Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-23-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
superfluous,
Don't know what boat you have experience with, but MY experience with MY B52 is that this boat will indeed empty the tanks at what would be seen as a wakeless towing speed, which by the way could be above 5 mph, depending on the boat you own. I am able to keep things wakeless, and do nearly 8 mph, which would definitely drain the tanks on an MB. Perhaps not all the way to bone dry, but well within any limits of concern. As for towing I have towed plenty of people in their broken down boats, and have never felt to limit myself to only 5 mph. I'd shoot myself first, and probably the boat owner behind me.
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       05-23-2012, 9:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
superfluous,
Don't know what boat you have experience with,
2011 B52 TWB 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
but MY experience with MY B52 is that this boat will indeed empty the tanks at what would be seen as a wakeless towing speed, which by the way could be above 5 mph, depending on the boat you own.
Above 5 mph my boat makes a wake. Heck even around 4 mph I'm making a little wake.

How are you defining "wakeless"? Which MB are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
I am able to keep things wakeless, and do nearly 8 mph, which would definitely drain the tanks on an MB.
I don't believe you are being truthful, based upon my experience.

Wakeless at 8mph? That's ridiculous, even with EMPTY tanks. Maybe I'll shoot some video of 8 mph this weekend to show you the error of your ways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
As for towing I have towed plenty of people in their broken down boats, and have never felt to limit myself to only 5 mph. I'd shoot myself first, and probably the boat owner behind me.
More silliness.
Old    9Drozd            05-23-2012, 11:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
superfluous,
Don't know what boat you have experience with, but MY experience with MY B52 is that this boat will indeed empty the tanks at what would be seen as a wakeless towing speed, which by the way could be above 5 mph, depending on the boat you own. I am able to keep things wakeless, and do nearly 8 mph, which would definitely drain the tanks on an MB. Perhaps not all the way to bone dry, but well within any limits of concern. As for towing I have towed plenty of people in their broken down boats, and have never felt to limit myself to only 5 mph. I'd shoot myself first, and probably the boat owner behind me.
Old    Detox (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-23-2012, 11:36 PM Reply   
Hey guys who really cares!? Sounds like it prob depends on how much weight is in the nose or elsewhere. When my boats not working I usually get towed at about 23mph behind a friends boat and if it were to be an mb,malibu,mastercraft,nautique,tige,centurion,sang er,calabria,moomba,supreme or a kayak I'd feel lucky to be behind it.... Ok proceed with the regularly scheduled hating on boats and arguing.
Old    E (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2012, 3:57 AM Reply   
Drew I can't wait to see your new setup. Have you figured out how to get rid of the water drops the boat spits at you on the port side?
Old    Drew Richardson (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-24-2012, 5:18 AM Reply   
It is under control, just a little more weight and a little more tab down, I would like to hear from some of the guys that do not have a plate. I believe that the vertical edge (support) on the back of the plate catches exhaust and shoots it (water) up at certain angles.
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-24-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Super---,
You've got to be kidding! You simply show your banality with such responses. Do you also ride around with your CG approved brightly colored orange life vests? 4 mph? You can do that by simply putting your boat in gear. BTW, either my '08 B52 23V, or my '12 B52 23WB will do what I have described. What version of wakeless do you try and force every other poor soul on the lakes you frequent, adhere to? If you're trying to say there can't even be a little ripple, you need to stay home. Do you weave back an forth leaving and returning into your harbor, just to make sure there is nobody exceeding YOUR speed limit definition?

And just in case you really want to jump off the next cliff you come to, I will give you this one allowance; if you want to tow broken down boats at a mere 5 mph, and that gives you a sense of supremacy, go right ahead.
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       05-24-2012, 2:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
Super---,
You've got to be kidding! You simply show your banality with such responses. Do you also ride around with your CG approved brightly colored orange life vests? 4 mph? You can do that by simply putting your boat in gear. BTW, either my '08 B52 23V, or my '12 B52 23WB will do what I have described. What version of wakeless do you try and force every other poor soul on the lakes you frequent, adhere to? If you're trying to say there can't even be a little ripple, you need to stay home. Do you weave back an forth leaving and returning into your harbor, just to make sure there is nobody exceeding YOUR speed limit definition?

And just in case you really want to jump off the next cliff you come to, I will give you this one allowance; if you want to tow broken down boats at a mere 5 mph, and that gives you a sense of supremacy, go right ahead.
Beasley--,
those are some pretty crazy assumptions, especially for someone with such limited experience with wake boats such as yourself. Extra points for your lack of reading comprehension re: 4 mph.

Heading out for a long weekend on the lake. Since we have the same hull I'll be sure to shoot some video of how "wakeless" the boat is at "nearly 8mph"

Give yourself a pat on the back! You made me laugh again.
Old    Dave (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-24-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
Of course it's not going to be completely wakeless but come on. Even if it's putting up a 4" wave does it really matter? The fact is he can empty while under way at a relatively slow speed. I swear since the xstar thread everyone has to nit pick every single F'in thing someone says!
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       05-24-2012, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
The fact is he can empty while under way at a relatively slow speed.
Fact?

My boat, same hull, does not drain at 5mph. He claims his does.

"Wakeless" is pretty unambiguous, i.e. "no wake."
Old    Jon Hunter (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-24-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
I thought this thread was about the F24.... I'm confused.
Old    Dave (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-24-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
FACT!! I swear since the xstar thread everyone has to nit pick every single F'in thing someone says!
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       05-24-2012, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
FACT!! I swear since the xstar thread everyone has to nit pick every single F'in thing someone says!
Nope not a fact, as evidenced by the numerous posts wherein people do not nitpick every single thing someone says.

hunter660, discussions often diverge and one branch of this discussion is addressing some people's concerns about the ballast system not being able to be drained if the boat breaks down.

Reading an entire thread can often times help alleviate your confusion.
Old    Jon Hunter (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-24-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
Oh that's right, school is out for the summer. I forgot it was a bunch of kids on here. Now it all makes sense. I'll be back in late August.
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-24-2012, 5:17 PM Reply   
superfluous (somepeteguy by any other name),

You give yourself away all together too easily.

Don't try and replace your version of "facts" with what the majority of readers on this forum would count as your "opinion." You continue to delude yourself with this demented belief that only you have a measurable experience level in wakeboard ownership that would cause others to bow down at your acumen.

How is it you say, "warning: rough waters ahead."

Tell you what, just so we don't turn this whole thread into your personal effort at one-up's-manship, you do it your way, I'll do it mine. Enjoy your weekend.
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-24-2012, 5:20 PM Reply   
blah, blah blah...I'm picking up my 24 in the morning !
Old    Brett Treiber (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-24-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
wake pics and boat on the water pics ASAP please!
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-24-2012, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_sledge View Post
wake pics and boat on the water pics ASAP please!
Nothing will make me happier.....
Old     (superfluous)      Join Date: May 2012       05-24-2012, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvoMB52 View Post
You continue to delude yourself with this demented belief that only you have a measurable experience level in wakeboard ownership that would cause others to bow down at your acumen. .
That's a really cute straw man you made there. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Lots of folks have more experience than I do, on a wide variety of boats. You continue to post crazy claims that are at odds with my experience however.

Crazy claims like your boat (have you even had it on its maiden voyage yet?) is wakeless at 8 mph.

As far as the fact that you are pretty inexperienced, this Beasley guy provided the facts. Or is he a liar?

p.s. what are you doing here on Wakeworld since you disparage the folks here so much? ProvoMB52--"either be part of the positive nature of this board, or roll up your tent and graze at the water trough afforded by the grifters over at WakeWorld."
Attached Images
 

Last edited by superfluous; 05-24-2012 at 5:47 PM.
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-24-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
I can't believe you guys are fighting with eachother over how slow you can dump ballast. What a waste of cyberspace. Was that little spat worth it?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2012, 6:06 PM Reply   
Owned^^.
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-24-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
No. Just ignored.
Old    B Beasley (ProvoMB52)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-24-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
I am curious though Pete. Is there some particular reason you've had to use a different avatar on WW, rather than the one you use over on MB owners?
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post

To me, it would make sense for MB to just add a pump for factory nose ballast, and then offer another pump for an additional rear bag ballast system on top of the pure vert system. That way, you can fill your rear ballast super quick, but also be able to pump in weight in the nose, and also add bags in the rear hatches if you wanted to.
this.. i think. If I am reading this correctly you are saying to have a fill pump attached to the bottom/side of each ballast tank (all 3), connected to hoses ready to go to a fat sack. NO through holes needed. Just fill your stock ballast and if you chose to, flip your switches and the pumps will fill the fat sacks from the stock tanks. genius. 3 more empty pumps to drain the sacks out the side of the boat. the sacks in the rear can easily have vents out the side of the boat along side the drain holes. The bow sack can sit on the seats, have a vent cap that needs burping, and can be gravity drained through the stock hard tank.

MB. do this.
Old    Nick (bushtree)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2012, 4:30 PM Reply   
Shot from Facebook with the Bimini deployed. I think some were asking...

(Not my boat)

Old    Brett Treiber (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-25-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Sharp ride, tower looks much better with bimini and speakers on it!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us