Articles

Pics/Video

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-10-2010, 4:57 AM Reply   
There were a lot of people on my boat over labor day weekend, and some A-hole let their wet bag sit on 3 different places on my boat. The bag bled through and stained my white interior blue. I tried to get it out with oxy clean, but that didn't work. Any suggestions?
Old    Bawshogg (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-10-2010, 6:11 AM Reply   
Sun is your friend with this issue. I once had a situation where some drunk friends thought it would be funny to draw all over another drunk chick with a magic marker all over her body. Needless to say after the arteests were done, she moved and sat in a different spot. I then had a perfect picture of a naked man with a rather large dong printed on my seat perfectly! Tried srcubbing and magic eraser, all the normal stuff. Nothing would phase the sharpie, even tried a rag with a little acetone on it. No go. After about 3-4 days of direct sunlight it had all but completely vanished. Can't even find where it was as of now.
Old    Hate N Pain (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
UV rays, 68% of the time it works everytime!
Old    Benjamin (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-10-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
so just let it ride huh?
Old    Bruizza (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       09-10-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
If that seat cushion is removable take it out and lay it in the sun for a few days and it will disappear. Otherwise yeah just let it ride and it will eventually disappear.
Old    Richard (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-10-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
I had the same type of thing happen 2 seasons ago. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would get the stain out. Now two seasons later the stain is completely gone. It's amazing what a little sunlight can do.
Old    CORY MITCHELL (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-11-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
i had this happen before i tried EVERY cleaner known to man. from babes, to powder pot and rust cleaner, oxy, dawn, there were like 4-5 more. nothing would touch it. finnally had to use bleach. after re-apply for almost an hour keeping it wet with fresh bleach every 5 minutes (used a cotton ball) it completely disappeared.

luckily it was on a white area.

once it was out, i rinsed it good, wiped dry and apllied babes seat conditioner to restore the moisture and protect it and keep it soft
Old    Brian (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-13-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
The sun will likely take it out. Any stain that has bleed through on my seats has come just by being in the sun.
Old    Travis (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-13-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Another thumbs up for the sun, it will take out some stains. Personally, I would never use bleach on my vinyl, bleach is extremely hard on vinyl and will remove any UV block it has in the vinyl intself. Try a mild cleaner, I use exquisite this wont strip protectants, and anything that will not come out let the sun have a shot at it.
Old    Bill K (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-13-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
We had a gal in the boat last week that had "New Skin" on her leg. I guess she slid into 2nd base & had a gnarly raspberry on her leg from it. Anyway, she left some DNA behind in a couple of places. Exquisite doesn't do a dam thing on the stain. We tried a number of other things too, Malco, Oxy Clean, Acetone, etc. Nothing is touching it other than sunshine. The sun has faded it about 1/2 way gone in a week. Hoping it is completely gone in another week.