Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-24-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
I don't mean to start any mud flinging here.... however as much as I enjoy watching wakeboarding I don't get that into watching someone ride a cable. I'm impressed with the skill that it takes, but there something different about watching the tricks from behind a boat. Any thoughts? or am out of line (pardon the pun) here?
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       12-24-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
I think people like to watch what they like to ride. I agree that cable videos didn't interest me much before, but now that I have access to one, I enjoy them much more.

I'm that way with wakeskating...I'm bored by doing it and even more bored to watch videos of it.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-24-2011, 8:04 AM Reply   
I like boat riding better as well, but I really enjoy both. It's just personal preference.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-24-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
The nice thing about the cable is that it's always your turn to ride.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-24-2011, 7:02 PM Reply   
This really isn't an issue of is it better to ride a cable or a boat.... Eubanks gets what I mean, witch would you rather watch or are tricks better behind a boat or on a cable? Once again props to the guys on the cable but I'd rather watch tricks done behind a boat.
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-24-2011, 7:20 PM Reply   
i ride boat all day errr day but prefer to watch cable.... its like a new world for me i don't get to shred it much
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-24-2011, 7:23 PM Reply   
I think Eubanks nailed it, at least for me. I ride mainly boat, and prefer to watch boat riding. I don't care to watch videos of cable. I have nothing but respect for the tricks those guys can do, and know that they are extremely difficult, but not being able to fully relate makes it harder to enjoy. I have ridden cable a number of times, but it is not my main thing by any stretch.
Obviously, this isn't to say that one is better than the other, and that isn't where Wiatowski is trying to go with this thread; boat is simply what I prefer to watch.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-24-2011, 11:06 PM Reply   
I love to watch huge straight airs off kickers, but not a lot of guys are doing those these days. I really prefer to watch boat riding when I'm watching videos or in the boat. That said, cable is cooler to watch from shore because you can get a lot closer to the action. Watching a guy bust a nosegrab S-to-blind right in front of the dock is just sick.
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-25-2011, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_briscoe View Post
Obviously, this isn't to say that one is better than the other, and that isn't where Wiatowski is trying to go with this thread; boat is simply what I prefer to watch.
You got the point... it would be retarded to say I like wakeboarding except cable. Given a choice I prefer to watch boat, I would call it true wakeboarding, having to size up the wake, factor in water conditions etc.. But I'm amazed at the air the guys/girls get off a cable without a kicker.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-25-2011, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiatowski View Post
however as much as I enjoy watching wakeboarding I don't get that into watching someone ride a cable.
How often can you watch the same style of riding on cable? Maybe is this answer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMJcU...ature=youtu.be
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-25-2011, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexair View Post
How often can you watch the same style of riding on cable? Maybe is this answer...
What kind of line is he using there?
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-25-2011, 3:52 PM Reply   
That's an indian line isn't it?
Old     (travis_briscoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-25-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's an indian line isn't it?
Yes