Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (French)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
Has anybody put the 400lb v-drive sacs on either side of the engine cover in a direct drive boat instead of using the 250lb "side sacks"? Just wondering if they tend to roll over and hit the engine cover or anything.

Im thinking of getting a pair to put in my '03 Mobius in addition to my 770 in the ski locker/walkway and the 300 or so under the back seat for days when we don't have enough people.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thx!
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-24-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
I've ran Two 440's, The work fine.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-24-2010, 6:28 PM Reply   
I have a pair of skylon fatboys I put on each side of my engine. They are 580 each. They don't roll bc there isn't enough room. They are wedged pretty tight between the engine cover and the gunnels. I also put a 680# rear seat bottom sac in place of my rear seat and about 750 in the bow and the wedge is always down. This is in a 03 Malibu response lx.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-25-2010, 8:36 AM Reply   
I ran a pair in my Sanger DLX. They fit perfectly and make good seats.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2010, 9:19 AM Reply   
I'm using a set of FH v-drive sacs. Built some boxes to house them so I can stand/sit on them as well.

Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-26-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
Same here as Ryan, minus the port-side box (Dad only let me build one because he likes the walkthrough when no ballast is in use). They fit beautifully, although I usually only fill them 1/2 to 3/4 full.