Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Jamie Corvin (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       03-20-2011, 9:28 AM Reply   
Anyone use the trailering straps on their Z5 rack. I bought a 07 Supra 21V and got a set of trailering kit from Z5 but I am not sure where to mount the anchor brackets that came with it. Post pictures if possible.

Thanks
Old    Diggs (pdxWAKE) (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-20-2011, 12:32 PM Reply   
I don't use them. Probably would if I travelled a very long way....
Old    Travis (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-20-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
I used this setup when I had my Z-5, it worked great, no drilling into tower necessary and you can remove them when they are not needed. Cost was about $10 for straps/clips from REI. I towed at 70+MPH on the freeway and had no problems.
Attached Images

Old    Kat Laird (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-20-2011, 4:02 PM Reply   
I only use them if I'm towing a long way (over 2 hours @ 60+ mph). Do you have the thin string type, with loop on one end and the rope slides through a tensioner? If so, I put mine on the bimini's top front section just behind the 1st horizontal bar, run through the pop up eye ring on the bow, back through the loop and tighten down & tie loose ends. If that makes no sense, I can put mine on and send you a pic!
Old    Drew Richardson (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       03-20-2011, 4:50 PM Reply   
I live in Orlando and actually went to Z5 and met with Ray while we sized up the Z5 for my demo V226 surf boat, Ray said that as long as you have a little "rake" forward tilt ....then all you need is straps in the front to keep the rack from blowing up and...not so good....
Old    Rob (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       03-24-2011, 8:19 AM Reply   
I use the straps to tie the front down to the grab handles in the bow of the boat. I have some rake down in the front and it turns out that the straps actually have some slack on the highway so I guess they aren't doing much. I use them anyway.

By the way, I have a black tower and black windshield frame so I just had my Z-5 powder coated black...it looks GREAT!
Old    Brain Rinse (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2011, 7:01 PM Reply   
Mine has a little rake to it and the straps came loose and scratched my tower up. Don't use them anymore. Would love to see pics of the powdercoated Z5!
Old    Rob (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       03-28-2011, 7:22 PM Reply   
I posted photos here and the before shot gives you an idea of my rake.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...03#post1668903