boat I am about to rant about several times. We were at the ramp about 7:00 with 4 other boats trying to load. I left the boat at the small dock with my wife and son while I went to get the truck. I got the truck, backed in and walked over to get the boat when I realize it is not there. I look up and my son is driving the boat under the FM521 Bridge. I am like "WHAT THE H*!#" and motioned for them to get back to the dock.

Well it turns out that while I was getting the truck there was a 25' Mastercraft with a bright colored graffiti style wrap that was driving back and forth under the bridge at about 15mph causing our boats to rock up agaist the docks. My son with his quick thinking told his mom to push off and he drove the boat out to keep it from getting beat agaist the dock. While I was loading the boat on the trailer the same boat went by two more times at the same speed pushing a huge wake.

Fast forward to the nearby boat storage at about 7:30 where I am flushing out and wiping down the boat when the VERY SAME BOAT came in the gate and backed his boat in to one of the storage units. It took everything I had not to walk over and start screaming at the kids that were with the boat but I had my family with me and didnít want to make a scene.

WALLIES!!!!!
Old    Daniel (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-29-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
We went to texoma and thankfully didn't really see anyone being overly stupid.

Unfortunately my home lake had a horrible accident. http://kfor.com/2012/05/28/teen-hurt-at-arcadia-lake/
Guy pulling a tube ran over his boy going to pick him up.
Heard from a fire fighter buddy that the boy is very cut up. Wont be the same again.
Old    Jay Landry (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       05-29-2012, 1:59 PM Reply   
Isn't it funny how on the biggest boating holidays wakeboarders run in fear haha
Old    Jason Henrichs (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-29-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
We braved it for about 2 hours on Saturday then went to the ranch. I went to Diddos to eat lunch and they took away the perpendicular boat docks so I had to tie up parallel to the shore what a mistake. Some asshoole in a VLX came within 15' of my boat while I parked and scratched my tower. Anyway who is going to be out there next weekend when the Grizwalds are off the water and at swimming lessons? Maybe we can meet up.
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette74 View Post
We braved it for about 2 hours on Saturday then went to the ranch. I went to Diddos to eat lunch and they took away the perpendicular boat docks so I had to tie up parallel to the shore what a mistake. Some asshoole in a VLX came within 15' of my boat while I parked and scratched my tower. Anyway who is going to be out there next weekend when the Grizwalds are off the water and at swimming lessons? Maybe we can meet up.
When did Diddos open???
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       05-29-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
some guy who was rafted up next to me in a party cove decides to leave... i tell him specifically where my anchor was (which wasnt impeding him if he drove correctly) ... he runs over it anyway... gets it tangled in his prop... then jumps out, cuts the line, and drives off..... All while i watched. What a dumbass.
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-29-2012, 2:23 PM Reply   
^^^^^WOW! what a tool
Old    Jason Henrichs (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-29-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
The owner said she opened back up last month. They had a limited menu on Saturday but I think it was because they had a special on crawfish. The menus were the same and she said they were getting new docks and fuel.
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette74 View Post
The owner said she opened back up last month. They had a limited menu on Saturday but I think it was because they had a special on crawfish. The menus were the same and she said they were getting new docks and fuel.
Thats good news!! Hey, we are out of town this weekend but are planning on riding the river June 12th and we are planning on meeting up with TJ Morgan to check out his Aweome Tige. Will you be out there then?
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-29-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
My weekend was pretty much ruined by crappy water and brutal crowds.

Old    Jason Henrichs (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-29-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
Dennis, The 12th is a Tuesday do you mean the 9th? I might have to jump in with one of y'all unless Travis can come along. My wife is 8 months along I almost feel bad about asking her to pull me.
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-29-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer1206 View Post
Thats good news!! Hey, we are out of town this weekend but are planning on riding the river June 12th and we are planning on meeting up with TJ Morgan to check out his Aweome Tige. Will you be out there then?
can i come?
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-29-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes View Post
My weekend was pretty much ruined by crappy water and brutal crowds.

terd.
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-29-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNvisible View Post
some guy who was rafted up next to me in a party cove decides to leave... i tell him specifically where my anchor was (which wasnt impeding him if he drove correctly) ... he runs over it anyway... gets it tangled in his prop... then jumps out, cuts the line, and drives off..... All while i watched. What a dumbass.

thats funny and makes me smile. sorry. i can see you watching and thinking "hes really going to do it, isnt he?!"
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyy7 View Post
terd.
Sorry, it is the 9th, I looked at the May calender on accident. Sounds like we all need to meet up somewhere! Plenty of room in my boat if anyone wants a pull or to just hanf out. Just return the favor someday, my wife hates to drive the boat and my son is not ready to be in the boat alone with his mom.

So whos coming??
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-29-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakes View Post
my weekend was pretty much ruined by crappy water and brutal crowds.

nice boat!!!
Old    TJ (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-30-2012, 6:49 AM Reply   
I'm dropping my boat off for some service work this morning but should definitely have it back in time for the 9th. PM me your email address and phone number and I'll set something up. Unfortunately we are in the process of rebuilding our bulkhead and pier so we are having to use the neighbor's pier to tie up to.

Once we figure out who all is coming we can decide how many boats we need. I have a 4yr old and 3yr old boy plus my wife. We can comfortably fit another 5-6 adults. Or we could always split up in 2 boats and hang out at 'Big Bend' (the curve in the river up near our place where a lot of boats normally hang out). I'd be perfectly fine doing that and taking people out for pulls throughout the day. I prob won't be wakeboarding for a couple weeks. I pulled a muscle in my stomach Sunday morning. Surfing doesn't bother it though!
Old    Jason Henrichs (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-30-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
I plan on being there I will know for sure about a week from now.
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-30-2012, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonshark View Post
I'm dropping my boat off for some service work this morning but should definitely have it back in time for the 9th. PM me your email address and phone number and I'll set something up. Unfortunately we are in the process of rebuilding our bulkhead and pier so we are having to use the neighbor's pier to tie up to.

Once we figure out who all is coming we can decide how many boats we need. I have a 4yr old and 3yr old boy plus my wife. We can comfortably fit another 5-6 adults. Or we could always split up in 2 boats and hang out at 'Big Bend' (the curve in the river up near our place where a lot of boats normally hang out). I'd be perfectly fine doing that and taking people out for pulls throughout the day. I prob won't be wakeboarding for a couple weeks. I pulled a muscle in my stomach Sunday morning. Surfing doesn't bother it though!
PM sent!!
Old    Jason Henrichs (vette74)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-30-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
The site won't let me PM my number is 281-889-9634
Old    John James (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-30-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
tj i sent you a PM. who is doing your bulk head?
Old    Dennis Sawyer (sawyer1206)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-30-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
Should we maybe start a San Bernard Riders thread so we won't need to hijack someone else's thread?
Old    Travis Fleming (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       05-31-2012, 5:48 AM Reply   
Jason i can come out if you still got room on your boat. I would love to meet all the bernard riders anyways.
Old    Mark (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-31-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
Saw 2 stupid things on Texoma

1. Boat full of dudes. 5 in the boat 4 on a tube. Decided to pull through the line doing power turns. Mostly around downed riders so you could see their bare A$$ s.
2. Pull into our cove and there is a truck putting a boat in on the ramp. There is a courtesy dock next to the ramp on the left while backing down. There is a boat in front of me that it looks like needs to drop off a driver to go get the trailer. Instead of dropping off a driver he parks the boat on the ramp side of the courtesy dock and exits the boat leaving his family holding the dock. In doing this he blocked the guy on the ramp getting his boat off the trailer.

Wallies

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:22 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us