Alpine Tech Support is closed on the weekend, and I'd really like to get this working if possible. Google search came back with 3 other postings in crappy forums for my same problem with no resolutions posted (that's for both the MC10 and MC20).
- Alpine iDA-X100M head unit
- MC10 transom remote (same as the MC20 but doesn't do dual-zone volume, which is fine because the X100 doesn't either).
Unit powers up, syncs to head unit, has 4 bars of signal, and the display shows what it should be (if on Sirius, shows channel, artist, all that jive, if on iPod shows that stuff, etc). But the buttons won't control the head unit at all. I have tried:
- Resetting the MC10 and reprogramming it, following the instructions exactly. All the steps work exactly how it says in the manual, but still the buttons don't work.
- The buttons have to physically work, as you have the press 3 of them to get to the programming mode.
- Reset the head unit, no go
- Tried both constant and switched power (should be on switched power, but tried both when resetting the unit)
- I unplugged the remote harness from the head unit, then when it powers on it shows Alpine then goes blank, which is what I would expect. Connecting it back just brought the display back on, but still no control.
I have ran out of ideas.