Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-06-2011, 7:43 AM Reply   
I got this little 50cc pit bike that wasn't running for $200. I put about $30 into it, and fixed up pretty nice. I'm going to give it to my girlfriends neice for Christmas. Here are the before and after pictures.

Old    Matt (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-06-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
Cool
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-06-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
no way.. really $30?
props.
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-06-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
You really know how to stretch your dollars! Is that a Chinese knock off of a Honda XR50?
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-06-2011, 1:02 PM Reply   
Actually, it was more like a little over $40. I replaced the swingarm bearings, and the graphics were $28. Already had the paint.

Yea, it's the Chinese clone of the Honda. I used a manual from the Honda monkey engine for the valve clearnaces...identical.
Old    Bryan (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-07-2011, 12:42 AM Reply   
nice find, these little things can be asickness just like building AR15's lol!!!!!!!!

heres mine: 07 crf 100, leo vince pipe,k an n filter, bbr springs, bbr rev box, bbr frame craddle, renthal bars with 909 grips, moose racing sprokets, rk gold chain, custom EXCELS hand drilled from blanks by tcr wheels and hubs powder coated black. bridgestone 403 404's, ims wide pegs

getting ready to put a 120 kit in her and a new rear gas shock. one of these days i will put a kx85 front end on her and it will be done.
Attached Images
 
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-08-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Not a true pit bike but it will be this coming spring when I move my son up to a CRF150. It's a 65 bored to a 72. Gotta love KTM, inverted forks, hydraulic clutch, adjustable suspension. This little bike is shockingly fast!
Attached Images
 
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-08-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
Nice mini motard! I love supermoto's. My DRZ440 supermoto had a crank bearing failure. Now I'm trying to decide if I should put a stroker in it, or part it out and get a KTM 690 SMC...I love those bikes.
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-08-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
The kid and I are both into racing them. It's a total blast!
Attached Images
 
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-08-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
That's a damn good looking bike. I'm pretty sure I've seen you post pics of it before. I wish there was an SM track here in San Antonio. Here's a video of the local hooligan crew.
Old    BLAIR BARHAM (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-08-2011, 1:58 PM Reply   
Here's the little monster I got rid of two weeks ago. Pitster Pro 140, 4 speed with a clutch, oil cooler, inverted forks, piggy back rear shock. It will hit 60 mph before you know and it was all torque. I might of had more fun on this little bike bang bars with friends than any of my big bikes.

And bought for 500 in perfect shape then sold it a year later for 700!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
 
Old    Stanfield (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-09-2011, 7:23 AM Reply   
That video has me wanting to sell my street bike to build a supermoto, but not being able to do long highway rides would be a problem.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-09-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
That video has me wanting to sell my street bike to build a supermoto, but not being able to do long highway rides would be a problem.
If your streetbike is a suzuki, kawasaki or honda...Id sell it too lol. Im kidding, just love from a fellow streetbiker with the better brand haha
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-09-2011, 7:47 AM Reply   
"That video has me wanting to sell my street bike to build a supermoto, but not being able to do long highway rides would be a problem."

You don't sell silly... you add. There are actually many sumos designed to run down the road all day.
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2011, 4:06 AM Reply   
Cliff, do you know Debi, aka Granny? She has DRZ and just recently got a KTM. I believe she lives in WA
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2011, 4:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
That video has me wanting to sell my street bike to build a supermoto, but not being able to do long highway rides would be a problem.
I've never been into sportbikes, but a lot of the guys I ride with have sportbikes and supermoto's. Their sportbikes collect dust. The DRZ sucks on the highway and without a ton of mods it sucks power wise too, but the KTM 690SMC is pretty damn good on the highway...has a 6th gear as well. I'm pretty sure someone on WW has a 690...possible CIE Evan...don't remember
Old    Blake Hughes (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004       12-10-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
Nice work man... You really cleaned it up!

I started off on a 50cc... I now run a full-mod Kawasaki KLX-110 packed full with aftermarket goodies. Riding/racing these little bikes has been a blast, and it's very addicting!

Here's a couple pics of our bikes... The green #6 bike belongs to my wife when my buddies aren't borrowing it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-10-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Cliff, do you know Debi, aka Granny? She has DRZ and just recently got a KTM. I believe she lives in WA.

Bahahahahahahaha.... Debi Johnson. Deb and I are pretty good buddies. We hang out at the same track and give each other crap all the time. Now that she has a Ryan Pugh built bike instead of that clunky DRZ she's a hell of a handful on the track.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by seattle; 12-10-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2011, 4:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake_hughes View Post
Nice work man... You really cleaned it up!

I started off on a 50cc... I now run a full-mod Kawasaki KLX-110 packed full with aftermarket goodies. Riding/racing these little bikes has been a blast, and it's very addicting!

Here's a couple pics of our bikes... The green #6 bike belongs to my wife when my buddies aren't borrowing it.
Damn Blake! Got quite a few of them eh? They look good!. I've been riding this one around and it's a lot of fun to mess around on, but I have to give it up...lol. I've considered getting another POS one and fixing it up for me to ride, but I want to do something stupid with it...like try to fit a 125 2 smoke motor in it....
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2011, 4:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Bahahahahahahaha.... Debi Johnson. Deb and I are pretty good buddies. We hang out at the same track and give each other crap all the time. Now that she has a Ryan Pugh built bike instead of that clunky DRZ she's a hell of a handful on the track.
LOL...that's funny. I know her from Thumpertalk and Drzforums. I've watched some of her videos....she's a good rider for sure.

I've been DROOLING over this street legal RM250 with a CR500 motor. It's for sale in WA, maybe you've seen it around. Not sure if you're a supermotojunkie.com member, but here's his add. If I had the money, it'd be in my garage...the ultimate Hooligan machine.

as the title says i am selling my plated rm250/cr500 supermoto heres a list of the parts

the bike has complete acerbis plastic set
one industries graphics and pre print backrounds
trail tech headlight
ufo tail light
rmz 450 showa suspension front and back
rmz swing arm
pro taper bars
pro taper upper and lower triple clamp
full pro circuit platinum exhaust w/ pro circuit 304 silencer
cyrcra supermoto front fender
acerbis supermoto hand guards
waved rear rotor w /new pads
beringer 4 piston oversized brake calliper
beringer 320mm front oversized rotor
steel braid front brake line
new levers
ims "kick it" kickstand shortened for supermoto
excel pro series supermoto wheels and hubs with rmz 450 carriers
micheline pilot power tires front and rear
frame modified to accept cr500 engine
radiator drilled and cooling port added for cr500 engine
frame swing arm subframe all powder coated.
clean and clear wa title and street legal plate
fresh top end rebuild
boysen clutch cover
boysen ignition cover
5000$ will consider trade for 05 or newer yz250 and cash
not interested in parting the bike out. thanks for looking

only thing this bike needs it a lighting coil or a battery to power the lights.

Old    Cliff Griffin (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
LOL...that's funny. I know her from Thumpertalk and Drzforums. I've watched some of her videos....she's a good rider for sure.

I've been DROOLING over this street legal RM250 with a CR500 motor. It's for sale in WA, maybe you've seen it around. Not sure if you're a supermotojunkie.com member, but here's his add. If I had the money, it'd be in my garage...the ultimate Hooligan machine.

as the title says i am selling my plated rm250/cr500 supermoto heres a list of the parts

the bike has complete acerbis plastic set
one industries graphics and pre print backrounds
trail tech headlight
ufo tail light
rmz 450 showa suspension front and back
rmz swing arm
pro taper bars
pro taper upper and lower triple clamp
full pro circuit platinum exhaust w/ pro circuit 304 silencer
cyrcra supermoto front fender
acerbis supermoto hand guards
waved rear rotor w /new pads
beringer 4 piston oversized brake calliper
beringer 320mm front oversized rotor
steel braid front brake line
new le
ims "kick it" kickstand shortened for supermoto
excel pro series supermoto wheels and hubs with rmz 450 carriers
micheline pilot power tires front and rear
frame modified to accept cr500 engine
radiator drilled and cooling port added for cr500 engine
frame swing arm subframe all powder coated.
clean and clear wa title and street legal plate
fresh top end rebuild
boysen clutch cover
boysen ignition cover
5000$ will consider trade for 05 or newer yz250 and cash
not interested in parting the bike out. thanks for looking

only thing this bike needs it a lighting coil or a battery to power the lights.

His problem is the bike is a total custom. For that price you can buy a well set up crf or smr. Bikes like that one can hide all kinds of gremlins if not done right

Last edited by seattle; 12-11-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old    Blake Hughes (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004       12-11-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendow View Post
Damn Blake! Got quite a few of them eh? They look good!. I've been riding this one around and it's a lot of fun to mess around on, but I have to give it up...lol. I've considered getting another POS one and fixing it up for me to ride, but I want to do something stupid with it...like try to fit a 125 2 smoke motor in it....
I'm down to 2 110's (mine #320, and my wife's #6)... The others were my previous bikes.

The KLX-110 makes a great project bike! They're a lot of fun to wrench on, with tons of options. My wife's bike has a shortened front-end off a KX85 with a 14" rim laced on the hub. Take a look at the front brake rotor... It makes doing stoppies (and getting tossed over the bars) really easy. My bike is a stroked 165cc (which bumps it to a 177cc) with a ported big valve head... Doesn't seem too impressive, but it's only spinning a 12" wheel... It's as fast as (and maybe faster than) a stock 250F. I love the looks we get when my buddies and I ride with the big bikes... A 6'2" dude on a KLX-110 passing guys on 250/450F's isn't cool, but we enjoy it! Lol.

Here's a couple GoPro videos of us on our 110's:

http://youtu.be/6lheEDK_F1I?hd=1

At this race my lap times on the 110 were within 1-2 seconds of my lap times on my 450. Lol
http://youtu.be/fL8RIlbJIwQ?hd=1
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-11-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
I want to build a little super moto....that would be insanely fun. What do you guys start with for a good build?
Old    Stanfield (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       12-13-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
I'd also like to know what the most cost effective bike to start a build with is. I've had a couple CRF 450's setup for mx so I know them well, but am not sure if they would make a good street-able SM? All of the SM's setup for street that come up for sale in my area are WAY overpriced.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:22 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us