I replaced the steering cable in my 2003 mastercraft X 30
It was really easy I ordered the cable from the mastercraft dealer in Minnesota for $155
I could barely turn the wheel and now I can easily move it with a pinky
1) unbolt the 4 bolts under the steering wheel, and pull it around and through the kick wall. You should be able to grab it under the bow cushion.
2) Disconnect from the rudder and unscrew from the shaft.
3) tie a rope or sometype of cable to rudder end.
4) Pull it through toward the bow side. (I did pull up the floor board above the gas tank but I could of done it without doing that.)
5) Once you have it through, tie rudder side of new cable to rope/cable feed it into the hole behind the kick wall from the bow side.
6) Pull back through to rudder, slide through shaft and reconnect to rudder. Re attach the four bolts to the bottom of the steering wheel.
7) If you haven't done recently get a grease gun and add some to the shaft the steering cable went through and to the rudder. (There is a little metal niple the grease gun will attach to)