Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Benjamin Oates (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       06-21-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
My raw water pump went out this weekend on my 98 Sanger V210. Took it off and bearings appear to be broken. Anyone ever rebuild one of these before? New pumps are about $400 and I just bought new bearings and seals for $65 so I'm hoping I can install them myself. Looks like the pulley is pressed on and I'm not sure how to take it all apart or put it back together. Any tips or advice would be great I want to get back on the water ASAP!
Old    Colin P (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-21-2011, 3:11 PM Reply   
Yes the whole thing is pressed together. You can try working it apart with a hammer, punches and sockets but I think it would be better to go to someone with a press, like your local machine shop.
Old    Benjamin Oates (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       06-21-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Colin. So if I bring it to a shop and they pull it apart for me is it basically just sliding everything on to the shaft and having it pressed back together? Really easy?
Old    Colin P (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-21-2011, 9:48 PM Reply   
Yeah, better yet go to the shop with a assembly diagram from mercruiser. I think I have one, email me directly at colinportus@hotmail.com
Old    Matt Crowe (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-27-2011, 7:09 AM Reply   
Hey not to jack your thread....but where did you get the parts to rebuild the water pump? I want to do this for the pump on my LTR engine. I just can not seem to find the parts?? Thanks - Matt
Old    Tim (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-27-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
Benjamin something does not sound right.

I purchased a new pump from my local Mastercraft dealer instead of rebuilding the water pump on my direct drive Malibu. Installed it myself. I'm guessing but I think the new pump was about $135 or 165. The dealer, who I have known for 15 years, told me to spend the money for new versus rebuilding because wear of the other parts would have me down again. My diesel Tiara pump was about $325 new and the rebuild installed was more because of the labor. You may want to confirm your pricing before you rebuild.
Old    Benjamin Oates (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       06-28-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
Tim - I'm pretty sure on the price. I checked online and also with local shops and even Sanger. The best I found was around $350, most were over $400. I may be wrong but I think some (maybe all idk) boats have two water pumps. One is the regular engine water pump and one is the raw/sea water pump. Maybe the one you replaced was the cheaper of the two? That or you just got a great price.

Matt - I know what you mean I searched all over the internet and couldnt find the parts anywhere. I ended up finding them at a local shop. They were able to find the part numbers for me and even had them in stock. The new bearings and seals came out to about $65 and after deciding I couldnt do it myself I found a shop to do it for $100.