Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
Well While I was on vacation at Lake of the Ozarks my IS Squirt got stolen... I now need to buy a new board but want to get a better board... I am 6'2 and weight 210#... What board would be best for me... I like the surf style boards and my boat has a medium sized wake but somewhat shorter than other boats... its a 2001 Tige 20i with about 900-1000lbs of ballast depending on how many people I got in the boat.... I hope Ragboy or Surfdad could chime in on a board in the 500-600 range... thanks
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-26-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
I have an IS Red and an IS Blue, with a smaller wake you would most likley need the Red. I also have a Shred Stixx Stixxtreme that rates up to 250lb riders
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
hey send me an email at petrey10@hotmail.com with pictures on the Blue and Stixxtreme!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
That sucks about your board, sorry to hear that.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
what board do you recommend ragboy??
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2010, 10:58 AM Reply   
Probably the 5.2 from lakewakes, you can get one at http://wake9.com/boatboard

You are big enough that that board will ride fine for you. You can ask guns about that board, he is 5.10 or so and about 230-240 I think. It rides very well for that size, and the board is very versatile and can be used for smaller people.

If you really want performance, there is the bazooka from TWP, but you have to going out a lot, and really progressing if you want to take advantage of that board. Its an amazing performer, but expensive.

There is also the CompX 5.0 from TWP, but I dought you would find one anywhere. The lakewakes 5.2 take about 2-3 weeks to build and ship, he may have some in stock.

Here is a link gunz started about his new board:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...ghlight=dragon

There is a link to the video in there also.