Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

View Poll Results: Which option below would you prefer to be on the floor of your boat?
Removable Carpet 10 29.41%
Teak - Brown 15 44.12%
Teak - Titanium 9 26.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old    Jay (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-11-2012, 4:48 AM Reply   
What's your guys opinions on doing the removable carpet vs faux teak in a boat? I've never had an all teak floor, so am not sure how I'd like it. I love the carpet...my only beef is that it get's wet too easily, and when you are in Minnesota and it's 45-55 deg air temp, the last thing you want is wet socks. In either case, there will not be shoes worn in the boat.

Does anyone have experience with the teak flooring? Does it get wicked hot in the summer? Does it stay a lot more dry vs carpet? How about resale - would you prefer to buy a boat that had all of the teak or that had carpet?

The carpet is actually an upgrade, so would cost a bit more. Below are the different options. Input is greatly appreciated. Don't get hung up on the boat color...I'm still undecided on that.
Attached Images

Last edited by ironj32; 04-11-2012 at 4:51 AM.
Old    Aaron (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2012, 5:47 AM Reply   
I would go with the Faux Teak Sea Dek. It's does not get any warmer than carpet on a hot summer day. It has a nice feel to it and is not hard at all. The biggest benefit over carpet is that it does not absorb water. It's a closed cell EVA material. I'm looking forward to being able to spray down the interior when washing and not having to remove the carpet.

Also, I love the look of it and the logo carpet is hideous in my opinion. Way too busy of a design.

Here are a couple photos of my new 210. The Sea Dek isn't a factory option yet for the 210 so I had to get it directly from Sea Dek.

Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-11-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
i vote titanium if you go some kind of black blue or black green grey blue grey green etc but the brown with anything else
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
faux teak my vote.
Old    Nicolas Kohler (monkey_butt)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-11-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
If you want to see it one more time you can come over if you're in the twin cities. Faux teak ... So easy to clean ... Spraying down and done ... Looks new each time. And no not getting hot ... You won't burn your feet ...
Swim platform slightly different story ... People jumping around with their boards will cause damage but carpet won't work there either :-)
Old    Johnny (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-11-2012, 12:40 PM Reply   
can you get plain grey carpet without all the graphics?
Old    Sippi (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-11-2012, 1:09 PM Reply   
IMHO i think carpet just looks ugly in this boat. Mainly because of all the teak accents everywhere, like the bow and walkthrough at the transom. I would just rather go ahead and do the whole thing in teak and not worry with carpet.
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-11-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
the faux teak is so nice - its got a little cushiness to it too. Just sets the boat apart from the rest with carpet. It is also tight just rolling with zero carpet with the all white floor too. But especially for the G23 - gotta go with the faux teak.
Attached Images

Old    Jay (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-11-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
thanks guys! i think i will go with the teak...was out this afternoon with a 45 deg air temp, and got wet socks again. i like the idea of not having to vacuum too!
Old    Troy Deschamps (TroyD)      Join Date: Jan 2012       04-12-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
What kind of delivery date did your dealer give you for your G23?
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-12-2012, 2:46 PM Reply   
That fake teak looks pretty good in pictures, but looks and feels cheap in person in my opinion (my wife had a much stronger negative opinion of it than I did).
Old    Jay (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-13-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
That fake teak looks pretty good in pictures, but looks and feels cheap in person in my opinion (my wife had a much stronger negative opinion of it than I did).
I kind of have/had the same feelings as you. Seems that most appear to like the faux teak, though. I do think that the functionality of the teak seems to be more practical for a boat though...staying a bit more dry, easier to keep clean, etc.

TroyD - I think most people are looking at a Aug/Sept delivery date. I've been working on my dealer to give me their showroom production spot, so hopefully by the end of June...we'll see.
Old    Tom (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-13-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
I would do the faux teak in gray only. I prefer the carpet, though. Option 2 wins for me
Old    Jay (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-14-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses everyone. Does anyone know how durable the teak is? Would a dogs claws gouge (sp?) it at all? We have an 85 pound American Bull Dog that will come out with us from time-to-time.
Old    - (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-14-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
Not good for dog claws. Stated right on SeaDek website.
Old    DC (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-14-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
How do you get the voters poll on your thread?