Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-28-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
My boat came to me with a pair of Boss wakeboard racks but the rubber trim on one of the forks is going bad. I need to replace it but I have no idea where to go. Boss is no longer in business so I cant call them. I am hoping either another company uses the same part or there is a generic form available from a place like McMaster or Grainger but so far I cant find anything. I definately dont want to be buying new racks over a cheap piece of rubber.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-28-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
I have same issue and am also interested too.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-28-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
I don't have Boss racks, but mine uses 1/4" diameter O-ring cord stock, available from McMaster.
Old     (formfunction)      Join Date: Jun 2008       08-28-2010, 11:33 AM Reply   
You can order large diameter shrink tubing for making electrical harness and slide it over the forks.It seem to hold up better than the rubber insert.I have also seen people use a rubber dip thats sold mainly for dipping tool handles like pliers and channel locks.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-28-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
I may have been able to answer my own question. I remember meeting a guy that used to work for Boss that runs a shop now. I called him and he said that lightning Towers and DIY wake use the exact same rubber inserts. I just got off the phone with DIY wake and I am going over there to pick some up. 10 bucks a piece. I may even get some spares. Luckily DIY wake is about 15 minutes from my house as well as lightning but both places can ship out.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-01-2010, 8:20 PM Reply   
RM you beat me to it. DIY wake should have what you need. Great guys and CS over there
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-02-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
I had the same problem and used a product called Plasti-dip. It worked really well so far.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-02-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
I've only tried McMaster-Carr but I'm still looking for (what I assume is) an adhesive-backed rubber pad for my FCT tower.

The rubber is a pretty hard variety. It might even be vulcanized.


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us