Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (normrd)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-14-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 Malibu sunsetter VLX and have been looking at adding an auto ballast system. We typically wakeboard with just my v-drive sacs filled (350#) and surf with the surf sac filled (750#). Esp since we have different footed riders was looking for a system to mostly automate the two rears and maybe the ski locker.

I have had quotes from shops for $1500-1000 for the system. One gave me a parts breakdown from wakemakers and it was about $750 in just parts. New bags(mine are straight line and wanted to use fly high due to the connections), 4 pumps, switches, hoses, clamps, etc. First do you think this estimate is reasonable?

Second, anyway you think I could save some money on this? DIY seems a little tough as not really excited about drilling holes in the boat and the electrical. Was hoping to reuse my current bags straight line sumo sac 750# (put one in each side of engine) so can fill 1/2 for wakeboarding or just 1 full for surfing. Then could also reuse my sumo/uber pumps and just add 2 tsunami's for drain. Figure that would save a couple hundred bucks in parts.

Basically now the guys i ride with know the drill and filling doesn't seem that bad, but seems every few years i get tired of it and start kicking idea around to automate again...is there anything i'm missing or is it basically $1000 ish to get it done or save a couple hundred and DIY...so call it $700-800 or so.

Thanks,
Norm