Articles
   
       
       
Pics/Video
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WAKE WORLD HOME
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old    Adam Barry (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2010, 11:39 AM Reply   
Everytime I see pictures of that thing I sit and wonder how it has so many drain holes on the side of the boat.. I am thinking he added a few bags like in the back and maybe an integrated sac but that still leaves two extra holes. 2 bilge pumps? or did he fit another one in there somewhere? Just out of curiosity..
Old    Miguel (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-10-2010, 1:18 PM Reply   
4 ballast tanks = 4 holes + bilge
Old    Brett Yates (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
I got to ride in Brent Starr's boat and watch Bret V and Brent take a set. I am guessing Dave had a similar setup to his. He had and 08 VLX with the hammerhead and all 4 tanks. If I remember right he had all 4 stock tanks filled, 350 in each vdrive locker, a 500 across the cockpit floor, a triangle bow sack filled to probably 500-700 pounds plus a 1000-1500 pounds in lead disbursed. That would put it at 4000-5000 pounds. They road this with no wedge. It was pretty crazy. When slowing down you had to watch for water over the bow and the stern. It was slumped for sure.
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
I got to ride in Brent Starr's boat and watch Bret V and Brent take a set. I am guessing Dave had a similar setup to his. He had and 08 VLX with the hammerhead and all 4 tanks. If I remember right he had all 4 stock tanks filled, 350 in each vdrive locker, a 500 across the cockpit floor, a triangle bow sack filled to probably 500-700 pounds plus a 1000-1500 pounds in lead disbursed. That would put it at 4000-5000 pounds. They road this with no wedge. It was pretty crazy. When slowing down you had to watch for water over the bow and the stern. It was slumped for sure.
holy sacked batman
Old    Adam Barry (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
lol it has 9 holes throughout the boat though. 4 tanks and then 4 bags and 1 bilge? lol thats my guess..
Old    Who Cares (liljohn)      Join Date: May 2007       08-10-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
4 tanks = 8 holes 1 for the drain and 1 for the vent. the old ghost ran 5500# i belive.. I have pictures of it some where.
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-10-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
Slumpy McSlammed...

All nine of those holes are stock. Not sure which does what, but I didn't add any. All extra sacks are filled and emptied manually.

2008 Malibu Wakesetter VLX w/ 5000 lbs. of ballast
Name:  Slam1.jpg
Views: 3109
Size:  65.6 KB

2010 Malibu Wakesetter VLX w/ 3000 lbs. of ballast
Name:  Slam2.jpg
Views: 3483
Size:  89.5 KB
Old    Adam Barry (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
oh thats odd. Lot of drain holes lol. That thing is looooooowwwwwwww. Must be scary everytime you stop. and I must say Dave.. that is the best looking malibu I have ever seen. So sexy!
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Would be nice to have the extra holes to add another bilge or something, and i like them grouped like that. rather than random holes along the side of the hull.
David is that 2011 your new boat??
Old    J D (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-13-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
those two boats are te nicest looking boats I've ever seen.. I love your style Dave..

A dude we ride with has over 4k in his new Xstar and we will take water over the front and back if you don't decel slow..
Old    Jeff D (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       08-13-2010, 12:43 PM Reply   
I might start a trend with simulated thru hulls. Like those simulated engine vent ports that wanna be gangstas put on their car fenders.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/simulated-e...=c2130d16949j1

I'd get like 30 fake thru hulls and stick them down the side of my boat. The ladies would be like "Ooooh! I bet he gots a crazy big ballast system on there!"
Old    Troy (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       08-13-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Two drains and two vents in the front, a drain and vent, + bilge on back rt, a drain and vent on the back left.
Old    usfhookup            08-13-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
thats cuz malibu is not smart enough to use reversible pumps.. so instead the drill a million holes all over the boat
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-14-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
Joey, that's a 2010. We normally re-up every two years so 2012 would be our next one, but I have to tell you that I just fall in love with these boats and it's really hard to give them up once you get them all dialed in! I guess that's a pretty nice problem to have, so I'll shut up now.
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Joey, that's a 2010. We normally re-up every two years so 2012 would be our next one, but I have to tell you that I just fall in love with these boats and it's really hard to give them up once you get them all dialed in! I guess that's a pretty nice problem to have, so I'll shut up now.
looks pretty trick. I forgot the 2010 had the new tower. Best lookin BU ive seen....well since the 2008 you had haha!
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-14-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
Yeah, I'm bummed that you can now get the white tower on the 2011 and I'm stuck with black. The white tower would really be the finishing touch!
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
Yeah, I'm bummed that you can now get the white tower on the 2011 and I'm stuck with black. The white tower would really be the finishing touch!
yea i was wondering why you didnt follow up with a white tower like with the 08. But dude it not that big a deal haha, boat still looks killer. Could you get the black powdercoated? I have no clue what kinda finish/material the tower is but it might work.
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-14-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
I don't think it's powercoat. It's a pretty unique roughed up surface, so I don't know how they do it.
Old    Kyle Marriott (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-14-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
dave i think it would look sick i you could get the chrome on the tower powder coated white that could be a sick accent i mean i havent seen it but it s just a thought in my head that would look awesome
Old    Tim Waters (TimboSlice)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-14-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
david,
can you post pictures of the wake when yall were shooting for global warning?
Old    Joe (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-14-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
I don't think it's powercoat. It's a pretty unique roughed up surface, so I don't know how they do it.
yea i dont think it would be worth all the trouble to get it smoothed out and powerdered. Ive never seen one of those up close, the black still looks sick, and its not like it doesnt go with the rest of the boat ya know? still solid.
Old    David Williams (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-15-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboSlice View Post
david,
can you post pictures of the wake when yall were shooting for global warning?
Gotta buy the DVD!!

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 6:14 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2012 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us