Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Phil (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-18-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
so i thought i was seriously starting to look into an Axis A22, but i dont like the windshield and i think that power coated tower is pretty hideous (sorry for the knock), i also dont know if im super crazy about the color schemes etc.

Nautique i dont really like the seating arrangements and the sundeck.

MC i feel everyone has and is a bit pricey

MB im still unsure about this is making finals

Malibu i really like but still paying out the ass.

tige is a dream boat but again too much to afford

i've been looking and looking, and i cant believe how sexy the new Supra's are.

im thinking 21v, anyone had any experiences, i have a moomba now so shouldnt be a huge change, just get more bells and whistles with higher quality materials.

im more so looking to get like a year old one w/ 100hrs or less since the higher end boats are a little up there.
Old    Diggs (pdxWAKE) (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2011, 3:35 PM Reply   
I am a huge fan of the 21V. They changed the hull in 09. Still pretty similar to the older hulls but totally new top deck. Handles great, awesome wake, all sorts of features built into the new VISION system that started in 2010. Tons of storage and very comfortable. Ballast is all plug and play so very easy to change ballast configurations too.
Let me know if you have specific questions and I should be able to help you. What year are you thinking? Have you looked new and tried to cut a deal with your dealer? They are certainly more affordable than the other brands mentioned and to be honest you get so many other little features for that too.
Old    Andrew Carnacchi (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-18-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
Phil,

We have a 21v that I think you would really like and can get a smoking end of the year deal on. Give me a call at the shop.

Andrew
Old    PLR (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-19-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Since I am going to get to ride behind whatever you buy, do I get a vote?

(start sarcasm) I say new X25. Its only money and you only live once. You know that I would do it. (end sarcasm)

Since I have only looked at most of the boats you mentioned at the boat show, this isn't going to help you at all, but since you asked....

The MBs look really nice. I really like the new classic gel scheme. The ballast system seems genius. If we had any closer to us, it would have been at the top of the list to go and check out (especially since Huber's can work on PCM).

The Supras look great and since the wake will be similar to yours, you are going to like riding behind it. The lines seem pretty classic and those boats always seem like they are going to age well.
Old    Tre (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-19-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
I was boat shopping recently and I ended up with another Supra. However, I did not find them any cheaper than a comparable Malibu and Mastercraft. They have relaly raised their prices quite a lot. Of course everything is cheaper than Nautique.

Anyway, the 21V is a great boat with a great wake.
Old    Michael Hunter (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-19-2011, 7:40 PM Reply   
You found Nautique to be higher than Mastercraft?
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       07-19-2011, 10:56 PM Reply   
Go with the supra. Wish we had. Check out Sanger as well. We really like the Axis but the windshield will take getting use too. Will again be boat shopping at the end of summer. Good luck to you.
Old    Chris Walker (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-20-2011, 6:19 AM Reply   
Sent PM
Old    Justin (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2011, 8:42 AM Reply   
I have a 2008 21V and love it. I knew I wanted a Supra right away after seeing NAWs, and at our 2nd wakefest a dealer brought one and I was hooked. It finally all came together last year, picked up our 21V with 0 hours.

Get the Z5 cargo rack ifyou can work it in. I didn't, but luckily found someone selling one. Having a Bimini is a must, but the Z5 is so much more than that. The storage for boards and a tube on top is killer and leaves you with a lot of room. Also, try and find one with the 340 HP CAT EXT motor. You wont be disappointed. Get rid of the boat buddy on thetrailer and just put a roller in its place.

Sent with my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typos.
Old    Chris (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2011, 9:20 AM Reply   
nautigirl, what don't you like about your axis?
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       07-20-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
I love the Axis's. I think my post sounded like we had one. That is probably number 1 on my list right now. I was saying that the windshield on the side would need to get used to but I would. Malibu Ride is in the mix we are looking at plus supra. All good boats but I want to make sure it is from a good dealer fairly close to where I live. I know the Malibu dealer really well have had 2 VLX,s from him. Great guy and service. He doesn't carry Axis.
Old    Chris (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-20-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
Yeah don't put an ipod on the dash of an axis, as someone on this forum learned at powell
Old    D. Cooper (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-20-2011, 2:02 PM Reply   
The windshield not wrapping around to the side would be a difficult thing for the lakes in my area.
Old    Kevin (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-20-2011, 2:53 PM Reply   
I owned a 21V before buying my 24SSV GG. I loved that boat and only reason I sold it is because someone came up to me at the boat launch and offered me too much money not to sell it. Boat has a great wake (I think its a lot better than the Moomba), tons of room and storage, and handled like a smaller boat. The new layout (09 and up) is nice too. Mine had the 325 which was plenty of power for that boat if you have the wakeboard/altitude prop. The boat buddy is a great feature - just have to use it properly - drive up centered and don't slam into it.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-22-2011, 10:14 PM Reply   
I cant believe there arent more MB props coming up! Have you looked at any new MB's ? I dont know that you can beat the price and quality of an MB, if you see one in person you will understand =-)
Old    Cipher (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-22-2011, 10:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautigirls View Post
I love the Axis's. I think my post sounded like we had one. That is probably number 1 on my list right now. I was saying that the windshield on the side would need to get used to but I would. Malibu Ride is in the mix we are looking at plus supra. All good boats but I want to make sure it is from a good dealer fairly close to where I live. I know the Malibu dealer really well have had 2 VLX,s from him. Great guy and service. He doesn't carry Axis.
Why are you posting?

"Now I remember why I stopped posting and looking on this site a few years ago. Too many haters and insulters. If you can't say something nice then don't say anything. I didn't post pictures of the new boat for a few weeks for just this reason. You pay a lot of money for a boat you love only to have someone insult it. I like how it looks. You don't have to. Won't be on this site again so flame away"

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...10#post1674510
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-22-2011, 11:59 PM Reply   
mmobius...

I'm sure you read the forum a lot, so you probably know I recently went through a Supra 21V vs. MB F21 Tomcat decision.

Those are two sweet boats (although very different); you really can't go wrong with either. I know everybody says this, but you have to demo them both to know for sure. It will become very obvious which is the right boat for you and your crew.

One thing that's cool about each manufacturer is they have both made many changes over the past few years, so the boats they are putting out today are on par with, and in some ways superior to the more expensive brands.

Here is a thread from when I went though my decision making process (including lots of photos and my thoughts after my first 21V demo). I hope it helps.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786850
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       07-23-2011, 12:59 AM Reply   
Cipher or whatever your name is:
I AM POSTIng BECAUSE I Can. Don'.t like it too bad. I have been on this forum for years You just signed up. You are exactly the kind of person who likes to bully and put people down. Do you hate females? Does it get you off to attack people? Something I have never done. Or is because of your shortcomings? Wwatever I don't care and I will post whenever I want. Don't like it take it up with a therapist. I think you need one.

Last edited by nautigirls; 07-23-2011 at 1:04 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old    Jarrod Perkins (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-23-2011, 4:32 AM Reply   
I hear ya on the dealership being close and being able to get along with. When I was shopping last year I had my mind made up between axis and supra. I went with supra for various reasons but the main thing was they are only a few miles from my house as opposed to the axis dealer that was around 20 miles away. I know I'm spoiled to have dealers so close but it was definitely a selling point.

My biggest pet peeve with axis is the drivers seat. Mine as open air flow and it still gets hot when sitting for any period of time. The seat in the axis seemed too narrow for me and didn't seem like it would breathe at all. Oh well I'm sure I would've been happy either way. Good luck to ya
Old    Cipher (Cipher)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-23-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautigirls View Post
---hysteria---
nautigirls or whatever your name is: you exceeded my expectations.

Congrats!
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       07-23-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Cipher,
You are still an ass. Try to post something positive and helpful. You might like it.
Old    Phil (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-23-2011, 3:25 PM Reply   
def like the amount of boat for the $$$ that MB offers, it's def on my list of demo's but im not really sure i like the tiny sun pad, one of the big things i like about skiers choice is the big sun pads and the tall towers (mb also has)

looks like there is a dealer about an hr from me, i'll def be demoing some boats when i get really ready.
Old    Matt (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2011, 5:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautigirls View Post
Go with the supra. Wish we had. Check out Sanger as well. We really like the Axis but the windshield will take getting use too. Will again be boat shopping at the end of summer. Good luck to you.
Why do you "wish" you had gone with a Supra?
Old    DBC (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-23-2011, 8:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Why do you "wish" you had gone with a Supra?
Oh boy. Here we go...

Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       07-23-2011, 8:30 PM Reply   
Matt,
By trying to save a few dollars we got a good boat but not the best boat for us. There are just something's on our boat that we are not happy with. Not awful things but things that are annoying to us maybe not anyone else. We had looked at a supra and loved it but decided to try to save some money so got the one we have now. Don't get me wrong it is a good boat but if I could rewind and do it over we would . I really like the fit and finish on supra's and there reputation for great customer service. I also like the track and handling better as well The wake is great on ours but the supra's is just as good We've been on our friends supra 21v and it is really nice. It is all subjective to what you want. All of the boats mentioned above are great boats. Just get the one you like best and don't let a few dollars more or less be the reason you get it. We won't make that mistake again! We are looking hard at an Axis right now and also a Malibu 23 vride and a supra 22v. But again we have a really nice boat and who knows we may keep it.....

Last edited by nautigirls; 07-23-2011 at 8:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old    JR Smith (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-23-2011, 11:31 PM Reply   
I'd look at MB. They are improving but still have a few things to do to make it one of the top boats. Personally I;d go Malibu or Supra. All good boats though. Depends what is most important to you. Also make sure you get a good dealer. Probably most important.
Old    Seahawks #1 Fan Robert T (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-24-2011, 4:22 AM Reply   
THEIR is alot of bias on wakeworld.But Nautigirls put it best.Don't buy a price or a deal.Buy a boat YOU like and YOU want and you will be happy.If you buy a price or a deal you may not be as happy.
Old    Phil (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2011, 4:25 AM Reply   
yeah, probably in order of importance:

1. Wake
2. Price/ Keeping all the options i have now and hopefully adding some
3. Interior Room
4. Design/Fit&Finish

Thing is i really like my moomba, i like the wake alot i like big airs and grabbing. My wake is clean to 70ft at 23mph and hitting it is like a brick i like that feeling the "buck" like hit.

Things i would change:

1. When towing a rider my boat is all over the place, you're constantly readjusting in a straight line
2. The Carpet is absolutely dead, looks like cheep outdoor carpet, i'd like a thicker oz
3. The tower speakers (which i could always replace the cans but they dont look polished anymore very dull and looks rusty
4. Rubber tower pads connecting tower to the boat are almost all the way off
5. I'd like interior lighting for at night, right now i rig the tower light down to shine a bit in cabin
6. My window in the middle is like off line now, you gotta give it some elbow grease to close it
7. i'd like a little bigger captain chair that swivels.
8. goes back to #1 but the wake is very touchy, when i have more than 2 people in boat, i'd like to not have to direct people from the water where to sit to get the wake even.

theres probably a couple more but its late/early the things i love about skiers choice:

1. Roomy interior, love it
2. so many options for the affordability, i have PP, racks, tower speakers, heater, 325hp FI motor, Sub, 1000lb Gravity ballast, lots of storage, the tower is nice and tall, Bimini etc
3. i love the stance of the boat in and out of water

when i say wake is most important it is, even though im older now and have a GF that will soon be fiance and soon to be wife after that, and we have a little english bulldog that we like to take out on the water from time to time, i still want a wakeboard boat for the wake, not for entertaining and family (although is starting to become important)

I rule out mastercraft not only for the price but overall while the wake is good, my style im not the hugest fan of their wakes, its smooth but i hate having to wait so long for the pop, i like "hitting" it

i love malibu's wake, i love my wake, never tried sanger, mb, axis, or SAN.

im rambling now, not even sure if this post is useful
Old    Joel Treiger (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-24-2011, 6:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmobius2001 View Post
yeah, probably in order of importance:

1. Wake
2. Price/ Keeping all the options i have now and hopefully adding some
3. Interior Room
4. Design/Fit&Finish

Thing is i really like my moomba, i like the wake alot i like big airs and grabbing. My wake is clean to 70ft at 23mph and hitting it is like a brick i like that feeling the "buck" like hit.

Things i would change:

1. When towing a rider my boat is all over the place, you're constantly readjusting in a straight line
2. The Carpet is absolutely dead, looks like cheep outdoor carpet, i'd like a thicker oz
3. The tower speakers (which i could always replace the cans but they dont look polished anymore very dull and looks rusty
4. Rubber tower pads connecting tower to the boat are almost all the way off
5. I'd like interior lighting for at night, right now i rig the tower light down to shine a bit in cabin
6. My window in the middle is like off line now, you gotta give it some elbow grease to close it
7. i'd like a little bigger captain chair that swivels.
8. goes back to #1 but the wake is very touchy, when i have more than 2 people in boat, i'd like to not have to direct people from the water where to sit to get the wake even.

theres probably a couple more but its late/early the things i love about skiers choice:

1. Roomy interior, love it
2. so many options for the affordability, i have PP, racks, tower speakers, heater, 325hp FI motor, Sub, 1000lb Gravity ballast, lots of storage, the tower is nice and tall, Bimini etc
3. i love the stance of the boat in and out of water

when i say wake is most important it is, even though im older now and have a GF that will soon be fiance and soon to be wife after that, and we have a little english bulldog that we like to take out on the water from time to time, i still want a wakeboard boat for the wake, not for entertaining and family (although is starting to become important)

I rule out mastercraft not only for the price but overall while the wake is good, my style im not the hugest fan of their wakes, its smooth but i hate having to wait so long for the pop, i like "hitting" it

i love malibu's wake, i love my wake, never tried sanger, mb, axis, or SAN.

im rambling now, not even sure if this post is useful
I disagree with your order of importance completely. Build quality should be number 1. Do you want to have a boat that rattles and sounds like it's going to break if you hit a double up? Or that's in the shop more than lake? When you Put a lot of weight in it does the walkthrough window still close? If not its Not because of poor fit and finish its because the hull is flexing. Functionality should be 2. Does the boat do everything that you want. Does it have enough room and storage? The right seating arrangement for you? Does it wakeboard and surf well or whatever other Watersports you want to do?

All these boats have great wakes albeit slightly different. How sensitive the wake is is a huge deal. Huge! You don't want to be shifting people around all day so you can get a good pull.

Things I would change about my X-15...... None.
Old    Shawndoggy (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-24-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautigirls View Post
Matt,
By trying to save a few dollars we got a good boat but not the best boat for us. There are just something's on our boat that we are not happy with. Not awful things but things that are annoying to us maybe not anyone else. We had looked at a supra and loved it but decided to try to save some money so got the one we have now. Don't get me wrong it is a good boat but if I could rewind and do it over we would . I really like the fit and finish on supra's and there reputation for great customer service. I also like the track and handling better as well The wake is great on ours but the supra's is just as good We've been on our friends supra 21v and it is really nice. It is all subjective to what you want. All of the boats mentioned above are great boats. Just get the one you like best and don't let a few dollars more or less be the reason you get it. We won't make that mistake again! We are looking hard at an Axis right now and also a Malibu 23 vride and a supra 22v. But again we have a really nice boat and who knows we may keep it.....
What is it that you don't like? There's an awful lot of MB fanboys on here and it would be good for people who may be in the market to hear what it is you don't like. No boat is perfect after all.
Old    JR Smith (wakintime)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-24-2011, 2:05 PM Reply   
I think nautigirls made it clear that they like there boat but like a few different things that they wish they change. They seem to like supra but really never said anything bad about the boat they have. I know that they seemed to picked there wording pretty carefully. They ended saying they may keep the boat. I think most people have things on their boat that they wish they could tweek. I have a Malibu VLX and there is still little things I would change. I am also looking at MB. I pm nautigirls and got the answers I was looking for. I am now going to seriously look at a 2012 F21. I will be going to the nearest dealer to me. Hopefully it is a good one.
Old    Phil (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-24-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spf2275 View Post
I disagree with your order of importance completely. Build quality should be number 1. Do you want to have a boat that rattles and sounds like it's going to break if you hit a double up? Or that's in the shop more than lake? When you Put a lot of weight in it does the walkthrough window still close? If not its Not because of poor fit and finish its because the hull is flexing. Functionality should be 2. Does the boat do everything that you want. Does it have enough room and storage? The right seating arrangement for you? Does it wakeboard and surf well or whatever other Watersports you want to do?

All these boats have great wakes albeit slightly different. How sensitive the wake is is a huge deal. Huge! You don't want to be shifting people around all day so you can get a good pull.

Things I would change about my X-15...... None.
yeah dude, i was on no sleep at 6am in the morning posting that, i lost focus and thoughts, i wanted to get across that the #1 thing that i care about is the wake as far as what im gonna use it for, i dont need a "ton" of room but would be nice, storage the same.

but say i had it between 2, and im only looking for higher ends atm so i really cant go wrong as far as quality thats why it wasnt really on my list, its a given for the most part.

but if it was between 2 and i was 50/50, im gonna go w/ the one that i liked the wake on the best, even if the other had a little more space, or 1 cool little option etc.

that was just the point i was trying to get out.

i've ridden an X-15 and they are pretty nice, good quality, roomy, good wake, it is a nice boat, congrats sir
Old    Joel Treiger (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-24-2011, 6:37 PM Reply   
I definitely get your point and agree from a rider standpoint. If your looking from a rider standpoint then wake and wake consistency are #1. From an overall boating standpoint is where the others come into play.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:47 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us