Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Carl (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-08-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
how much does it weigh?

looked around i can't find it online anywhere, maybe someone who owns one can give me a rough idea?
Old    Jason (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       10-08-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
A 139 weighs 8.5lbs.
Old    Carl (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-08-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason95gt View Post
A 139 weighs 8.5lbs.
thanks then it cant be too much more for a 144... probably a lil closer to 9lbs
Old    Ben (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-10-2010, 3:50 PM Reply   
I just checked mine and it is about 8lbs. Its for sale HERE
Old    JONb (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-10-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
I dont see why people are so conserned about weight of boards.
Old    Carl (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-11-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb View Post
I dont see why people are so conserned about weight of boards.
dont like to carry heavy stuff
Old    Carl (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-11-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbox View Post
I just checked mine and it is about 8lbs. Its for sale HERE
Yah i saw your ad a few days ago... I keep hearing mixed reviews about that board so I'm gonna go to a ski shop today and see if they have that board for demo. if they do and i like it ill buy ur board if its still available. I just dont want to buy it and find out i hate it. hope its still available
Old    Ben (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-14-2010, 9:55 PM Reply   
Sugarfree - I will be the first person to tell you that the IBEX is NOT for everyone. I consider myself a beginner rider. The IBEX is a intermediate-advanced style of board. For people who have the ability to time the pop off the wake correctly and consistently the IBEX will be a dream. The board edges extremely hard and requires good form (something I'm still working on). I had a hard time making progress on the IBEX only because it takes a more skilled rider to take advantage of the huge capabilities of the board.

I let a friend ride the board who I consider to be in the upper end of the intermediate class. He thought the board had too much pop and he had the most frightened look on his face when he launched off the wake for the first time on the IBEX. What he thought was going to be just a simple wake to wake trial jump ended up being his highest jump of the day and floated him almost into the flats. The board in the correct hands is capable of massive pop with no need for an aggressive cut into the wake.

If you demo the board and you can find the sweet spot and can do it consistently you will love it. If you are not able to get a consistent pop every time you might want to stay away from it and look at a less aggressive board.

This is all my opinion based off my experience and skill level. I am sharing all of this because I do not want anyone to make the same mistake I did and buy a board that is better than the rider that will be using it. Hope this helps.
Old    Carl (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-19-2010, 6:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbox View Post
Sugarfree - I will be the first person to tell you that the IBEX is NOT for everyone. I consider myself a beginner rider. The IBEX is a intermediate-advanced style of board. For people who have the ability to time the pop off the wake correctly and consistently the IBEX will be a dream. The board edges extremely hard and requires good form (something I'm still working on). I had a hard time making progress on the IBEX only because it takes a more skilled rider to take advantage of the huge capabilities of the board.

I let a friend ride the board who I consider to be in the upper end of the intermediate class. He thought the board had too much pop and he had the most frightened look on his face when he launched off the wake for the first time on the IBEX. What he thought was going to be just a simple wake to wake trial jump ended up being his highest jump of the day and floated him almost into the flats. The board in the correct hands is capable of massive pop with no need for an aggressive cut into the wake.

If you demo the board and you can find the sweet spot and can do it consistently you will love it. If you are not able to get a consistent pop every time you might want to stay away from it and look at a less aggressive board.

This is all my opinion based off my experience and skill level. I am sharing all of this because I do not want anyone to make the same mistake I did and buy a board that is better than the rider that will be using it. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice, I ended up not being able to demo the board but after talking to others who have owned that board I keep hearing the same thing that you just said. Doesn't sound like my kind of board at my current skill level.
Old    Garrett Jones (GJones)      Join Date: Sep 2010       10-19-2010, 6:36 PM Reply   
I have an Ibex and love it!. My toeside has improved since I began riding this board because it just inspires confidence once on edge. I agree with the comments about it not being everyone's board, however I wouldn't shy away from it just because of skill level necessarily. I would consider myself between a beginner and a novice. Several of my friends have ridden my board and they are all beginners. It edges very hard, and is capable of just about anything you throw at it if you push it, but can also be pretty forgiving for someone that is not pushing it near as hard.
The 3 stage rocker is a different ride with regard to pop. It takes some consistancy but the way the board edges allows you to save landings that would otherwise not be makable.

Just my two cents....
Old    LEE DANEILS (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       10-20-2010, 5:21 AM Reply   
hmmmm
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-20-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
hnmmmm
Old    Paul Strahm (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-20-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Lee your thoughts on the weight of the Ibex are spot on. It would appear that the weight is hmmmm, which I'm sure answers Carls question. It also appears that just about every other post you comment on seems to have the same hmmmm. This leads me to believe you think an awful lot but never say anything. I'm interested what you are thinking about please elaborate.
Sincerely,
Paul
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-20-2010, 9:30 AM Reply   
hmmmmmm (aka - I'm a ********)
Old    Clayton Saidler (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-20-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure "hmmmmmmm" is pretty much there just for an extra point towards some free stuff. Mr. Daniels seems to think "hmmmmm" is a substantial response to many threads. at least enough for me to have noticed how often he posts "hmmmmmm". when he has something to say he usuall does post something constructive though
Old    Clayton Saidler (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-20-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
hmmmmmm
Old    Ian Brown (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-20-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
I'll be the first to admit that I am not very good, 180s, w2w, almost landed a backroll this year and a 360. But I had ridden the Watson for several years and although I loved it, I switched to the Ibex 144 this year and my riding really improved a lot. I am not going to attribute it all to the ibex as I know there were other factors, but I love the board and am very happy that I made the switch.
Old    Ben (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-27-2010, 12:20 AM Reply   
Same board as the 2010 but with different graphics.

Old    Carl (SugarFree)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-27-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
that 11 Ibex board design is just in time for halloween... still have yet to find someone around me who rides one... I have the board shop down the road convinced to let me demo one when they get there 2011 stuff in so I'll just be patient until then. Thanks every1 for your input

hmmmmm
Old    Tom Simpson (TSimpson)      Join Date: Mar 2012       03-15-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
I just got a 2011 Ibex size 144, I'm 175pounds right know and don't know whether I bought the right size or not. I know that the size chart says 175 and up but has anyone else ridden a 144, do you think i should've went with the 139?
Old    Chris Gawenda (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-15-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJones View Post
I have an Ibex and love it!. My toeside has improved since I began riding this board because it just inspires confidence once on edge. I agree with the comments about it not being everyone's board, however I wouldn't shy away from it just because of skill level necessarily. I would consider myself between a beginner and a novice. Several of my friends have ridden my board and they are all beginners. It edges very hard, and is capable of just about anything you throw at it if you push it, but can also be pretty forgiving for someone that is not pushing it near as hard.
The 3 stage rocker is a different ride with regard to pop. It takes some consistancy but the way the board edges allows you to save landings that would otherwise not be makable.

Just my two cents....
I ride the same board. Do you use the factory fins?
Old    Chris Gawenda (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-15-2012, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimpson View Post
I just got a 2011 Ibex size 144, I'm 175pounds right know and don't know whether I bought the right size or not. I know that the size chart says 175 and up but has anyone else ridden a 144, do you think i should've went with the 139?
Im 5'10" 200lbs (Similar to Parks' build, but minus the beer gut) and ride the 144....

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 9:29 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us