Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Greg McNeill (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-24-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
So I had a trailer tire come apart last Nov and it damage the fender, so after ordering a new fender I made a quick modification before I put it back together. I had seen some fenders fold from people standing on them, so I bought some metal and welded a support bracket on the underside of both fenders. You would be amazed at how much stiifer the fenders are. I was going to paint both fenders, but chose to have them rhino lined instead and I'm glad I did.
Attached Images

Old    Bill K (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
Right on, Greg. I was at Mark's place last weekend & he has Linexed his entire trailer. Looks good & is a LOT tougher than any painted trailer.

BTW, I have 5 bar diamond plate on the top of my own trailer fenders & have never noticed any flex at all.
Old    Greg McNeill (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       04-25-2011, 3:30 PM Reply   
I realize I'm not close to Mark now, but there was a lot of flex when he stepped on them They really don't flex that much, but I had the fenders off, so it was easy to take care of and it gave me an excuse to play with the welder, it did make a huge difference though.