Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
Anyone been behind one - know someone with one?!

We use to have a hydrodyne years ago and it was an AWESOME boat.... ended up selling it to get a v-drive (Supersport 210).

Now our needs/wants have changed in a boat from 100% hardcore wakeboard boat = SAN we have now to a larger more versitile boat - 23 ft, 100"+ beam, better surf wake, still has a decent wakeboard wake.

Came across a Hydrodyne VX Air and just don't know much about them, any info would be great it seems to meet our needs:

23 ft
102" beam (seller says it hold up to 20 people! - is this true?!)
Sirius satellite radio
Kenwood sound system with iPod
4 MB Quart new speakers and 2 Kenwood subs
4 Wake Designs tower speakers
2 wired stereo remotes (passenger and transom)
10 speakers total with CD, Sirius, iPod, FM
Large teak swim platform
New 40 oz. Premier Newport carpet
New NANO Block moonrock vinyl (no holes or punctures)
Heater for driver feet and passenger
Hot/Cold water transom shower
Tower with 4 integrated board racks
U shaped V-drive rear seating
Cruise control with foot control - ** What is this?!**
GPS speed and nav
11 stainless beverage holders
2 props (stock 4 blade OJ and new 3 blade Cutter)

Thanks again
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-23-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Nick I'm like 99% sure that this year/model Hydrodyne is a rebadged Calabria Pro V.. You'd probably find more information looking into Calabrias as I believe the purchased Hydrodyne and put out there boats for a couple years.

And fitting 20 and having 20 CG approved is two different things.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-23-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Nice looking boat - that tower sucks.. They have problems with cracking and wet boards drip all over your head. Keep that in mind while purchasing.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
And fitting 20 and having 20 CG approved is two different things.
Amen to that, we usually have 6-10 people and thats why we're looking to get rid of the SAN210 - just to cramped with that many... if it could hold 20 then it should comfotably hold 10.

Quote:
that tower sucks
Yup, pretty darn gross.

thanks for the tip on the Pro V - best part is its fairly cheap, I think after selling our 210 it won't be much out of pocket

Thanks!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
After digging a big, looks like the 01' Hydrodyne Super V = 01' Calabria Pro-V
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-23-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
^^ big boats, good reputation.. some of them had vert ballast, no pumps..
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
Thats what I've been trying to find with the Hydrodyne - seems most (maybe all) Pro-Vs from that year do have the vert, but since the hydrodyne is fairly rare info is getting tough to find
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
If you do get it, you CANNOT remove the name from the transom!!!!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2011, 11:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you do get it, you CANNOT remove the name from the transom!!!!!!
I emailed the info on the boat to my buddy who is 50/50 with me on our current boat--- I told him he only had to see one.... thats the one I sent.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-23-2011, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Thats what I've been trying to find with the Hydrodyne - seems most (maybe all) Pro-Vs from that year do have the vert, but since the hydrodyne is fairly rare info is getting tough to find
iirc - it's the exact same boat, different badges and maybe a few different accessory options. 99% sure they wouldn't have changed the ballast out from one to ther other.

Call Calabria
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
true story. i owned an 02 Hydro and the glove box lid actually said Calabria. All parts swap over. Call the factory directly...I didnt have a dealer anywhere near, and they drop shipped me any part that I needed.

for reference, the boat IS NOT 23' long. it is 21'6" (or close). it is completely deceptive in that it is a cab forward design (tiny bow), and has a dished out, 102" beam main cabin. i wish more boats were built with maximum space in the main cabin and less in the bow....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-24-2011, 4:01 PM Reply   
Like others have said it is a Calabria Pro V which is 21'6" with a 102" beam. There is no boat, even today's boats that have the interior width of that boat. It is like a frigging living room. The downfall is that they are fairly low profile so the seats/freeboard are pretty shallow on them. Probably no worse then your 210 though. I had an 03 Calabria direct drive and I thought the quality was definately there. It was a very nice boat and very plush.

I probably wouldn't be to excited about the boat if it didn't have purevert. Even if id does you will want to plumb in or add rear sacs and something up front in the walkway. I have never ridden behind one but from what has been said about the ProV the wakeboard wake is ok with some extra weight. The surf wake is pretty good I believe. It should have a manual trim plate on the back. It might be nice to swap that out for an actual trim tab. Like the others have said the tower is probably junk so you may need a different one eventually.

All of that said I would love to have a ProV because of the pure vert, interior room, quality and surf ability.

Am I right assuming it is priced somewhere right around 20k?