EDIT: just realized this thread was for speed apps and not volume based speed apps. anyway, leaving my post for prosperity... The last 2 do show your current gps based speed.
I downloaded 3 free apps yesterday and am just starting to test them out while driving around town, will test on boat this weekend. But so far, here's my first impressions
- you can set minimum volume and then three levels of volume increase (1, 2, 3). Not sure how the three levels are calculating increase, could just be multiples. 3 is the loudest.
- this app doesn't let you specify at what speed the audio should be a full volume (or target volume)
- this app controls volume from other music apps other than itunes/apple music app, but it really wants to play music from iTunes/music app. Tapping the audio controls or a few other buttons in this app by mistake will stop my rdio or spottily app and starts playing from iTunes. Annoying.
- I won't be using this app or its paid upgraded
- This app lets you set your minimum volume and what speed that minimum volume coincides with. It also lets you set your maximum volume and what speed that max coincides with. Great!
- It works with all my music apps (for volume control) and does not offer track selection/play capabilities. fine by me. I can do all that from the lock screen.
- works well in background mode
- crashed once, but so far my favorite of the three.
- This app lets you set min volume and min speed and max volume and max speed, just like audio cruise.
- this app sometimes stops working in background mode and at a full stop it goes completely quiet, 0 volume. not my minimum volume.
- This app is always trying to adjust the volume, which shows the volume adjust popup over whatever app you are using currently. incredibly annoying.
- not going wit this app either.
There' s a couple 0.99 apps also with good reviews, but so far audio cruise seems to be working great.
Last edited by augie_09; 06-12-2014 at 10:12 AM.