Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old    Kyle P (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-04-2009, 7:49 AM Reply   
Someone posted this on my twitter account. Has this photo been doctored? I can't tell. Something about the outline of the hair and the clouds looks weird to me?

http://www.jetpilot.com/jetpilot/blog-article//308
Old    Ben Wilcox (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-04-2009, 8:05 AM Reply   
Well, since its posted on the Jetpilot website, I am going to take "real" and run with it. I would assume there is something similar to the "it cant be posted in an ad unless it was landed (or stated otherwise)" going on with the site. They arent gonna pass off a fake massive batwing as real just to promote product.
Old    Kyle P (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-04-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
I just thought that it was weird that:

- "We just came across this shot"

- and that there was no credit given to a photographer?

It is an amazing shot if it is legit. I just could not tell. I know that there are a lot of people on this site with better photoshop eyes than mine...

I was not trying to call anyone out, I just was just curious.
Old    Kirk (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       02-04-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
Look where the center of the wake is and look at where the direction of his line is from? Unless he was using a kicker from another boat it looks kinda odd...
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-04-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
It is real, I think it is a Lu Le shot I he was the only other photog in the boat as I can remember. This is one i got from the same session. Shane was going huge! He won best trick and was 1 or 2 frames from also winning biggest air.

I was more focused on getting his toe back 7.
Upload
Old    Kyle P (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-04-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
Thanks Riley. The part I was having trouble understanding was the outline of the white cloud directly underneath Shane's hand. I guess it was just the lighting/weather.

Either way, it is just huge.

Upload
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-04-2009, 11:57 AM Reply   
Here is another. the light was really cool that day as the clouds moved in!

Upload
Old    Kyle P (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-04-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Thanks Riley. That is some crazy air.

By the way. I like the "rb" logo. Is that new?
Old    Blake Hughes (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Judging by the reaction of everyone in the boat... I'd say it's true. Here's the video (go to 3:35 for Shane's clip): Parks Double or Nothing

Be sure you check out Shaun Murray's skills, too!
Old    RileyBangerter (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-04-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
Thanks Kyle, yeah I switched my site from steezyshots.com to rileybangerter.net

Being in the boat was fun! Parks was driving and after Shane landed the Toe back 7 Parks started going crazy and he said something like "watch this I am gonna give him the fattest double up ever!"

It was awesome for sure!
Old    Blake Hughes (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004       02-04-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   

quote:

Being in the boat was fun! Parks was driving and after Shane landed the Toe back 7 Parks started going crazy and he said something like "watch this I am gonna give him the fattest double up ever!"

No, I'm not jealous... At all! Hanging out with that crowd has to kick a lot of butt.
Old    Lu Le (master_lu)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-16-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
Yeah I know, i'm a little late at replying...just found this in a search engine.

Riley is right, that shot is definitely legit! Shane was feeling it that day for sure. Gotta love how companies take your photos and crop out your watermarks and not giving ya a photo credit! Happens all too often