Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 8:03 AM Reply   
and this is the gene pool we have running our country...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/29...unken-driving/
Old    Tim C (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-12-2011, 11:48 AM Reply   
I'm surprised that Pesos didn't find this first since he is always watching Fox News
Old    Small Light (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2011, 1:00 PM Reply   
Man I am glad I don't get judged by the crazy $#!T my family does. My direct family is nutty enough, let alone the half-cousins and goof balls I've never met.

We all know politicians are "unique" creatures, since when did we expect their extended families to be infallible? There is a long list of presidential family members with "fun" pasts. Also, I think we can all agree that genes are generally superceded by education and upbringing.
Old    Jeremy (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-12-2011, 5:11 PM Reply   
I'm glad that Nauti judges people based on their uncle's actions.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-12-2011, 5:52 PM Reply   
Lest we forget: http://articles.cnn.com/2000-11-02/p...PM:ALLPOLITICS
Old    Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
Lest we forget: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/wo...s.3272493.html
Old    Nick Schrein (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2011, 8:47 PM Reply   
Just posted that to point out that a lot of people do a lot of dumb stuff when they're younger.

Personally, the thing in the uncle article that bugs me the most is that Obama has illegal family living in the U.S. Something about that just doesn't jibe with me.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-12-2011, 8:56 PM Reply   
I never claimed to be a Bush supporter, nor was i trying to start a political war. All I am saying is this guy lives here illegally for 19 years, gets pulled over for DWI and is like "Get me the White House!" I mean that's kind of comical to me..

As far as the Bush reference, if that was meant to be some type of stinger.. Bush did not have an aunt and uncle living illegally in a country, tax free for 20 years, while he was proposing to raise taxes in said country.
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2011, 8:37 AM Reply   
It is equally disturbing and amusing that Brett can find a correlation(gene pool reference) between the behavior of a person's aunt/uncle and the ability of a person to do their job…..

Not as funny, but just as disturbing, Brett has a vote…. Guess you take the good with the bad, in the land of the free and the home of the brave….
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-13-2011, 9:34 AM Reply   
You claim Mogadishu, Somalia as your home.. Are you here illegally as well?
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
You claim Mogadishu, Somalia as your home.. Are you here illegally as well?
Am I where illegally???? In Somalia?

If I am in Somalia, SE Asia, SA, NA, somewhere in Europe or SE Asia....would my listed WW location give you worry that I was there illegally? What would my location and legal status in said location have to do with your original statement, my retort or this thread in general?

Before you make a snap judgment on me, related to my current location.... would you like to know about what my aunts and uncles have been doing, both good and bad....you know, to formulate a solid opinion if I have the ability to do my profession at a competent level?
Old    Eric (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-13-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardern1 View Post
Personally, the thing in the uncle article that bugs me the most is that Obama has illegal family living in the U.S. Something about that just doesn't jibe with me.
And we have a winner!
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-13-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
This is what I'm talking about...I purposely make a wild assumption, much like you did by assuming my "gene pool reference" was related to a person not being capable of doing his or her job at a competent level, and you just unload with useless jibberish. Did I once ever say that? No. Did I imply that? No. What I did do was state a FACT that the President of the United States of America has two confirmed FAMILY (hence gene pool) members that have been living illegally, tax free, in a country that now will not expedite them because of whom they are related to and potential security risks. If you are ok with our President having illegal family members living off taxpayers money for two decades then hey, more power to you and your beliefs. However, I have to believe that there people out there that don't agree with this. Myself being one.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
This is what I'm talking about...I purposely make a wild assumption, much like you did by assuming my "gene pool reference" was related to a person not being capable of doing his or her job at a competent level
If you didn't intend for the reader to draw that conclusion from your post, then you have demonstrated a vey poor ability to communicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
in a country that now will not expedite them because of whom they are related to and potential security risks. If you are ok with our President having illegal family members living off taxpayers money for two decades then hey, more power to you and your beliefs. However, I have to believe that there people out there that don't agree with this. Myself being one.
How do you know that they aren't "extradited" because of a relationship with the Pres? Were they here before he was Pres?
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-13-2011, 10:58 AM Reply   
John- I don't think there was any poor communication. I simply said the "gene pool that runs our country."Thats pretty straight forward. Should i have said "In the family tree instead?" The alleged charges of DWI are minimal in my point. Does the fact that he got caught drinking and driving make him any more or less smart.. sure i think so. Not really a smart decision, but of course this particular decision of his doesn't directly affect the manner in which the President does his job. That's obvious.

I honestly don't know what the process of "extraditing" is. I know, in the article it states that Zeituni Oyango was denied asylum in 2004 by an immigration judge and then won asylum last year after a judge "found she could be a target in Kenya." Now her brother has the same attorney, it's the same situation..
Old    E.J. (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-13-2011, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett33 View Post
This is what I'm talking about...I purposely make a wild assumption, much like you did by assuming my "gene pool reference" was related to a person not being capable of doing his or her job at a competent level, and you just unload with useless jibberish. Did I once ever say that? No. Did I imply that? No. What I did do was state a FACT that the President of the United States of America has two confirmed FAMILY (hence gene pool) members that have been living illegally, tax free, in a country that now will not expedite them because of whom they are related to and potential security risks. If you are ok with our President having illegal family members living off taxpayers money for two decades then hey, more power to you and your beliefs. However, I have to believe that there people out there that don't agree with this. Myself being one.
Ohhhhhh, well I'll expedite my way out of this thread then..... Wouldn't want to fill it with anymore useless jibberish........

We'll agree to disagree on the Inference of your original post....
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
The comments suggest that Obama is somehow related to allowing these people to stay in the US. I'm not seeing it although it's possible. Just no info is presented to show that to be the case. If that isn't the case then it's irrelevant. AFAIK there are no laws in the US that make you a higher priority for immigration because you have a relative in the govt.

Lastly, I really can't see the point you are arguing. It's clear that your thread subject as posted was to imply that there is a relationship between Obama's performance and his relative's behavior. Denying that only makes you look ridiculous. If you said... "yeah I know there's no relationship, but I thought is was funny" then there would be no argument.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-13-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
I just thought it was crazy to know. Sorry if i offended anyone, but good lord! Just seems extremely sketchy with all our immigration policies that the President of the United States has family members here illegally. You think Barack didn't know they were here? What so this guy just gets a pass for being his uncle.. Just doesn't seem right to me. That's all

edit: John, I agree. If they are not allowed to stay then there is no point, but who knows if they are or arn't?

Last edited by brett33; 09-13-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old    Someone Else (deltahoosier)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-13-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
Don't worry Nauti. They will continue to come back to what they thought you meant even though you have explained yourself properly. They do not like illegal immigration but were perfectly willing to ignore it when it was brought up during the elections that Obama had illegal family in the country and even went as far as tried to re-frame the debate as Republicans were racists and did not believe in immigration when the real issue was Illegal immigration. Same thing different day. Anything to win even if it is dishonest.
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
Once again Delta builds a case based on his delusions.
Old    Nauti 210 (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-13-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
If it is acceptable to have illegal members of the President's family living off American taxpayers, then I must be delusional as well..
Old    John Anderson (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-13-2011, 12:14 PM Reply   
That isn't the delusion. The delusion is that people who voted for Obama were all up in arms over illegal immigrants until they found out Obama had an uncle or aunt here illegally. I never saw any evidence of that.

The point is that it's unacceptable for illegal immigrants to be here because they are illegal. Nobody is suggesting that it's OK for them to be here illegally because they are related to the President. If anyone has any evidence that they are being given special treatment because of their relation then that is a valid complaint.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:28 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us