Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
James won the Open Men's Surf at the WWSC, but some how accidentally got a COPY of the check for his winnings and not the actual check. We've been trying for 6 weeks now to figure out how to get the actual check, nothing seems to work. I just called again to talk with Overbye and was told he's no longer with Fineline. I'm at a loss! Anyone have a contact name and number either at the Merced Plant or the North Carolina plant?

I no longer have posting privleges at Centurion Crew, so that recomendation doesn't work

Anyone?
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-01-2010, 12:17 PM Reply   
Good luck Jeff. I did laugh out loud a little bit when I read this, but I feel bad for you. Centurion is hanging by their fingertips from a Cliff in my personal opinion right now. Hopefully this was just an honest mistake.

AND, before anyone starts bashing, I own one.
Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Wow, I didn't think of that. I hope it's not a fiscal issue and just an "over worked" clerical person. You wouldn't happen to know a contact name would you?
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-01-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
Fineline East Phone# 252-587-0405 Fineline East 209-384-0255
Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Thanks Jay. Got both those numbers and have left VM's to what folks I thought could help, but no response. I was hoping that someone might know someone with "juice" that could say - oh, sorry, here's the deal you have to do such-and-such in order to get the money. I'm sure large manufacturers have all sorts of internal controls over the reissuance of checks, we just can't seem to get to the right person.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-01-2010, 1:50 PM Reply   
@Surfdad: Post this on Centurion Crew, there are guys on there with direct phone numbers. In addition, I am sure Fineline visits that site often. You could also hit Towanza up for their contact.

@Charles: I dont think Fineline is hurting worse than everybody else. I would be really surprised if this has not been a big screw up on Fineline's part. Jame's winnings are just not that much compared to the bad publicity they will get if he is not paid.
Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Thanks jkw. I've talked with the folks from Towanza 4 times and they have really made an effort to help me out, but still nothing.

I have lost my privlidge to post on Centurion Crew, so can't do that.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-01-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdad View Post
Thanks jkw. I've talked with the folks from Towanza 4 times and they have really made an effort to help me out, but still nothing.

I have lost my privlidge to post on Centurion Crew, so can't do that.
Well if the Towanza guys cant get you to the right person and I dont know anybody else that can. The main guy's name I hear a lot is Wes (I think). You could call Fineline East and just ask for him.

Last edited by lakesurfer; 09-01-2010 at 2:20 PM.
Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
Les Clark, yep...can't get through. I just figured he thought I was a salesman. We even sent a certified letter to Rick Lee, but that's only been a few days ago. You know, now I am starting to get worried.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-01-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
Jeff, do you know if Clark Bird is still the CFO at Centurion? If so I've got his phone number I can shoot you
Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
Oh man, no I don't. I don't mind calling the NC number and asking for him - accountant comrade in arms! I'd just like someone to tell me their working on it and it'll be 3 more years or something. It's like shapers, don't ignore me or tell me 2 weeks, sure no problem. Instead say - listen I'm a HUGE stoner and if there are any waves, I will NOT be shaping. So the best I can tell you is your board WILL get finished, but I don't know when.
Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
Sorry to be rude! Thanks bac!
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-01-2010, 4:28 PM Reply   
I think they have caller ID and say"Oh crap it's the Walkers calling tell him he's not in" j/k That sucks Jeff,did the other winners get their checks?
Old    surfdad            09-01-2010, 5:18 PM Reply   
LOL - it wouldn't surprize me, WBJ . Lo and behold there is an envelope in today's mail here at home addressed to James from Fineline, so it has to be the check...and also the return receipt from the delivery of the certified letter to Mr. Lee.

I think that two folks got the copy instead of the actual check. The finals wound up so late and it was pitch black when they were trying to do all that, I'm sure it was just a mix up due to the conditions. It's all good now! Thanks everyone for suggestions and contact info, I appreciate it.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-01-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
Glad it worked out Jeff!

Just got back home from a run and was about to email you. Maybe Mr. Lee will contact you now, lol
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-01-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
Great for James!Agree with JKW that would have been a bonehead move to screw a winner of a contest they sponsored.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-02-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
I guess all good things come to those who wait
Old    surfdad            09-02-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
...actually I think the certified letter to the boss did the trick, the person who signed for the letter also sent the check, interestingly on the same day!
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-03-2010, 4:09 PM Reply   
Nice!