Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-14-2011, 8:09 AM Reply   
I ran some numbers a couple weeks ago on gas costs and such to drive my truck every day. Last time I did the numbers it would be a break even with insurance cost to drive an econobox. Numbers changed and if gas stays high I can save a couple thousand a year in gas by only using the truck to pull the boat and for 2-3 months over winter. So I'm in the market for a fun little econobox.

I use Craigslist heavily when looking for anything. I've had great success buying cars/trucks/boats and misc other items like tools and such. Thing is I find so many ads these days with no phone number, and relatively little information... Like not even saying what engine and transmission, or much about general condition. Then some ramble on about only serious buyers, no tire kickers.

I've sent out about 10-15 emails in the past week, with questions, request for more pictures, and including my phone number. Less than half responded, and some were to say the car is sold. To which I flag the post and ask them to remove it. The ones that are more than an hours drive away typically don't have pictures, or don't want to take more pictures and say "Come have a look at it any time". Yeah, if it wasn't a few hours drive each direction I'd come have a look on a whim, but I'm not going to waste a whole day and a bunch of gas to go look at something that I have no idea of the condition.

It irritates me as when I go to look at something I show up with cash in hand. If it checks out and I like it, done deal. I don't waste people's time as I dislike it when people waste my time. When I sell something I put a general description/summary, list of good and bad points, good quality pictures showing everything, phone contact info, etc. The only reason I should be getting a call is is to set up a time to come have a look at what I'm selling.

I'm getting frustrated with my search. It seems sellers aren't serious these days compared to the last few times I've bought vehicles on CL. Anyone else have this problem or maybe it's a regional thing? Perhaps this should go on the rants & raves section of CL.